Author Topic: please can somebody explain me?  (Read 1086 times)

Offline proud montenegrian serb

• Junior JTFer
  • nitje krava rodila vuka,ni hrvatica rodila hajduka
please can somebody explain me?
« on: January 28, 2009, 04:12:35 PM »
i heard for a therm zionist,and i really don't know much about that.
can u please me explain me?
and thanks!!! :)

beautifull gulf of Boka Kotorska,where mountains meet the sea

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
Re: please can somebody explain me?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 04:22:18 PM »
Zionist is the one who advocates that the Jews should live in Israel.

Zion is the name of the mountain in the heart of Jerusalem.

Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 04:23:31 PM »
A simple answer is:

A Zionist is a Jew who believes that the land of Israel was given to his/her forefathers and wants to return to the land to rebuild the Holy Temple and begin the redemption of the Jewish nation.

Im sure there may be other variations on this definition as I made it up from my understanding. This is more a religious definition. There are secular Zionists too.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 04:25:21 PM »

Hi montenegrian serb, welcome to the forum.

A zionist is someone that believes that the homeland for the Jewish people is Israel, that it should be established and endure as a Jewish state.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 05:04:32 PM »
Zionism is a term given that Jews should have a homeland in the State of Israel...

Just as Chiristians have many homelands and Muslims have many homelands and Hindus have a homeland...Jews, they get a homeland to a nation in a location Gd gave them according to the Torah.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 05:11:19 PM »
A Zionist is any person, of any religious background, who supports the concept of a Jewish nation existing.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 05:20:06 PM »
Zionism means Jewish nationalism in our ancient homeland.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 05:20:55 PM »
A Zionist is any person, of any religious background, who supports the concept of a Jewish nation existing.

No. There are so-called Anti-Zionist Jews who also support the concept of a Jewish nation existing.

However, they say that under current circumstances it is bad for Jews to live in the Land of Israel.
(Most of them say so because they live in the rich and secure Western countries and don't want to leave)

Zionism is about Jewish right and obligation to live in Israel.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 05:25:18 PM »

No. There are so-called Anti-Zionist Jews who also support the concept of a Jewish nation existing.

However, they say that under current circumstances it is bad for Jews to live in the Land of Israel.
(Most of them say so because they live in the rich and secure Western countries and don't want to leave)

Zionism is about Jewish right and obligation to live in Israel.

No, Anti-Zionists Jews support the idea of Jewish communities existing, NOT a Jewish NATION existing.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 05:30:21 PM »

Zionism is about Jewish right and obligation to live in the Land of Israel.

No, Anti-Zionists Jews support the idea of Jewish communities existing, NOT a Jewish NATION existing.

If you imply "State" when you say "Nation", you and C.F are right.
I thought the word "Nation" implies "People".
It is a matter of terms.

The point is that Zionists say that the Jews should live and have a state in the Land of Israel.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:36:22 PM by Spectator »

Offline proud montenegrian serb

• Junior JTFer
  • nitje krava rodila vuka,ni hrvatica rodila hajduka
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 06:08:20 PM »
ok.i understand now,i know about mountain Zion,and now i now therm zionist,thank u guys for such fast and nice replies!

beautifull gulf of Boka Kotorska,where mountains meet the sea

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 06:47:53 PM »

Zionism is about Jewish right and obligation to live in the Land of Israel.

If you imply "State" when you say "Nation", you and C.F are right.
I thought the word "Nation" implies "People".
It is a matter of terms.

Torah Jews with an authentic hashkafa DO believe in the Jewish people as an actual nation.   "Antizionists" simply do not.   And this is an inherent contradiction in the haredi hashkafa because it is clear to anyone with a functioning brain that Torah and Tenach are rife with Jewish nationalism.   You say they don't support a state existing, but they do support a nation.   This is simply not true.  It is not within their hashkafa, which is based primarily on the galuth reality.   They don't support the concept of a nation either, except in a metaphysical sense of the term.