Author Topic: Sarah "attack dog" endorsed by NOW!!!  (Read 1152 times)

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
Sarah "attack dog" endorsed by NOW!!!
« on: October 07, 2008, 05:09:29 AM »
LA NOW Prez on Palin: 'America, This is What a Feminist Looks Like'
October 06, 2008 11:45 AM

Shelly Mandell, the president of the Los Angeles chapter of the National Organization for Women introduced Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin over the weekend in California, speaking not on behalf of NOW but "as an individual, as a woman's rights activist for 30 years who has worked for all those years to see this day."

Going through her feminist bona fides -- the International Women's Year, the Equal Rights Amendment, Geraldine Ferraro -- Mandell said she is "proud to support Sarah Palin, a woman who will fight for women's rights ... a woman who will, Lord knows, shake things up."

"Make no mistake," Mandell said. "I'm a life-long Democrat ... I don't agree with Gov. Palin on several issues." And yet, she said, "I know Sarah Palin cares about women’s rights, she cares about equality, she cares about equal pay, and as Vice President she will fight for it. She cares about our children and she cares about women's lives. She's an athlete and she knows what Title Nine did for girls like her."

"It is an honor to call her sister," Mandell said as she handed the microphone over to Palin, who would accuse Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., of "palling around with terrorists."

“America," Mandell said, "this is what a feminist looks like."

California's NOW President, Patty Bellasalma, issued a statement saying that the "National Organization for Women Political Action Committee (NOW PAC) joined with many allied organizations representing a broad and diverse cross-section of U.S. women to endorse Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Both have long records of service, fighting to improve the rights of women, families, and working people. From voting rights to equal pay legislation to authoring and funding the Violence Against Women Act, it was clear to NOW PAC that the Obama/Biden ticket represents the best team for the kind of future we envision for women and girls.

"A member and officer of the Los Angeles NOW chapter, Shelly Mandell, recently introduced Governor Sarah Palin at an event in Carson, California. Ms. Mandell was speaking as an individual and was not authorized to represent NOW, the NOW PAC or LA NOW in any capacity in connection with a federal candidate endorsement. As NOW President Kim Gandy said upon Palin’s selection , 'Not every woman supports women's rights.' The use of Shelly Mandell’s Los Angeles NOW title was apparently intended to mislead the public, and indeed has resulted in local television outlets and internet reports misstating that LA NOW has “endorsed” Sarah Palin or that she has a record of supporting women’s rights. This in fact is not the case.

"As President of California NOW and as a member and officer of Los Angeles NOW, I can assure you that there is no local or state affiliate of NOW, including LA NOW, which endorses or supports the McCain/Palin ticket. John McCain and Sarah Palin oppose many of the rights and freedoms we have fought for throughout NOW's 42 years, and we will not be pushed back to the days of back-alley abortions, forced pregnancies, and pay discrimination without remedy. Nor will we let the media distractions deter our members and activists from our organizing for freedom and equality for all women, putting our hopes and our dreams, our hard work and our hard-earned money, behind a proven team for women: the next President of the United States – Barack Obama – and his running mate, longtime friend and ally of women, Sen. Joe Biden With equal ferocity we will fight to protect young women by defeating Proposition 4 and to keep bigotry and discrimination out of our state constitution by defeating Proposition 8 here in California."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/10/la-now-prez-on.html

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Sarah "attack dog" endorsed by NOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:12:39 AM »
NOW doesn't care about the little girls (or boys) killed in the womb so they don't support women's rights for sure.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 05:17:22 AM »
Shelly explained they don't agree on everything but she endorsed Sarah and called her a "feminist" in front of a large gathering of people in Los Angeles, of all places. 

This is something to celebrate after the beating we've all taken from that louse Obama. 

I wish Sarah well and am watching her on Greta's show right now.  It's very exciting.

