Author Topic: I had an interesting experience last night  (Read 1031 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
I had an interesting experience last night
« on: January 18, 2009, 07:15:19 PM »
I had a friend over.  We were working on some music.  This friend is a secular Gentile, nevertheless, I respect his political opinions.  I played for him a video of Rabbi Kahane, (you know the one, where he was supposed to debate Michael Lerner and Lerner chickened out).  I chose that one because it can be appreciated both on a religious level and a political level.  I was curious to get his opinion on it.

His reaction surprised me a bit, you know because many people tend to think that Rabbi Kahane was some kind of radical.  But my friend asked at the end of it, "Isn't what the Rabbi saying completely obvious?  Why don't the Jews defend themselves like they should?"  I told him that there are many Jews who don't like that message; they think it's immoral.  He asked, "What's so immoral about it?  Jews have a right to defend their homeland like everyone else."  He also said that no other country would tolerate a people that wants to destroy the country, and that he would probably do more to the arabs than just expel them.

See, to a person who hasn't been brainwashed by university Leftism, and has not been indoctrinated to hate Jews, Rabbi Kahane's message makes perfect sense.  Nor has my friend been poisoned by 1900 years of exile.  So he could not understand Jewish guilt, which is really an insane pathology.  If Jews could get over this ghetto mindset, dispose of their guilt, and think rationally, they would accept Rabbi Kahane's message.  Think of what a world this could be!  My Gentile friend gets it, and he's not even a righteous Christian. 

This makes me think that maybe one of the ways to cure Jews of their guilt-ridden Leftism, is to convince Gentiles.  Leftist Jews only care about what the Gentiles think of them anyway.  Maybe if Leftist Jews heard support from the Gentile community, they would begin to listen.  Because these Leftist Jews sure aren't listening to us.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: I had an interesting experience last night
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 07:23:36 PM »
I would offer a slight caution.. sometimes if showing gentiles a rabbi kahane video they'll wonder why you are showing them videos of some rabbi.. they may think you are trying to get them into judaism or something..

I'm glad that didn't happen in this instance.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 07:27:11 PM »
I would offer a slight caution.. sometimes if showing gentiles a rabbi kahane video they'll wonder why you are showing them videos of some rabbi.. they may think you are trying to get them into judaism or something..

I'm glad that didn't happen in this instance.

I actually thought about that.  I wasn't worried about that with this friend though.  But you're right.  In most cases, I would share Jewish content only with my Jewish friends and family.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 07:38:04 PM »
Zachor, I have to respectfully disagree with your last paragraph.  Many of these kookly Jews whose religion is liberalism would not be convinced by gentile supporters of Rabbi Kahane.  Even though these people are not religious, they would somehow consider it a plot by Christians to convert them. 

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »
Some of the Rabbi's positions would be hard for the casual listener who is not versed in Jewish issues to understand and thats why it important to be sure that people you play this sort of thing for understand why the Rabbi took the positions he did. Years ago here in New York  Rabbi Kahane was a big part of the news and talk show circuit. Most people who were old enough to watch the news back then  are familiar with his policies. Most reasonable people understood why Rabbi Kahane took the positions he did.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 09:26:03 PM »
can you post the link please? Thanks so much
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 09:29:04 PM »

can't you find the video with the search box on Google Video ?

try typing in kahane lerner .

liberal "rabbi" lerner did not turn up anyway.

One of the best kahane videos is the speech he gave at brandeis, where students were "challenging" him and he answered them completely.. to the point where they either went completely silent, or they couldn't help themselves but nod in agreement. They were such anti-zionists.. and many anti-semites. They started off  very rowdy, but soon they quietened down , rabbi kahane dealt with them very well

I'm suprised you haven't searched for kahane videos !

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 09:40:30 PM »

can't you find the video with the search box on Google Video ?

try typing in kahane lerner .

liberal "rabbi" lerner did not turn up anyway.

One of the best kahane videos is the speech he gave at brandeis, where students were "challenging" him and he answered them completely.. to the point where they either went completely silent, or they couldn't help themselves but nod in agreement. They were such anti-zionists.. and many anti-semites. They started off  very rowdy, but soon they quietened down , rabbi kahane dealt with them very well

I'm suprised you haven't searched for kahane videos !

Got it , thanks...was haveing a brain freeze moment here.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 09:44:49 PM »
I don't know if you will find the debate in this post in the link below however there are hours of great speeches and debate by the Rav in the link below.
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Meir%20Kahane%22
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 10:33:13 PM »
I don't know if you will find the debate in this post in the link below however there are hours of great speeches and debate by the Rav in the link below.
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Meir%20Kahane%22

I hope it wasn't you that put up some of that, it's a complete mess

the audio is available here
http://www.archive.org/details/kahane_audio_archive_from_hostultra_site
but that's just a backup of this
http://www.toojewish.com/kahane/

what i'm referring to is VIDEO
for example, on google video here
http://video.google.com/

one can type in kahane. 

there is one advanced video there to jewish kids under kahana. (the camp sdei chemed one)