Author Topic: 64% of Republicans support Palin for GOP Presidential nomination in 2012  (Read 2128 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
                                                                                                                   בס''ד

The first Rasmussen poll on the 2012 Republican presidential contest shows overwhelming support for Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. When asked to choose whom they want as their party's candidate for president in 2012, 64% of Republicans pick Palin, 12% pick Mike Huckabee, 11% pick Mitt Romney, and Bobby Jindal and the other potential contenders are in the low single digits.

Palin is indeed opposed overwhelmingly by Democrats and by most independents. Her strength is with the Republican base. Which is exactly where Ronald Reagan was after the 1976 presidential election - very popular with the GOP base, but unpopular with Democrats, independents and establishment Republicans. Reagan eventually expanded his support without compromising and went on to defeat Jimmy Carter in 1980 with a landslide victory (Reagan won 44 of the 50 states against Carter).

JTF should be leading the charge on behalf of Palin now, in my opinion.

BTW, if you are wondering whether Rasmussen is accurate, the final election result was Obama 53%, McCain 46%. The final Rasmussen poll was Obama 52%, McCain 46%. That is pretty good!

Here's the poll:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2012/69_of_gop_voters_say_palin_helped_mccain
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 12:12:45 AM by Chaim Ben Pesach »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: 64% of Republicans support Palin for GOP Presidential nomination in 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 08:22:42 PM »
Palin Power! I wonder if there's a way to get in contact with her and help her understand some things about the Israel issue she might not get right now.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 08:31:22 PM »
Palin Power! I wonder if there's a way to get in contact with her and help her understand some things about the Israel issue she might not get right now.

http://gov.state.ak.us

Write away!  ;D
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 08:35:50 PM »
Palin is indeed opposed overwhelming by Democrats and by most independents.
Not entirely sure if the latter part is true. In the final days of the campaign, the independents went 50/50 for Obama and McCain. That isn't overwhelming opposition.

Anyway, the results of this poll are heartening. Glad to see Republicans are forgetting about that useless phony Huckster.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »

Write away!  ;D

Thank you.

Here's my letter so far. Are there any changes that should be made to it? Is it too long?

Dear Governor Palin:
I was pleased to learn about you during the campaign with John McCain, and I will be supporting you wholeheartedly if you decide to run for president in 2012. You are a shining example of a true conservative and you give hope to many conservatives who feel that their voice is not being heard in politics today. I hope that you'll be working through the next few years to position yourself to win the Republican nomination and later the Presidency.

There is one thing that I'd like to speak more with you about and that's your position on the two-state solution. The two-state solution is actually very bad for Israel. Even though the leadership in Israel says it's what they want, they are leftists, just like President-elect Obama and Ted Kennedy and others like them. More information about how the two-state solution is actually national suicide for Israel can be found at the Web page of the Jewish Task Force, http://www.jtf.org That organization also did a campaign called Jews for Palin,
and Jews against Obama. It is a very good source of information when it comes to Israeli issues.

G-d Bless you and your beautiful family.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 09:23:41 PM »
Palin is indeed opposed overwhelming by Democrats and by most independents.
Not entirely sure if the latter part is true. In the final days of the campaign, the independents went 50/50 for Obama and McCain. That isn't overwhelming opposition.

Anyway, the results of this poll are heartening. Glad to see Republicans are forgetting about that useless phony Huckster.

Independents went for McCain.  It was the Democrats and minorities who came out in huge numbers. 

I really am pessimistic about winning with the media as it is.  They have become way worse than they were even four years ago.  They are unapologetic now and will hide damaging stories for the left and focus on stories that hurt the right. The only way I think to go is legal action, boycotts and direct action. 

You never see the right protest or boycott the way the gays are now and that's our weakness.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 09:28:04 PM »
I'm on the fence with Palin.  She needs to come out fire back at all of those who have attacked her.  Just last night that pig Joy Behar was on Jay Leno and was so classless in how she went after her.  I want Palin to fire back at people like that.  I believe she is a good woman.  I just don't know if she's tough enough.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 09:30:23 PM »
Good. I'm voting for Palin come 2012.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 09:49:15 PM »
I was very happy to hear Chaim state that JTF may be supporting Palin if she decides to run in 2012. She has a shot at filling the senate seat that may be vacated by the senator who is under indictment. If he becomes convicted she will then be able to finish his term and get a toe hold in Washington politics.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 12:16:26 AM »

Write away!  ;D

Thank you.

Here's my letter so far. Are there any changes that should be made to it? Is it too long?

Dear Governor Palin:
I was pleased to learn about you during the campaign with John McCain, and I will be supporting you wholeheartedly if you decide to run for president in 2012. You are a shining example of a true conservative and you give hope to many conservatives who feel that their voice is not being heard in politics today. I hope that you'll be working through the next few years to position yourself to win the Republican nomination and later the Presidency.

There is one thing that I'd like to speak more with you about and that's your position on the two-state solution. The two-state solution is actually very bad for Israel. Even though the leadership in Israel says it's what they want, they are leftists, just like President-elect Obama and Ted Kennedy and others like them. More information about how the two-state solution is actually national suicide for Israel can be found at the Web page of the Jewish Task Force, http://www.jtf.org That organization also did a campaign called Jews for Palin,
and Jews against Obama. It is a very good source of information when it comes to Israeli issues.

