Author Topic: OH DEAR GOD I NEED PRAYERS, I CAN NOT GET IN TOUCH WITH MY KIN ALL POWER DOWN  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Daniele.from.Italy

• Junior JTFer
I have a relative in Italy but he is in North, thank G-D. This is a terrible tragedy. I have read that a scientist went through the town in a loudspeaker warning people to leave this area a few weeks earlier but was scared off by the mayor. This mayor needs to be jailed.

Yes apparently he had been studying the area since September and went on the loud speaker a month ago. I don't know what that mayor was thinking.. the only logical explanation is possibly because of the geography.. Italy is in the middle of two major tectonic plates, so it may be that there are earthquake scares often. The mayor must be investigated about this.

My prayers are with your family MW..
There is a big debate about this here, when something like this happens people alwayls want to believe that it could have been avoided in someway. If I got it correctly the researcher observed an unnatural Radon presence in the zone and he figured out that a quake was imminent, but while the presence of Radon maybe related to quakes it doesn't actually mean that the event is imminent: it may takes weeks, months or even years for the quake to take place and it may even not take place at all...
I mean even the Japaneses, which are the highest experts in sismology say that you can't predict when a quake strikes... The only thing people can do is build "quake-proof" buildings and we have laws in Italy that prescribe the building of NEW houses and buildings with those standards, but the problem is that people in small towns and particularly in those areas live mostly in old fashion buildings which aren't quake-proof, it takes a lot of money to upgrade them to those standards and most of people can't or won't...

So now here we are: 251 dead, 11 people are still missing, a 1000 injuried (most of them are not seriosly in danger) and a huge amount of damage to people houses, around 25.000 people are homeless... (At least we had efficent rescues G-d bless them)
I'm praying for all of them.
I hope this time they will properly use money to rebuild people houses as fast as churches and historical monuments which are also damaged, unlike they did with the previous quake in Umbria where they were able to rebuild the old Assisi's basilica (which was completely destroyed) within just few years while lots of families in that same area are still living in containers waiting for theyr home to be fixed...

P.s We felt the quake here in northern Italy too on the same day, but it was a different one, with a different epicenter here in northern Italy
P.s II The reason the quake in Abruzzo caused so much damaged was because the epicenter was relatively quite near to the surface

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
I have a relative in Italy but he is in North, thank G-D. This is a terrible tragedy. I have read that a scientist went through the town in a loudspeaker warning people to leave this area a few weeks earlier but was scared off by the mayor. This mayor needs to be jailed.

Yes apparently he had been studying the area since September and went on the loud speaker a month ago. I don't know what that mayor was thinking.. the only logical explanation is possibly because of the geography.. Italy is in the middle of two major tectonic plates, so it may be that there are earthquake scares often. The mayor must be investigated about this.

My prayers are with your family MW..
There is a big debate about this here, when something like this happens people alwayls want to believe that it could have been avoided in someway. If I got it correctly the researcher observed an unnatural Radon presence in the zone and he figured out that a quake was imminent, but while the presence of Radon maybe related to quakes it doesn't actually mean that the event is imminent: it may takes weeks, months or even years for the quake to take place and it may even not take place at all...
I mean even the Japaneses, which are the highest experts in sismology say that you can't predict when a quake strikes... The only thing people can do is build "quake-proof" buildings and we have laws in Italy that prescribe the building of NEW houses and buildings with those standards, but the problem is that people in small towns and particularly in those areas live mostly in old fashion buildings which aren't quake-proof, it takes a lot of money to upgrade them to those standards and most of people can't or won't...

So now here we are: 251 dead, 11 people are still missing, a 1000 injuried (most of them are not seriosly in danger) and a huge amount of damage to people houses, around 25.000 people are homeless... (At least we had efficent rescues G-d bless them)
I'm praying for all of them.
I hope this time they will properly use money to rebuild people houses as fast as churches and historical monuments which are also damaged, unlike they did with the previous quake in Umbria where they were able to rebuild the old Assisi's basilica (which was completely destroyed) within just few years while lots of families in that same area are still living in containers waiting for theyr home to be fixed...

P.s We felt the quake here in northern Italy too on the same day, but it was a different one, with a different epicenter here in northern Italy
P.s II The reason the quake in Abruzzo caused so much damaged was because the epicenter was relatively quite near to the surface

Daniele, I agree with you completely.
aka Someone Else

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
  You and your family are in my prayers!
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
My prayers are with you and everyone who has suffered through this.  My grandfather and uncle were killed in an earthquake.  It's a truly terrible thing to go through.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
I pray for all loved ones over there are safe. Please keep us posted, what an awful time!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Hey everyone, thank you so much for your prayers, everyone is fine but there is structure damage.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
No one is out of the woods yet though. There is still the case of after shocks. But they are fine for now minor injuries with a few
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
No one is out of the woods yet though. There is still the case of after shocks. But they are fine for now minor injuries with a few
Hey everyone, thank you so much for your prayers, everyone is fine but there is structure damage.

MasterWolf,

I am happy to read some good news about your family.
I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers........

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Thanx Hashem, they are saved.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
I am praying for your family.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
  Thank G_d they are alive and fine!
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Thank God! I'm glad to hear the news MW and I'm glad for your sake as well as your family's sake.