Author Topic: Self-Hating Jew Michael Weener Bashes Israel and Defends the Pope  (Read 7053 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Self-Hating Jew Michael Weener Bashes Israel and Defends the Pope
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2009, 06:37:37 PM »
She definitely did NOT mean it for shock value.  She simply meant it, pure and simple.  Like her/don't like her.... that's up to you.  I just want everyone here to know what she BELIEVES about Judaism.  Take it/leave it; believe it/don't believe -- that's up to you.  I used to like her, until I heard her speak those vile words.  Anyone -- I don't care who it is -- says vile things like that about Judaism -- they go straight on my drek list. 

As a religious Jew, I can tell you I see no offense in that statement, just honesty.

The fact of the matter is that if you are a follower of a religion, of course you think other religions are all wrong.  If you didn't, you would convert to those religions.

Her saying that is as offensive as me stating that I don' think Jesus was the Messiah.  Some may be offended by that, but that is my religion, and that is what I believe.  Much like Coulter's religion is Christianity, and that is what she believes.

But saying it in public where Jews will be listening is very insensitive and allows me to make my opinion of her. Just as everyone here has their opinion about me based on what I say. In my opinion she is wrong and I will not listen to what she says. I tune her out like I tune out Mel Gibson.

PS: I never said I believe non-Jews will go to Hell which is what Catholics in my youth told me that Jews were going to hell. Because of this I have no trust in Catholics. Our Jewish belief is that non-Jews who are righteous will have a place in Olam Haba... What Christians and Muslims believe regarding the other religions is very unkind.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
Re: Self-Hating Jew Michael Weener Bashes Israel and Defends the Pope
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2009, 09:36:42 PM »
Since Vatican II the Catholic church has tried, in many ways, to make amends for their mistreatment of the Jews. I accept their efforts, and it truly disturbs me when some in the Jewish community don't even try to see that they are trying to make amends.

I'm old enough to have experienced brutality as a child, being called a "christ killer" and beaten up so badly for it once that my nose was broken. I decided at that point that I would never be as ignorant of their religion as they evidently were of mine, and so comparative religion has been a hobby of mine most of my life.

I try to focus on the things Jews and Christians have in common, because I find that by educating BOTH Jews and Christians about the common bonds and similarities our religions have, it often leads both Jews and Christians to see that with so much in common, we should not be hating each other.

One other thing to keep in mind, as I tried explaining to a friend of mine today: When Christians reach out and try to do the right thing, we should accept it and be encouraging. Remember that during the Nazi genocide, there were religious Christians who risked their very lives and the lives of their families to hide and rescue Jews. This is why the state of Israel has groves of trees planted in memory of Righteous Gentiles.

By refusing their goodwill and their apologies, it is quite possible that the next time around, they will remember that and not rescue any Jews. By exhibiting hatred toward them when they mean well, we may very well be bringing about the deaths of Jews in the future who could have been saved.

Think about it: why would YOU want to help people who show you nothing but hostility, even when you are trying to do the right thing?
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com