G-d Bless you and your beautiful family.

Great letter!

And if we begin a Palin grassroots movement at this early stage, we may catch her attention and be able to influence her.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 12:28:46 AM »
I hope I don't get into trouble:

Alaska law prohibits the use of state equipment or resources for campaign or partisan political purposes. Please do not send any messages concerning campaign or partisan political activities to this e-mail address or any other state of Alaska office. Also, please do not send donations, contributions, or written correspondence to the state Office of the Governor or any other state of Alaska office. Information about elections and candidates can be found at the Alaska Division of Elections website

Oh well I live in TX, not Alaska. lol I didn't see that until after I'd sent it.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 12:36:52 AM »
I hope I don't get into trouble:

Alaska law prohibits the use of state equipment or resources for campaign or partisan political purposes. Please do not send any messages concerning campaign or partisan political activities to this e-mail address or any other state of Alaska office. Also, please do not send donations, contributions, or written correspondence to the state Office of the Governor or any other state of Alaska office. Information about elections and candidates can be found at the Alaska Division of Elections website

Oh well I live in TX, not Alaska. lol I didn't see that until after I'd sent it.

Don't worry, you didn't break any law. You are allowed to exercise your First Amendment rights. The Alaska law prohibits state employees from engaging in political activities with state money. But you can send any message you want.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 12:39:06 AM »
Thanks Chaim :)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 03:12:57 AM »
I saw this Huckabee was 2nd place in the poll and Romney was 3rd. I'd like to see a Palin Huckabbe or vice versa in 2012
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 04:12:55 AM »
Americans would have to go through a great boon of moral clarity if there would be any chance of Palin getting elected.  The incredible hostility towards Palin in the last three months surprised even me, and I expected it.  The media attacked her and her husband and her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend, and even her infant.  They were absolutely shameless.  I've never seen such a one sided treatment.

America needs to have its head examined.  Maybe America can borrow a national couch after Israel gets through with it.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 11:23:43 AM »
Too bad Palin isn't senator, I think she might just fade away from the federal Arena in the coming years. I also think she is almost unelectable. Too many voting sectors consider her as either a loony conservative or as a placate candidate.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 04:26:14 PM »
I think Sarah's momentum will build all the way to 2012.  She can spar with anyone, including Obama.  They should have let her debate him, she would have outsmarted him!!!!

Bobby Jindal is a true conservative too, he has absolutely turned Louisianna around after Katrina.  I watched him talking about plans for Louisianna, and he was abolutely brilliant.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 06:34:44 PM »
Palin being a  true conservative is the reason I doubt she'll ever get the republican nomination let alone get elected president.

I mean seriously America electing a zionist christian with an anglo name?
How racist of them. What biggotry we have nowa days.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 09:22:39 PM »
I saw this Huckabee was 2nd place in the poll and Romney was 3rd. I'd like to see a Palin Huckabbe or vice versa in 2012
Thats a powerhouse ticket.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 11:24:45 PM »
   Palin and Huckabee would make a Great Team... both are dynamic speakers with charisma and personality to match.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 11:19:46 AM »
   Palin and Huckabee would make a Great Team... both are dynamic speakers with charisma and personality to match.

That's absolutely true, they would compliment eachother perfectly. I'm writing Palin today!

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 12:24:03 PM »
Palin and Huckabee will never be on the same ticket because they are both evangelical Christians. Having two evangelicals on the same ticket would be unbalanced and a ticket like that would be unelectable (unfortunately).

Palin and Jindal will probably also not be on the same ticket. Palin doesn't need Jindal. She is already strong among conservatives, evangelicals and Southerners, which are the three groups that Jindal is popular among. Palin needs white ethnic Catholics, Jews and suburban Protestants - three swing groups that voted for Obama this year.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 12:29:14 PM »
Palin and Huckabee will never be on the same ticket because they are both evangelical Christians. Having two evangelicals on the same ticket would be unbalanced and a ticket like that would be unelectable (unfortunately).

Palin and Jindal will probably also not be on the same ticket. Palin doesn't need Jindal. She is already strong among conservatives, evangelicals and Southerners, which are the three groups that Jindal is popular among. Palin needs white ethnic Catholics, Jews and suburban Protestants - three swing groups that voted for Obama this year.

Didn't think of it that way, what about Hunter or Tancredo?

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 12:59:23 PM »

Didn't think of it that way, what about Hunter or Tancredo?

The type of people who support Hunter and Tancredo will also support Palin. Hunter and Tancredo don't bring anything to the ticket.

Palin needs a running mate with foreign policy experience and credentials. Just like the inexperienced George W. Bush picked Dick Cheney in 2000, and the inexperienced Obama picked Joe Biden in 2008. In 1980, the inexperienced Ronald Reagan (who was inexperienced in foreign policy) picked George Bush Sr.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 02:33:40 PM »

The only person that really leaves is Romney or God Forbid Giuliani.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2