Author Topic: This is a true story  (Read 5334 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: This is a true story
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 09:01:11 PM »
Jim Crow laws were laws used by the south to deny Blacks the ability to vote. They had to prove that they had certain knowledge that they were not taught. This was used to keep the Blacks away from the voting booth...

Rightfully so. Look what a bunch of illiterates voting did last Presidential election.

It was just a literacy test. Sadly I think even whites couldn't pass a lot of that test now because the education system has been so dimmed down to accomodate the blacks with an average IQ of 85.

You know the old saying that you can't polish a turd, well the HALF of blacks with IQs under 85 (which used to be the cutoff point for mental retardation, it was lowered to 70 for PC reasons) will never, ever, be able to be educated properly. You can give them good grades but that doesn't mean they learned anything.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 09:31:51 PM »
While 'separate but equal' may seem awful to some... I personally think affirmative action is far more evil.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »
While 'separate but equal' may seem awful to some... I personally think affirmative action is far more evil.

Equal is never going to happen. NEVER. It's impossible. Separation protects white people from their crime and their dragging down of academic standards.

Moshe92

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 09:36:17 PM »
The literacy tests during the Jim Crow era were definitely unfair since illiterate whites could vote and some literate blacks were not allowed to vote. I think everybody should be given a fair chance which is not the case today with affirmative action.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »
The literacy tests during the Jim Crow era were definitely unfair since illiterate whites could vote and some literate blacks were not allowed to vote. I think everybody should be given a fair chance which is not the case today with affirmative action.

They didn't have the best interest of the country in mind. They were only seeking more welfare.

They were better off under segregation in many ways. They lived in families more often (with a present father), for example.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 09:57:18 PM »
Unless you have some old documentation where you applied for something and classified yourself as part black in the past I think you are fighting a loosing battle. Most companies reserve the right maintain a probation period where they can remove an employee that they feel is not working out no questions asked. Many companies can remove a employee even after years go by if they find that person made a false statement on the original job application. The sad fact is that jobs no longer go to the most qualified. Jobs today are given out according to job quotas that may give employers a tax break or other preferential treatment by the state or federal government. I honestly could not classify myself as black on a job application even if it would get me the job. Self respect would just not allow me to check that little box.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Moshe92

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 09:58:09 PM »

They didn't have the best interest of the country in mind. They were only seeking more welfare.

They were better off under segregation in many ways. They lived in families more often (with a present father), for example.

Blacks for the most part are not so well off now, but I don't think their situation was any better before segregation. We should oppose black culture, excessive welfare, and affirmative action, but I think that endorsing segregation hurts our credibility.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 10:18:02 PM »

Blacks for the most part are not so well off now, but I don't think their situation was any better before segregation. We should oppose black culture, excessive welfare, and affirmative action, but I think that endorsing segregation hurts our credibility.
Things were much better when we had neighborhoods where people lived with other like minded folks. The differences between white and black culture are just to vast for it to ever be a comfortable situation. I have lived in both situations and its sad to see how bad things have degenerated even in the best neighborhoods with all the equal housing laws on the books today.

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 12:19:26 AM »
I spoke with a lawyer today. He said it will be lengthy and costly to pursue this and I will most likely lose. He said there is a limit to how severe the AA can be for example, they can't reject every White applicant.

This is a study of Affirmative Action practiced at elite universities http://opr.princeton.edu/faculty/tje/espenshadessqptii.pdf. Page 293-294 states:

African-American applicants receive the equivalent of 230 extra SAT points (on a 1600-point scale), and being Hispanic is worth an additional 185 SAT points. Other things equal, recruited athletes gain an admission bonus worth 200 points, while the preference for legacy candidates is worth 160 points. Asian-American applicants face a loss equivalent to 50 SAT points.

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 12:24:06 AM »
But, WHY do you have the name "Jim Crow?"  Just out of curiosity.

I agree with JTF's idea of deporting Blacks but the next best thing to that were the Jim Crow laws, which segregated non-Whites. The elimination of those laws was a turning point in America.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 12:35:40 AM »
In some sort of orientation before medical school I read of a summer program that prepared you for the transition from undergraduate to graduate school and prepared you for the coming courses. (BTW it was also FREE!) I stated an interest in this program and was told I could not participate because it was only for minorities.
I had a black friend in medical school that was ranting one day saying "they must think I am stupid, I don't need to cheat.....". I asked him what he was talking about, he said a few black instructors were at the black fraternity (forget what it was called) meeting giving the students current exams and other information about courses. The exams and special study materials were not only for their courses (the black instructors) but for many other courses as well. He and another black guy were very offended and did not take the info and quit the fraternity. Both stated that it was this sort of people (both the instructors and the students that participated) that made non minorities wonder if blacks actually earned their degree or position or if they were simply given it. This occurred at a state university in the southeast, I graduated in 2000 so I can just imagine what it is like now.