I would like this thread to be one of wishing the candidates our best regards, since the debate is tonight! :)

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 07:09:43 AM »
NOW doesn't care about the little girls (or boys) killed in the womb so they don't support women's rights for sure.

Ruby, don't you think this will aggravate Katie Couric, Barbara Walters, and the rest of their ilk?  I don't care about NOW.  They called Sarah "a feminist."  One would think this would just aggravate the media.  they deserve to be humiliated.  They will now discredit, smear, Shelly, and it will be a blood bath.  Anyone that supports the McCain-Palin ticket is smeared.  Is it normal for 5-12 yr. olds to chant "Obama Obama Obama," with the glazed over trance-like eyes.  ALL OF THIS IS SICK.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 09:28:55 AM »
What? NAG endorses Sarah the cutie?
Well, that's like having a wart on your face.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 09:41:25 AM »
k....

the New York Times has suddenly woken up and written a few pieces.  I am watching Greta's show and McCain called Obama, "a liar."  Finally, McCain and Palin confront this DICTATOR.

my point is NOW has endorsed Palin, in Hollywood.  You can't even put a McCain bumper sticker on your car, utter a word about being a Republican......it was stunning to see a large crowd around Sarah in this star struck town. 

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 10:17:42 AM »
LA NOW Prez on Palin: 'America, This is What a Feminist Looks Like'
October 06, 2008 11:45 AM

Shelly Mandell, the president of the Los Angeles chapter of the National Organization for Women introduced Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin over the weekend in California, speaking not on behalf of NOW but "as an individual, as a woman's rights activist for 30 years who has worked for all those years to see this day."

Going through her feminist bona fides -- the International Women's Year, the Equal Rights Amendment, Geraldine Ferraro -- Mandell said she is "proud to support Sarah Palin, a woman who will fight for women's rights ... a woman who will, Lord knows, shake things up."

"Make no mistake," Mandell said. "I'm a life-long Democrat ... I don't agree with Gov. Palin on several issues." And yet, she said, "I know Sarah Palin cares about women’s rights, she cares about equality, she cares about equal pay, and as Vice President she will fight for it. She cares about our children and she cares about women's lives. She's an athlete and she knows what Title Nine did for girls like her."

"It is an honor to call her sister," Mandell said as she handed the microphone over to Palin, who would accuse Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., of "palling around with terrorists."

“America," Mandell said, "this is what a feminist looks like."

California's NOW President, Patty Bellasalma, issued a statement saying that the "National Organization for Women Political Action Committee (NOW PAC) joined with many allied organizations representing a broad and diverse cross-section of U.S. women to endorse Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Both have long records of service, fighting to improve the rights of women, families, and working people. From voting rights to equal pay legislation to authoring and funding the Violence Against Women Act, it was clear to NOW PAC that the Obama/Biden ticket represents the best team for the kind of future we envision for women and girls.

"A member and officer of the Los Angeles NOW chapter, Shelly Mandell, recently introduced Governor Sarah Palin at an event in Carson, California. Ms. Mandell was speaking as an individual and was not authorized to represent NOW, the NOW PAC or LA NOW in any capacity in connection with a federal candidate endorsement. As NOW President Kim Gandy said upon Palin’s selection , 'Not every woman supports women's rights.' The use of Shelly Mandell’s Los Angeles NOW title was apparently intended to mislead the public, and indeed has resulted in local television outlets and internet reports misstating that LA NOW has “endorsed” Sarah Palin or that she has a record of supporting women’s rights. This in fact is not the case.

