Author Topic: Your ethnic background  (Read 12499 times)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: Your ethnic background
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2009, 10:33:07 AM »
I'm Chinese and happy to see that there's atleast one other Asian guy here.

I like Asian people, especially Japanese people. They have the BEST food. I love Chinese food too.

I'm also guilty of eating more Japanese food than Chinese.
But it doesn't stop there, Italian fatens me up too.

Angry, I eat whenever I can.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »
My origin is mostly Jewish-Hungarian, Cuman (It was a Turkic tribe in the medieval age), Székely (Transylvanian Hungarian) and Jewish-German.
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Moshe92

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2009, 11:34:34 AM »
My parent's born in Germany. My grandpa and my grandma came from Silesia. So may I am half polish/czech? My name as you can see is not really German. It sounds chinese. May I have a chinese in my family tree.

Weigang sounds like it could be a German name. There are many German or Jewish last names that start with "Wei" such as "Weinstein," "Weingarten," or "Weinberg."

Offline RON_PATEL

• Junior JTFer
  • Shalom! Long Live Israel!
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2009, 11:53:07 AM »
My grandfather was Baghdadi Jew....in the early 20th century he fled iraq with a dozen other Iraqi Jews for persia (Iran) and later settled in the port city of Bombay in India. He met my grandma there who was Hindu indian and married her. My mother's family is Zoroastrian Persian and fled Iran more than three centuries ago. In secular India tolerant for its religious diversity I confirm to all three faiths....Hindu, Jewish and Zoroastrian. It may seem scandalous in any other part of the world but this is Bombay and well known for its extreme tolerance of diversity (Muslims excepted) The Jews, Zoroastrians and Hindus have prospered over the years and continue to flourish in India. Many Arab Jews families left India for Israel in 1948 but we have stuck around and continue to adapt to the changing tides. I will eventually settle down in capitalist Hong Kong or Singapore but it would be for business reasons, not because I have anything against the city I call home.

Shalom!
RON
Kahane said 'The reality of the situation is clear. The Jews and Arabs of the Land of Israel ultimately cannot coexist in a Jewish-Zionist state. A Time bomb in the Holy Land ticks away relentlessly'.

We must remove the cancer before it spreads and kills us!!!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2009, 11:54:34 AM »
Dont know, cause Hindus do not have concept of race. Colonials want us to believe that we are Indo-Aryans or Indo-Iranian, which we do not want to accept.

Why dont you want to accept this?  I wasnt even aware that there was any sort of controversy?

By the way... I'm sure you know the prominent role that skin color has played in your country's pre-colonial past?  And the history of the Aryan's attempt to keep their racial stock separate from the Dravidian's?  Ive heard that the roots of the Hindu 'caste' system actually came from a system of color.  (White being the Highest and Black being the lowest).  Which is partially why 'caste' is sanskrit for color.

Brian

since i dont like talking about my religion on a forum which is for the jewish cause. I kindly request you to go through this article by a prominent Indologist.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/8489758/Aryan-Invasion-Dr-Koenraad-Elst

I will steer clear of speaking of Hinduism here, because I dont want to offend your faith.

And I will honestly say that I wasn't aware that some Indian Nationalists have the stance that Dr. Elst has and I now understand that this is SUPER controversial in India.

Here is my stance on this. Please understand that EVERY country has people who are genetically and culturally from another area.  This can be for dozens of reasons, not just conquering, and this DOESNT make the host country bad, or impure, or evil, its just part of their history.  

Everywhere you see genetic variation within a geographic area that has no barriers, its either because people migrated their, people conquered it, or people were part of some exodus from another area.  I think its great that one country has every color from the darkest Dravidian to the lightest skinned fair-eyed Indo-Aryan.  Assuming they all love India, and its culture, genetics from different areas should not be frowned upon.  

Do a majority of Indian Nationalist believe in the 'out of India' theory? or is it just a small portion?

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2009, 12:09:24 PM »
Like the Allman Brothers once wrote:

"My father was a gambler down in Georgia,
And he wound up on the wrong end of a gun.
So I was born in the back seat of a Greyhound bus,
Rollin' down Highway Forty-One."

In truth, a native midwesterner of Slovenian ancestry.  If you're not familiar with Slovenia, it was the northwestern-most province of the former Jugoslavia, sandwiched between northern Italy, Austria, Croatia, and Hungary.  It's a fascinating cultural mix of Roman, Bavarian, and Eastern European.  For instance, a meal might consist of a spaghetti dinner, and drinks might be beer before dinner, wine with dinner, and slivovitz (a plum brandy not far from vodka) after dinner.

Like many nations in that part of the world, alcoholism is not exactly rare.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2009, 12:22:48 PM »
i respect you views briann :)

Do a majority of Indian Nationalist believe in the 'out of India' theory? or is it just a small portion?

i would say 40% Indians dont believe in the "Out of India" theory, 30% would not even know about any theories. rest are atheists/muslims/chrisitans..

• Master JTFer
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2009, 12:25:14 PM »
My grandfather was Baghdadi Jew....in the early 20th century he fled iraq with a dozen other Iraqi Jews for persia (Iran) and later settled in the port city of Bombay in India. He met my grandma there who was Hindu indian and married her. My mother's family is Zoroastrian Persian and fled Iran more than three centuries ago. In secular India tolerant for its religious diversity I confirm to all three faiths....Hindu, Jewish and Zoroastrian. It may seem scandalous in any other part of the world but this is Bombay and well known for its extreme tolerance of diversity (Muslims excepted) The Jews, Zoroastrians and Hindus have prospered over the years and continue to flourish in India. Many Arab Jews families left India for Israel in 1948 but we have stuck around and continue to adapt to the changing tides. I will eventually settle down in capitalist Hong Kong or Singapore but it would be for business reasons, not because I have anything against the city I call home.

