Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
Shalom
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:11:46 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:33:04 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Pepsi and the Arabs
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 10:14:07 PM »
Pepsi is my favorite pop, and I was looking some information up on its site today.  I was a bit uneasy after hearing the site's theme music at www.pepsi.com.  Doesn't it sound eerily similar to Arab music?  Or am I just paranoid?

You are Paranoid
It sounds like techno/rap beat

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 10:17:18 PM »
Pepsi is my favorite pop, and I was looking some information up on its site today.  I was a bit uneasy after hearing the site's theme music at www.pepsi.com.  Doesn't it sound eerily similar to Arab music?  Or am I just paranoid?

You are Paranoid
It sounds like techno/rap beat

Yeah, a techno/rap beat to Arab music.  I expected a hijabbed figure to jump out any minute with a can of Pepsi and start break dancing.

It does not sound like Arab music it is a beat like Punjabi MC makes

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 10:28:54 PM »
Is anyone here old enough to remember when Jews would not buy Pepsi because of their support of the Arab boycott of Israel? That's how that Hebrew "Shtoo Coca Cola" tee shirt thing got started.
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 10:35:58 PM »
Is anyone here old enough to remember when Jews would not buy Pepsi because of their support of the Arab boycott of Israel? That's how that Hebrew "Shtoo Coca Cola" tee shirt thing got started.

I heard about that, and before that happened there was a problem with Coke because Coca Cola chose the Arab market over Israel because the Arabs would boycott Coke for selling it in Israel.

I'm not old enough to remember the first one you mentioned, but I do remember in the 70s Jews not drinking Pepsi because of their support of the boycott. My husband said that in Saudi Arabia (where he was during Desert Storm), the ads said, "Pepsi: choice of Arab football"!
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 10:36:13 PM »

I had that shirt
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/zoom/zoompop.asp?i=25103%5Fts%2EJPG&h=320&w=320&bgc=FFFFFF&ui=3&mz=2&cf=2&nv=3&c=&mode=zoom&adid=264381

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 11:04:36 PM »
I could see were you get Arab from. But no, I think it is some sort of technological beat.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 01:40:19 AM »

I heard about that, and before that happened there was a problem with Coke because Coca Cola chose the Arab market over Israel because the Arabs would boycott Coke for selling it in Israel.

I thought it was Coke that is sold in Israel, while Pepsi is sold in the arab countries.  Am I wrong?

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 02:42:47 AM »

I thought it was Coke that is sold in Israel, while Pepsi is sold in the arab countries.  Am I wrong?

Today you can get both Coke and Pepsi anywhere in the Middle East where pop is sold.  There have been times in history that both Coke and Pepsi were not sold in Israel because they didn't want to be boycotted by the larger Arab market.  This happened to Coke first, which was not sold in Israel back in the 60's.  There was a backlash in America against Coke for being anti-Israel, and so they started selling Coke in Israel, and then the Arabs started boycotting Coke.  Pepsi had a similar problem afterwards.  Pepsi started selling to the Arab market while the Arabs were boycotting Coke.  Pepsi then got a similar backlash by people thinking that Coke was pro-Israel and Pepsi was pro-Arab, and so Pepsi lost sales in America.  So now Pepsi is sold in Israel too.  And of course, now Arabs claim it's a Zionist beverage and that Pepsi stands for "Pay Each Penny Save Israel".

That's interesting.  Of course neither corporation cares about arabs or Jews.  They're just interested in the bottom line, which makes sense of course.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 06:04:12 AM »
one happened somewhere between 1985-1991, not sure when.

arabs threatened something like, not to buy pepsi or coke if they sell to israel.. and one of them listened.

It was probably pepsi that listened.. Pepsi does have a weaker taste!

Real men drink Coke!  (or drunk coke, before they got sensible and stopped drinking fizzy drinks routinely or at all)

(of course, it's not healthy, and better to drink neither.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 10:07:26 AM »

Pepsi is notorious in Israel for having boycotted the state when it was founded.   This is why Coca Cola is the predominant soft drink in Israel, RC cola is probably next popular, and Pepsi is found almost nowhere!   I don't believe the boycott continued to today, but most people are still sore about it.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 06:02:41 PM »

Pepsi is notorious in Israel for having boycotted the state when it was founded.   This is why Coca Cola is the predominant soft drink in Israel, RC cola is probably next popular, and Pepsi is found almost nowhere!   I don't believe the boycott continued to today, but most people are still sore about it.

This is quite correct. Coke opened its bottling plant in Israel back in 1960 or so while Pepsi had been boycotting Israel until the early 90s.