RE: Legal action, I agree with previous posts that being a white male you are considered the enemy and will always be the loser in race related cases. However, I think it also depends greatly on what state you are in. In Georgia you may have a chance, in Massachusetts I would say absolutely not.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 01:28:22 AM »
On a slightly off-hand note let me add something...

We whites are treated differently by the court system. I am not defending the african american, but I am saying that there is a double standard in the court system which may be a form of racism. I noticed this in the 90s and I don't know if it is still this way.

Because I am a rich white kid I was given a diversion program while a black charged with a similar offense received jail time. I also 'got-away' with a drug crime and because I got a good lawyer and pulled some strings I was able to defeat the charge. I thank Hashem for the mercy which the court showed me, but I also noticed that justice is sometimes not as fair as it is supposed to be. Sometimes the guilty walk free, and the innocent do time.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 01:50:02 AM »

We whites are treated differently by the court system. I am not defending the african american, but I am saying that there is a double standard in the court system which may be a form of racism. I noticed this in the 90s and I don't know if it is still this way.

Because I am a rich white kid I was given a diversion program while a black charged with a similar offense received jail time. I also 'got-away' with a drug crime and because I got a good lawyer and pulled some strings I was able to defeat the charge. I thank Hashem for the mercy which the court showed me, but I also noticed that justice is sometimes not as fair as it is supposed to be. Sometimes the guilty walk free, and the innocent do time.

What? That sounds like a liberal statement. Blacks are given easier sentences than Whites for the same crime. That's a fact. What drug crime did you commit muman?

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 02:05:15 AM »

In my country it is exactly the opposite.

Muman, it could be, that the judge knew in your case, that you had none dangerous animus, but the black boy did. Perhaps he had done wrong before.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 03:47:17 AM »

You were more salvageable. The diversion program was much more likely to work for you than someone with absolutely no guilt for any bad actions and an "I didn't do nuffin" attitude.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 03:50:46 AM »

I agree with JTF's idea of deporting Blacks but the next best thing to that were the Jim Crow laws, which segregated non-Whites. The elimination of those laws was a turning point in America.

Yes segregation was right and necessary. Now it's open season on whites and white culture.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 07:26:56 AM »
Blacks are now given jobs over qualified caucasions.   It is the Era of Naziism and lawslessness, and total evil.   Everything that used to be normal is in chaos.  I hope everyone has their weapons handy if needed.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 09:56:06 AM »
I have been forthright all along about my past. I returned to religion about six years ago because of several problems which came up in my life. But back in the 80s I was in a lot of trouble... I got involved in crack cocaine and other drugs... Now it seems like ancient history.

I have had a lot of good luck with the legal system here in CA and again I thank Hashem for the mercy which I have witnessed.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 10:03:09 AM »
I was planning on applying for a job twice in a time difference of two months. The first time I used a fake name, fake address, fake phone number, entered my real qualifications, and enter my race as White. The second time I used my real name, entered the same qualifications, and entered my race as Black. I was rejected as a White applicant but accepted as a Black applicant. They gave me the interview and I got the job. Then a few weeks later the HR manager said I wasn't Black (I don't look Black at all). I responded and said I'm half Black and that I consider myself Black because race is a social construct, as the liberals say it is. They fired me and I want to sue them on the grounds that race is a social construct and that if I can identify myself as Black on the census I should be able to do so in the job market. Of course I'm not half Black and don't consider myself Black. I'll be talking to a lawyer but to those who know the law, can I win?
NO- the next job; You pretend that you cant hear or see, you'll get the job- you will be hired as a brain surgeon.

I am Iroquois, Portugee/Crytpo Marrano Jew-Mom/gentile-Dad and Scot.  They told me they had 'enough' white people? go FIGURE.  I couldnt care LESS who likes me OR who wants to 'hire me' anymore.

Screw the lawyers, you aren't black, OR ILLEGAL. You will get NO help, American, NOT in THIS country.

Jim Crow laws were laws used by the south to deny Blacks the ability to vote. They had to prove that they had certain knowledge that they were not taught. This was used to keep the Blacks away from the voting booth...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws
The Jim Crow laws were state and local laws in the United States enacted between 1876 and 1965. They mandated de jure segregation in all public facilities, with a "separate but equal" status for black Americans and members of other non-white racial groups.

Some examples of Jim Crow laws are the segregation of public schools, public places and public transportation, and the segregation of restrooms and restaurants for whites and blacks. The U.S. military was also segregated. These Jim Crow Laws were separate from the 1800-66 Black Codes, which had also restricted the civil rights and civil liberties of African Americans. State-sponsored school segregation was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of the United States in 1954 in Brown v. Board of Education. Generally, the remaining Jim Crow laws were overruled by the Civil Rights Act of 1964[1] and the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

Blacks were still elected to local offices in the 1880s, but the establishment Democrats were passing laws to make voter registration and elections more restrictive, with the result that participation by most blacks and many poor whites began to decrease. Starting with Mississippi in 1890, through 1910 the former Confederate states passed new constitutions or amendments that effectively disfranchised most blacks and tens of thousands of poor whites through a combination of poll taxes, literacy and comprehension tests, and residency and record-keeping requirements. Grandfather clauses temporarily permitted some illiterate whites to vote. Voter turnout dropped drastically through the South as a result of such measures.