Shalom!
RON
nice to hear about his.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2009, 12:47:17 PM »

i would say 40% Indians dont believe in the "Out of India" theory, 30% would not even know about any theories. rest are atheists/muslims/chrisitans..

So a majority of Hindus (who have an opinion on the origins of the Indians) believe that the Northern Indians are genetically native to that part?  (Sorry, I was confused by the answer)

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2009, 01:00:12 PM »
The parents of my dad and the parents of my mom are from silesia.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2009, 01:06:53 PM »

So a majority of Hindus (who have an opinion on the origins of the Indians) believe that the Northern Indians are genetically native to that part?  (Sorry, I was confused by the answer)

Northern Indian consider they have ancestory from Punjab/Sindh which were once all part of Ancient India. hence they do naturally believe they are ethnically connected to the Hindu religion irrespective of their color/race..

It is very complex to understand genetics in India because
1)India had one of the world anicent civilizations
2)People of various race/ethnicity came to India for trade/conquering .. have lived and married and adapeted into the Hindu fold...

Let me give you an example.

there are Hindus in India and Nepal who have Chinese/Mongol ancestory but yet they would not be able to tell about their root race/ethnicity.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2009, 01:15:29 PM »
Ethnic background can be a very controversial and touchy subject on these sacred Jewish forums, as my following findings may indicate.

CAUTION: THIS IS NOT JEWISH AND MAY BE POSSIBLY READ ONLY FROM RESEARCH POINT OF VIEW.

http://rajesh403.blogspot.com/

Please delete or lock it, if found so.

So we should discuss something else. :israel:
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2009, 01:44:22 PM »

I like Asian people, especially Japanese people. They have the BEST food. I love Chinese food too.

As far as Asian food... my favorites are Indian, Thai, Japanese, and Sechwan Chinese.  The spicier the better.  My wife always tells me I shoulda married an Indian Lady.   :::D

Spicy food is awsome, I used to eat habenero peppers as a kid, I also make my own salsa.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2009, 01:51:27 PM »

Northern Indian consider they have ancestory from Punjab/Sindh which were once all part of Ancient India. hence they do naturally believe they are ethnically connected to the Hindu religion irrespective of their color/race..

It is very complex to understand genetics in India because
1)India had one of the world anicent civilizations
2)People of various race/ethnicity came to India for trade/conquering .. have lived and married and adapeted into the Hindu fold...

Let me give you an example.

there are Hindus in India and Nepal who have Chinese/Mongol ancestory but yet they would not be able to tell about their root race/ethnicity.

Yes, you are right. India is racially very diverse, and has been pivotal in contributing to ancient civilizations.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2009, 01:53:44 PM »

As far as Asian food... my favorites are Indian, Thai, Japanese, and Sechwan Chinese.  The spicier the better.  My wife always tells me I shoulda married an Indian Lady.   :::D

Spicy food is awsome, I used to eat habenero peppers as a kid, I also make my own salsa.

I used to go to this place every day.
http://www.chichenitzarestaurant.com/

Its specialty was Yucatan Mexican food, which utilizes the Habanero pepper quite a bit.  I used to love that place.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2009, 01:55:40 PM »
I have my Mothers olive complexion when i get a tan or sun exposure
Not good for your skin; shame, shame. :(

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2009, 01:57:15 PM »
Ethnic background can be a very controversial and touchy subject on these sacred Jewish forums, as my following findings may indicate.

CAUTION: THIS IS NOT JEWISH AND MAY BE POSSIBLY READ ONLY FROM RESEARCH POINT OF VIEW.

http://rajesh403.blogspot.com/

Please delete or lock it, if found so.

So we should discuss something else. :israel:

Uh Oh

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2009, 01:57:27 PM »
I hope that this is a joke. Fidelity is a very important quality, one of the reasons the Ten Commandments assigns the death penalty for Adultery. I will never call myself an Infidel because I constantly know that Hashem is my G-d and he is with me. As far as from an Islamic perspective I guess I am an Infidel, but that term is not exclusively Islamic. Judaism places very much emphasis on being true to G-d and not worshiping others.
He meant infidel in the Islamic sense (meaning someone who does not accept Mohammed as prophet).

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2009, 02:01:29 PM »
I am Hispanic.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2009, 02:09:27 PM »
i think we should have a poll based on this and add it on JTF homepage, so that people who have misconceptions about JTF being racist will get to know the truth.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »
i think we should have a poll based on this and add it on JTF homepage, so that people who have misconceptions about JTF being racist will get to know the truth.

If we give validity to their arguments, it can only harm us. They'll just say we're all "racist" against Islam.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2009, 02:15:09 PM »

If we give validity to their arguments, it can only harm us. They'll just say we're all "racist" against Islam.
if they see people of different races are supporting JTF, how can they say we are racist?

Offline A True Conservative

• Junior JTFer
  • No Arabs No Terror
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2009, 03:01:47 PM »

Huh?
Then, who's that guy in your signature?

It's Duncan Hunter, who I voted for.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2009, 03:05:48 PM »

if they see people of different races are supporting JTF, how can they say we are racist?

They don't see MUSLIMS on our forum, therefore they'll just say we all racist against MUSLIMS.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2009, 03:16:28 PM »

Huh?
Then, who's that guy in your signature?

It's Duncan Hunter, who I voted for.

Duncan is a good man.