Author Topic: Do you think there is some truth to the AMERO rumor?  (Read 679 times)

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Do you think there is some truth to the AMERO rumor?
« on: November 11, 2008, 03:03:27 PM »
Watch this video. The guy claims that the new Amero currency has already been minted and distributed (to China) and will replace the dollar in 6 months. What d you all think? Could this be true?

http://www.disclose.tv/viewvideo/9899/NAU__Hal_Turner_Shows_New_AMERO_Currency/

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Re: Do you think there is some truth to the AMERO rumor?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 03:17:09 PM »
No, this guy is not credible. This does not invalidate a strong possibility of the collapse of the dollar in the near future.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 03:29:15 PM »
6 months??   no.

However... It could be a possibility down the road.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 04:57:35 PM »
6 months??   no.

I realize now that the Amero coin is a hoax. I should have checked before I posted. However, I agree with you that the overall scenario is still a possibility.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 05:42:17 PM »
6 months??   no.

I realize now that the Amero coin is a hoax. I should have checked before I posted. However, I agree with you that the overall scenario is still a possibility.

Its a reality... since it DID happen in Europe.   And unfortunately, it may happen as a motivated show of friendship and solidarity with Canada and Mexico.  I sure as hell hope not.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 11:56:57 PM »
Shalom Friends,

This evening I was listening to a shuir and the Rabbi mentioned the currency called Pieces of Eight. This particular name is also the name of a song by one of my favorite bands {when I was a teenager} Styx . I was not very familiar with the Pieces of Eight so I did a wiki search as I sat here. It is very interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_dollar

The Spanish dollar (also known as the piece of eight, the real de a ocho, or the eight real coin) is a silver coin, worth eight reales, that was minted in the Spanish Empire after a Spanish currency reform in 1497. It was legal tender in the United States until an Act of the United States Congress discontinued the practice in 1857. Through widespread use in Europe, the Americas and the Far East, it became the first world currency by the late 18th century. Many existing currencies, such as the Canadian dollar, United States dollar and the Chinese yuan, as well as currencies in Latin America and the Philippine peso were initially based on the Spanish dollar and other 8 reales coins.

It appears that we have already had a 'world currency'. I hope they are not thinking about bringing this back...

muman613

Styx . I was not very familiar with the Pieces of Eight so I did a wiki search as I sat here. It is very interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_dollar

The Spanish dollar (also known as the piece of eight, the real de a ocho, or the eight real coin) is a silver coin, worth eight reales, that was minted in the Spanish Empire after a Spanish currency reform in 1497. It was legal tender in the United States until an Act of the United States Congress discontinued the practice in 1857. Through widespread use in Europe, the Americas and the Far East, it became the first world currency by the late 18th century. Many existing currencies, such as the Canadian dollar, United States dollar and the Chinese yuan, as well as currencies in Latin America and the Philippine peso were initially based on the Spanish dollar and other 8 reales coins.

It appears that we have already had a 'world currency'. I hope they are not thinking about bringing this back...

muman613

PS: I just realized that this album was published the year I was Bar Mitzvahed! :)

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:51:16 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14