Author Topic: Actress Natasha Richardson dead at 45.  (Read 3684 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Actress Natasha Richardson dead at 45.
« on: March 18, 2009, 08:15:39 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509734,00.html

She was the wife of Liam Nieson.

Tony-award winning actress Natasha Richardson died Wednesday at the age of 45 in a New York City hospital.

Alan Nierob, publicist for Richardson's husband Liam Neeson, confirmed her death Tuesday night in a written statement.

"Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time," the statement said.

The actress had been transported back to New York City from Canada, where she suffered a head injury after falling on a beginners ski slope.

Sources close to Richardson told FOXNews.com on Tuesday that the actress was brain dead. Members of her family, including her mother, actress Vanessa Redgrave, her sister, actress Joely Richardson, and her two young sons were seen at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, where she was taken.

FOX411: Natasha Richardson was "one of the good guys."

RELATED: Richardson may have suffered from "talk and die syndrome."

Richardson's husband, actor Liam Neeson, accompanied her from Montreal, where, according to one report, Richardson was seen wrapped in blankets, "in an intensive-care bed, tubes covering her face," as she was put into an ambulance shortly after noon on Tuesday.

Neeson left the set of the movie "Chloe" in Toronto to be by his wife's side.

"Liam Neeson left the Toronto set immediately to fly to Montreal upon news of his wife’s accident," said a rep for the film.

RELATED: Could a helmet have saved Richardson?

RELATED: When do you turn off life support?

Richardson's condition deteriorated following a skiing accident on Monday on a beginner's trail at the Mont Tremblant ski resort in Quebec, Canada.

Mont Tremblant said in a statement that Richardson fell during a ski lesson and later reported not feeling well. She was not wearing a helmet, nor was one required, they said.

"She did not show any visible sign of injury, but the ski patrol followed strict procedures and brought her back to the bottom of the slope and insisted she should see a doctor," said the statement.

PHOTOS: Click for photos of Natasha Richardson.

Mont Tremblant spokeswoman Catherine Lacasse said Richardson said she was fine at first.

"An hour later she said she didn't feel well. She had a headache, so we sent her to the hospital," Lacasse said. "There were no signs of impact and no blood, nothing."

Richardson is the daughter of actress Vanessa Redgrave and the late director Tony Richardson. She married Neeson in 1994 after they both appeared in the film "Nell."

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Actress Natasha Richardson dead at 45.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:30:54 PM »
What a terrible tragedy.  I feel sorry for her family, especially her children.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »
Losing a wife, mother, sister, and daughter is difficult for any family to go through whatever their race, religion, politics, and beliefs.

I hope that her family can find peace.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 08:46:27 PM »
Protect your head... It is the container for your brain... This is one reason I would never Ski... I just talked to my mother and she brought up this issue and remembers that my aunt almost died while skiing, she broke her leg in 17 places.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 09:05:29 PM »
Richardson is the daughter of the Nazi whore, Vanessa Redgrave (yimach schma vezichra, may she get ovarian cancer very soon). But I don't know about her own views.

I agree with Muman about skiing being very dangerous. The ski basically immobilizes your legs and forces you to fall at very stiff and unnatural angles.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 09:10:50 PM »
Richardson is the daughter of the Nazi whore, Vanessa Redgrave (yimach schma vezichra, may she get ovarian cancer very soon). But I don't know about her own views.

I agree with Muman about skiing being very dangerous. The ski basically immobilizes your legs and forces you to fall at very stiff and unnatural angles.

Serious Snowing/SKiing accidents always involve trees/rocks.  Stay away from those two things... and you'll be fine.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 09:43:12 PM »
If you're the daughter of Vanessa Redgrave, wouldn't you, too, be for the so-called Palestinians and against the State of Israel?   I'm just sayin'.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 09:49:54 PM »
I couldn't find anything on Natasha Richardson, in David Horowitz's great site Discover The Network.  This is a site that has info on all the major leftist individuals and leftist groups. 

Offline Nadav

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 09:57:04 PM »
Call me crazy but I never heard of her. Rest in peace though. To lose your life on a vacation, what a terrible tragedy.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 10:23:36 PM »
Richardson is the daughter of the Nazi whore, Vanessa Redgrave (yimach schma vezichra, may she get ovarian cancer very soon).

For this reason I do not think we should have anything resembling a  Natasha Richardson commemoration thread on this forum.

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 11:49:23 PM »
Don't know much about her, but here husband was great in Taken.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 11:57:54 PM »
Richardson is the daughter of the Nazi whore, Vanessa Redgrave (yimach schma vezichra, may she get ovarian cancer very soon).

For this reason I do not think we should have anything resembling a  Natasha Richardson commemoration thread on this forum.

If she is the daughter of that fakestinian supporting whore then I am happy she croaked. The last thing we need to be doing here is taking the chance of eulogizing some arab muzzie supporting drek.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 12:05:11 AM »

If she is the daughter of that fakestinian supporting whore then I am happy she croaked. The last thing we need to be doing here is taking the chance of eulogizing some arab muzzie supporting drek.

DWI, I take the completely opposite stance... I would rather error on the side of eulogizing a muzzie scum than accidentally cursing a righteous person. It is said that the punishment in gehinnom is great for one who curses a righteous person.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 12:10:46 AM »
I'm going to agree with Muman on this one.  So far, I haven't read anything bad about Richardson.  Her mother, of course is a different story. 

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »
That was a major tragedy. May she rest in peace!

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 12:37:37 AM »
We know her mother is drek. It was up to her to prove that she did not support the Islamic drive to exterminate every jew which she never did.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 12:39:04 AM »
DownwithIslam, you know how I normally feel about celebs, but I will in this case hold off on cursing her ONLY because we don't know for sure where she stood.

On the other hand, considering her mother's well-known Nazism, I will also hold off on mourning her.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 02:39:07 AM »
The following doesn't mention Natasha Richardson's position on Israel.    But she was less than thrilled with the amount of time her evil mother spent away from their family: 

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/movie-guide/life+shadows+extraordinary+family/1402398/story.html

Part of what it brought up, she said, were memories of her teenage years, when Redgrave was as famous as a political activist as an actress, forever off marching to support Fidel Castro or the Palestinian cause.

"I sort of remember the feeling as a child of wanting her back," Richardson recalled. "It was a time in her life when she was very politically active and it took her away from her family. I think we felt somewhat abandoned." The line she used in real life — "I want you back" — was eventually added to the screenplay of Evening, lending the movie a resonance that echoes even today.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 02:51:05 AM »
Natasha Richardson's aunt,  actress Lynn Redgrave,   apparently isn't like the hideous Vanessa Redgrave:

http://www.amiannoying.com/(S(cegxdx55fpoen5fqjblc0dns))/view.aspx?id=3325&collection=735

She came out against Vanessa Redgrave, for supporting Palestinians and referring to some people as 'Zionist Hoodlums.'
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 04:21:01 AM »
Protect your head... It is the container for your brain...

That's what I think too.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 04:23:21 AM »
Wasn't Liam Nieson recently in a movie playing a man whose wife has just died? Life imitates art.

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 06:02:36 AM »

Whatever happened to the idea of "Put up or Shut up"? Children in educated families do not necessarily share the politics of their parents.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 06:04:46 AM »
This is indeed a tragedy.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 08:20:31 AM »
She or husband Liam Neeson never talked bad about ISRAEL as a matter of fact i heard Liam Neeson speak well of Israel
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ChaimBenMordechai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 03:42:32 PM »

I shed no tears for her. As G-d struck down the firstborn of the Egyptians, G-d struck down the firstborn of that kurveh Vanessa Redgrave.