Author Topic: Hunting  (Read 15782 times)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Hunting
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »
Black people have that -feature- , a genetic disposition to putting on weight, and it means they have fat to burn when exercising.. and they have the calories in to fuel their exercise.  They make great athletes partly thanks to that.

Alot of men -wish- they were the fat type. It's fuel for the gym. Fuel that not everybody obtains so easily. For them, being "thin" would be a negative thing. You are looking at being fat type as being a negative thing, listing health problems causing it, and saying some of the sages had the problem. But I wouldn't say it is necessarily a bad thing.   Your implication is that being "thin", is not negative.   You're a guy, I can tell, largely because your name is Shlomo. So you should know of -a- mentality specific to men that like working out, where being fat is fuel for the gym, and being thin is not.

Im so confused by everything you are saying.   When I was younger I was extremely thin...  (6'4" and 175 lb)... and I could workout forever.  I could run 3 miles in UNDER 15 minutes(second fastest time in school history).  I could run the 400 meter in 50 seconds, and easily dunk, with a 36 inch vertical leap.  (I had a higher vert leap when I wasnt doing endurance training).  I could NEVER get fat, no matter what I ate because of my high metabolism.

Now,  19 years later, I'm over 210 lbs, and have a hard time walking up a flight of stairs.  I am an embarrassment in the gym.  I look more like a sitcom Dad than an athlete.  I would love to get back to at least 190.  I aint proud of my fat.... to me its a sign of my own sloth.

At 6'4 175lb you would not have been carrying much muscle.. the muscle mass advantage over others would have been in your long limbs, which is from your 6'4 aspect.

Maybe you were good as a runner.. but not as a weightlifter. (certainly not compared to others your height).
175lb is not very big for 6'4.  You hadn't built that much muscle.
If you had looked to build muscle, you'd have needed more calories.

Now though, you have an excess of calories.. 
Be lazier about eating, and you'll eat less. Eating isn't such an exciting thing.

For your 6'4 175lb self to gain weight or as you said, get fat, would have required alot more work. You figured it was impossible..

Alot of thin people also have trouble getting up the stairs..
I wouldn't get embarrassed over it.
I've had times when a set of stairs have almost killed me.. I've been to a gym and worked out on an exercise bike for 2 minutes.. taken a 5 minute break. come back.. I guess it drew attention to myself.. as it would if I did pullups with somebody on my back. There's always somebody doing something and people look. You don't have to embarrass yourself going red in the face. If you are 6'4 and you walk into a gym, that will attract attention, it doesn't mean people think what you think they do.

I once went to a gym with a rather large friend.. this  black guy  on the weights machine took one look at us and said that I should go and eat at his(my friend's) house for a month!

In this day and age, many -guys- want to build muscle, and with that goal, it's very important to get lots of calories in.  That takes lots of work daily.. The muscle building exercises themselves aren't that time consuming.  If you are large.. And in BMI terms you are actually the right side of healthy plus one point.. you are just touching overweight.  In terms of calory intake that would be an exciting opportunity for many people wanting to build muscle.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2009, 09:34:56 PM »
q_q_ you should  write a book with the title

Be lazier about eating, and you'll eat less. Eating isn't such an exciting thing.

You'd make a million bucks. 

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2009, 10:10:26 PM »
q_q_ you should  write a book with the title

You'd make a million bucks. 

It won't help if aliens are force-feeding people during the night.

I haven't ruled out that possibility.

People are actually going to shops, they make an effort to, they see healthy food and unhealthy food, and they choose unhealthy food, and think about unhealthy food as good. I don't know what's wrong with them..

I think people attach emotions to foods and eat them purely based on how good they taste. If they are so emotional, can't they make the emotional connection that unhealthy food = bad.  It's like smoking.

It's very silly.  If people only bought/stocked healthy foods in their home, and just ate them, they wouldn't want to eat as much!

They'd need to eat more often, but that would be a nuisance too, because  who likes to make food and wash up.... so they'd be lazy about it and eat less.

The only way most people are gaining all this weight must be from pre-packaged unhealthy food. Maybe each has 1000-2000 calories a time, and they eat these things 3 times a day. 

If people just stopped doing that, they'd be thin, women would be happy, and guys would be thin unless they made a tremendous effort to gain weight(which they'd only do for the gym anyway).

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2009, 07:02:18 AM »
Leave the alien part out  :crazy: and you have a best seller.  Maybe you should leave it in, humor is always appreciated.  Just remember to include me in the dedication  ;).
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.