Ok, thanks, I was just wondering. I am all for black people voting if they are like The Black Conservative on Y.T. and Keyes, and Manning, and many other good black people.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2009, 12:19:38 PM »
I spoke with a lawyer today. He said it will be lengthy and costly to pursue this and I will most likely lose. He said there is a limit to how severe the AA can be for example, they can't reject every White applicant.

This is a study of Affirmative Action practiced at elite universities http://opr.princeton.edu/faculty/tje/espenshadessqptii.pdf. Page 293-294 states:

African-American applicants receive the equivalent of 230 extra SAT points (on a 1600-point scale), and being Hispanic is worth an additional 185 SAT points. Other things equal, recruited athletes gain an admission bonus worth 200 points, while the preference for legacy candidates is worth 160 points. Asian-American applicants face a loss equivalent to 50 SAT points.

Thanks for putting that info from that university its scary. They really do cater to blacks such a shame

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2009, 04:13:38 PM »
Quote from: AsheDina
I am all for black people voting if they are like The Black Conservative on Y.T. and Keyes, and Manning, and many other good black people.

That would be fine if there were actually black PEOPLE voting. They deserve to have respect and rights. What are they though, less than 1/2% of the black population? I just want to keep the N words from voting.

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2009, 05:57:52 PM »
I have been forthright all along about my past. I returned to religion about six years ago because of several problems which came up in my life. But back in the 80s I was in a lot of trouble... I got involved in crack cocaine and other drugs... Now it seems like ancient history.

I have had a lot of good luck with the legal system here in CA and again I thank Hashem for the mercy which I have witnessed.

That's incredible. You would've been the last person I'd think would be involved with that. How do you feel about the fact that many members and even Chaim (I think) believe drug dealers should be executed.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2009, 06:18:19 PM »

That's incredible. You would've been the last person I'd think would be involved with that. How do you feel about the fact that many members and even Chaim (I think) believe drug dealers should be executed.

I regret my past but I do not call for extreme punishment of drug dealers. The fact that many people my age have tried these illicit substances yet somehow made life better as we got older is a good reason.

It is best to avoid drugs altogether but in this day and age it is very difficult. When I started it was with the smart kids in my highschool {of which I was one}. One of those friends went to Cornell and works in DARPA now. I went to RPI {Rensselaer Polytech Institute} and RPI was a party school {according to Playboy mag in the 80s}.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2009, 10:30:52 PM »

I regret my past but I do not call for extreme punishment of drug dealers. The fact that many people my age have tried these illicit substances yet somehow made life better as we got older is a good reason.

It is best to avoid drugs altogether but in this day and age it is very difficult. When I started it was with the smart kids in my highschool {of which I was one}. One of those friends went to Cornell and works in DARPA now. I went to RPI {Rensselaer Polytech Institute} and RPI was a party school {according to Playboy mag in the 80s}.

Actually if I had anything to say about it convicted drug dealers would have a select part of their body hacked off. Vermin that prey on school age children pushing drugs have no place in society. If they ended up in a jail I controlled their life would be a living hell. Drug users past or present are not much higher up on the food chain then the pusher themselves. I always have problems understanding people that at one point fall into every evil trap under the sun then one day wake up and smell the coffee of the real world. The sins of the past cant be made whole by going 180* in the opposite direction in the present.  How could it,  then everyone in the world would know they have ten or twenty years to have a ball and then try and do some restitution in their old age.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2009, 10:46:29 PM »

Actually if I had anything to say about it convicted drug dealers would have a select part of their body hacked off. Vermin that prey on school age children pushing drugs have no place in society. If they ended up in a jail I controlled their life would be a living hell. Drug users past or present are not much higher up on the food chain then the pusher themselves. I always have problems understanding people that at one point fall into every evil trap under the sun then one day wake up and smell the coffee of the real world. The sins of the past cant be made whole by going 180* in the opposite direction in the present.  How could it,  then everyone in the world would know they have ten or twenty years to have a ball and then try and do some restitution in their old age.

Well you just don't understand the Jewish concept of Teshuva. And you don't understand me. But that's OK, I don't need your approval.

According to Jewish belief a person can do Teshuva the day before he dies and be forgiven by the heavenly tribunal. If you would like I can give you quotations but I doubt you will be moved.

http://www.nishma.org/articles/insight/insight5762-02.htm
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/607499/jewish/Teshuvah-Repentance.htm
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/567550/jewish/How-to-Change-the-Past.htm
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:53:37 PM by muman613 »