Author Topic: Rav Yakov Yosef-No afterlife for Federman farm destroyers  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Ronen Levi Yitzchak Segal

• Junior JTFer
Re: Rav Yakov Yosef-No afterlife for Federman farm destroyers
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 01:43:59 PM »
Baruch Hashem - wow - this is getting really intense.  I can't believe he can make such a claim.  I never thought we would see such days of Jews cursing Jews after the Holocaust.  May G-d Almighty swiftly bring achdus between his people, Israel.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 02:01:45 PM »
I admire this man, Yaakov Yosef.

I hope that his estimation of this horrible crime will change the points of view of many Jews in Israel.

I hope that they will internalize his words and see clearly the hypocrisy of the current gouvernment, which refuse to raze the houses of murderes, althrough the evil relatives who live there are identifying with the goals of the murderer and celebrate the criminal there, but they destroy instead of his home the home of hard working and godfearing Jews.

This is injustice and it is time that more people stand up and speal against it.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 02:02:35 PM »
The people who did this to the Federmans don't believe in afterlife.

Offline Ronen Levi Yitzchak Segal

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 02:13:17 PM »
Baruch Hashem - whether they believe or not is of no consequence.  It does exist.  Personally, I didn't know a Jew has the power to utter these types of words.  I still trust that ultimately there is only the final verdict of the one true G-d of Israel.

I can't imagine these people can't made teshuva for what they did.  That would be a horrible reality to live with.

Aren't we all trying to come back in repentence, when all is said and done?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 02:23:42 PM »
It's time to take off the kid gloves with the erev rav, or else people will continue to be brainwashed into thinking "they are our brothers" and "let them trample us but they will do teshuvah later don't worry" "everything will be fine" etc..... This leads to a lack of self defense and a problematic lack of rational thought that allows the criminals to commit more criminal acts.   This statement by the rabbi here sends a message.   Not only to the transgressors.   But also to the victims!  (and potential 'future victims' )

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 02:32:23 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Rav made these comments and agree; however, the leftists who are running Israel and who are responsible for this atrocity against Federmans are not religious.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 02:37:26 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Rav made these comments and agree; however, the leftists who are running Israel and who are responsible for this atrocity against Federmans are not religious.

Ben Yehuda,

Do you imply that Hashem has no power over them? We know that Hashem is master over all, whether they believe in him or not...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 02:53:18 PM »

Ben Yehuda,

Do you imply that Hashem has no power over them? We know that Hashem is master over all, whether they believe in him or not...

muman613

NO, please don't put words in my mouth! Hashem has power over them as he did over hitler, muslime and other enemies of the Jews. Your enemies do not believe as you do, otherwise they would likely not be your enemies.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 02:54:07 PM »

Deep down everyone knows it to be true. They might go crazy over it, but they become scared. Will it affect them? Maybe some. And even if it doesn't it definitly will affect us and the way many will see them then.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 02:58:30 PM »
HERE IS THE ARTICLE POSTED HERE.

Really people should include the article in the forum.
So people can comment properly. And as Shlomo said, for searches.

Shas rabbi's son: No afterlife for Federman farm destroyers

Following demolition of extreme rightist's Hebron house that sparked days of riots, threats, Rabbi Yaakov Yosef visits site, says 'anyone who took part in expulsion has no place in the world to come'

Yaakov Yosef, son of Shas' spiritual leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, said Tuesday there would be no afterlife for those who took part in the destruction of the Federman home. He spoke during a visit to the Federman farm in the Jewish community of Kiryat Arba.

Violent riots and threats were made against security forces following the evacuation and demolition of the West Bank settlement home some 10 days ago, and since then, settlers have set up temporary structures in place of the buildings that were knocked down.
Firing Back

Settlers say incendiary Left has declared open season on them / Efrat Weiss

After Shin Bet chief warns extreme-right may carry out political assassination, livid settler leaders issue sharp response to government's newfound heavy hand. 'Words from the Left can also kill,' they say

"Anyone who took part in the expulsion of the Federman family from their home and the destruction of their home – has no place in the afterlife," the visiting rabbi said.

Yosef continued to express his disgust with the demolition and said he wished the Federman family would return and rebuild their home."It is difficult for me to see this; I know that I will be crying for a whole week now. To see the destruction and the atrocity that police caused a Jewish family in the Land of Israel," he added.

The Shas leader's son quoted a Halacha verse calling on soldiers to refuse orders regarding evacuation and demolition. One of the people present during his visitng told the rabbi, "Some officer that took part in the expulsion wore kippot and recited Psalms at the Cave of the Patriarchs."

Yosef in response said, "Their prayers are worthless."

Rabbi Yaakov Yosef is very respected among the haredi and national-religious community, and served in the past as a Shas MK. Yosef currently runs the Hazon Yaakov Yeshiva in Jerusalem.

This is not the first time right-wing activists have made harsh expressions against the Israeli law enforcement system. After the initial evacuation, settlers in the area vowed revenge on Israel Defense Force soldiers.

"We hope they are defeated by their enemies, we hope that they all become (kidnapped soldier) Gilad Shalit, that they are all killed and that they are all slaughtered, because that's what they deserve," one settler told Army Radio.

Such outburst caused a political storm and the government soon after decided to withdraw support from all illegal outposts in the West Bank.

Over the weekend, a cornerstone ceremony was held in the Federman farm. Kiryat Arba Rabbi Dov Lior, chairman of the Committee of Yesha Rabbis, said during the event that "the expulsion forces activity in the Federman farm reminds me of what we went through in Poland dozens of years ago.

"Then too we were expelled from our homes for no reason, only for being Jews. Then too we were not given the option of evacuating our things, taking out personal belongings. Then too they came in the middle of the night and removed us without any compassion."

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 02:59:37 PM »

Deep down everyone knows it to be true. They might go crazy over it, but they become scared. Will it affect them? Maybe some. And even if it doesn't it definitly will affect us and the way many will see them then.

I think you are right; some may be affected. The statement by the Rav is helpful for Jews, and I laud it. My point was  to point out the mindset of those who order and carry out heinous attacks, such as those against the Federmans.