"As President of California NOW and as a member and officer of Los Angeles NOW, I can assure you that there is no local or state affiliate of NOW, including LA NOW, which endorses or supports the McCain/Palin ticket. John McCain and Sarah Palin oppose many of the rights and freedoms we have fought for throughout NOW's 42 years, and we will not be pushed back to the days of back-alley abortions, forced pregnancies, and pay discrimination without remedy. Nor will we let the media distractions deter our members and activists from our organizing for freedom and equality for all women, putting our hopes and our dreams, our hard work and our hard-earned money, behind a proven team for women: the next President of the United States – Barack Obama – and his running mate, longtime friend and ally of women, Sen. Joe Biden With equal ferocity we will fight to protect young women by defeating Proposition 4 and to keep bigotry and discrimination out of our state constitution by defeating Proposition 8 here in California."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/10/la-now-prez-on.html

She's probably physically attracted to her. :::D

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 10:37:13 AM »
GOOD FOR THIS WOMAN FROM now SHELLY
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 11:04:11 AM »
Quote from: Ben Yehuda

<snip>
She's probably physically attracted to her.

is dey practicin feminism on each ahver?

BTW,
This clip of Ally G was from first shows that made him famous, on the 11 O' Clock show. It was a masterpiece of an interview.  He was new at the time. Very very funny..

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 12:01:43 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 12:33:34 PM »

<snip>

BTW,
This clip of Ally G was from first shows that made him famous, on the 11 O' Clock show. It was a masterpiece of an interview.  He was new at the time. Very very funny..

Oh, yeah, I think I confused feminism with lesbianism. :laugh:

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 10:54:41 AM »

<snip>

BTW,

Oh, yeah, I think I confused feminism with lesbianism. :laugh:

you are silly and funny :laugh:

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 11:06:54 AM »

Ruby, don't you think this will aggravate Katie Couric, Barbara Walters, and the rest of their ilk?  I don't care about NOW.  They called Sarah "a feminist."  One would think this would just aggravate the media.  they deserve to be humiliated.  They will now discredit, smear, Shelly, and it will be a blood bath.  Anyone that supports the McCain-Palin ticket is smeared.  Is it normal for 5-12 yr. olds to chant "Obama Obama Obama," with the glazed over trance-like eyes.  ALL OF THIS IS SICK.

They didn't call Sarah a feminist, one of the people who work for them called Sarah a feminist.

In one sense she is, she's advancing women's political rights by reaching for the highest levels of government. However I think she'd seriously clash with the woman who endorsed her on most so-called "feminist" issues like abortion.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 11:20:33 AM »
Thing is..

Since Joe Biden came along, I'm not sure that women will like her THAT much..

This may offend some women.. but I think that one thing women really want is to appear more intelligent than men.

If any guy here has ever had the shame of asking a woman for directions. Nothing can make her happier.

I'm sure women, particularly feminists, find the fact that even the best chefs are men, along with most accountants, lawyers, doctors,    I think that's a constant irritation to them, and they really desperately want to show that they can do things just as well as men. Yet they keep getting knocked trying.   Women want somebody that can represent themselves to men.  They want a woman that can beat a man at everything.  I'm not sure why they didn't like Hillary. Maybe her personality. Palin certainly has the personality.. But she is a bit 1 dimensional.  (Obama is too, and the 1 dimension he has is bad).

Women like men or  leading women, that they can be proud of..

Sarah Palin was great against Obama.  And she's got a great female style get up and go for it mentality that women love to have. But she can't run circles around Biden intellectually.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 11:27:38 AM »

They didn't call Sarah a feminist, one of the people who work for them called Sarah a feminist.

In one sense she is, she's advancing women's political rights by reaching for the highest levels of government. However I think she'd seriously clash with the woman who endorsed her on most so-called "feminist" issues like abortion.

Shelly is endorsing McCain-Palin and is voting Republican for the first time.  We will see her get kicked of NOW, if she hasn't already.  I don't see how she can remain President of the L.A. Chapter.  That's why I was so shocked to see the crowd around Sarah in L.A.  The rally took place in Comptom.  That is a black neighborhood and on the outskirts of L.A.  I am only reporting Ruby, what was on tv.  I don't have a crystal ball here.

Some funny posts were put on the thread.  Thanks everyone :-*

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »
Thank you , Jaime.