Author Topic: New Delhi has its first gay parade  (Read 3917 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
New Delhi has its first gay parade
« on: June 28, 2009, 01:00:41 PM »

NEW DELHI: In the beginning there were only cops, huddling on the sidewalk, sweating profusely and talking in hushed voices.

Then arrived a small bunch of men and women and took out their rainbow flags, posters, masks and colourful headgears. A shiver went through the cluster of lady cops as three heavily made-up eunuchs walked in front of them, chased by impatient TV cameras, trying to capture every gesture they made and every word they spoke.

But, at 5pm, there were 100 cops watching some 10 gay activists near a five-star hotel, just off the Barakhamba Road. And the team of reporters stood on the silent street, wondering if the city's first gay pride parade would be a complete flop show.

Suddenly, the crowd began to swell and within a few minutes the place was teeming with people. With the speechless cops taking position along the road going towards Jantar Mantar, the dusty spot began to undergo a transformation: rainbow flags were jammed into hands, small colourful badges appeared on the chests, multi-coloured masks covered the faces, posters with catchy slogans were raised in the air, and the crowd was greatly stirred as a group of dholwallas began to beat their drums and the eunuchs broke into an impromptu dance.

And then the more than 500 gay activists from all over the country began to walk behind the dhols, raising banners, shouting slogans and singing songs. ''377, quit India,'' shouted a march leader and hundreds of throats echoed the call across a silent, Sunday street in Connaught Place. ''My sister is gay,'' read a poster in the hands of a man in green shirt and a red mask. ''Out of the closet and out on the street,'' said another placard. ''Give me support so that I can take off my mask,'' said a small banner jointly held by two men, with their faces behind masks.

With the street reverberating with the beats of the dhol, someone broke into a song: ''Hum hain raahi pyar ke...'' and the crowd followed it. Then came another oldie, in a new form: ''Hum gay hain to kya hua, dilwaale hain...''

Then the nation's love anthem: ''Pyaar kiya to darna kya...'' They stopped the traffic. Curious onlookers looked at the crowd moving a happy wave. Some wondered what was it about. A few made a face. One man actually scowled. But, many supported them: ''It's their choice.''

A DTC bus stopped and a few hands came out the window, capturing the rainbow crowd on their mobile phones. A taxi pulled up along the kerb and a foreign couple got off the car, joining the crowd in full swing now. The crowd of gay people, tourists, straights with gay friends, parents with gay children and activists was ecstatic as it turned into that corner of Jantar Mantar which shows a small glimpse of the million mutinies erupting across India every day.

Amid slogans, songs and hugs, the crowd settled down in the middle of the road. And they all fell silent. After a few brief speeches by the organisers, they observed two-minute silence for those who have been ''victims of 377''. Then it was time for celebrations.

The organizers were surprised at the success of their march. They shouted and screamed with joy. They hugged each other. The cops had vanished. With songs and slogans for love and freedom ringing through the muggy air, there was no need for any muscle power to control the crowd. For a change, the cops looked totally irrelevant at Jantar Mantar.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3178512.cms
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:55:12 AM by ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ »

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
Re: New Delhi has its first gay parade
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 01:07:38 PM »
-.-
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 02:00:14 PM »
These persons should be dispatched to Waziristan and Iran to spread their message.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 02:27:24 PM »
They doesn't look gay or lesbian. Anyway, terrible.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 02:44:33 PM »
At least they kept their clothes on and their tongues tucked.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 02:47:37 PM »
This sickness is damn all over this poor world, thoguht u Indian dudes would take care of them.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 03:09:02 PM »
This sickness is damn all over this poor world, thoguht u Indian dudes would take care of them.

EuroCommunist governments encourage them.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 04:34:14 PM »
I thought Eastern religions were ok with homosexuality.

Online TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 05:37:02 PM »
I thought Eastern religions were ok with homosexuality.

Me too. Seems like we were both wrong.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 05:57:49 PM »
In my opinion,   no government should aid in making a homosexual parade a reality. 
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 06:14:26 PM »
They ought to combine this with the Nag Panchami festival, then that would solve some of the gay problem.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 08:27:58 PM »
I think it's great that Indian gay and lesbian people are having the courage to come forward, without the shame of the 'closet,' and say who they are.  Hating on homosexuals serves no purpose whatsoever.

Homosexuals who engage in sex are guilty of sin, this is nothing to be proud of. I would be prouder of being a theif or a rapist, than I would be about being homo. There is nothing to gain in hating gays, but we cannot support that lifestyle..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JTFenthusiast

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 09:02:42 PM »
"Homosexuals who engage in sex are guilty of sin, this is nothing to be proud of. I would be prouder of being a theif or a rapist, than I would be about being homo. There is nothing to gain in hating gays, but we cannot support that lifestyle.."

The fact that you think being a rapist is a lesser evil than consensual sex is nothing to be proud of.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 09:49:20 PM »
"Homosexuals who engage in sex are guilty of sin, this is nothing to be proud of. I would be prouder of being a theif or a rapist, than I would be about being homo. There is nothing to gain in hating gays, but we cannot support that lifestyle.."

The fact that you think being a rapist is a lesser evil than consensual sex is nothing to be proud of.

By no means am I remotely condoning rape as an acceptable behavior under ANY circumstance.     I'm very confident that muman613 and all other righteous person are of the same opinion.     Rape is a hideous crime,   that warrants a VERY harsh punishment.       Having said that,    from an Orthodox Jewish standpoint,   apparently certain homosexual acts are an even greater sin than rape:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_Judaism

Orthodox Jewish views
While a variety of views regarding homosexuality as an inclination or status exist within the Orthodox Jewish community, Orthodox Judaism generally prohibits homosexual conduct. While there is disagreement about which acts come under core prohibitions, all of Orthodox Judaism puts certain core homosexual acts, including male-male anal sex in the category of yehareg ve'al ya'avor, "die rather than transgress", the small category of Biblically-prohibited acts (also including murder, idolatry, adultery, and incest) which an Orthodox Jew is obligated under the laws of Self-sacrifice under Jewish Law to die rather than do.

According to Rabbi Dr. Norman Lamm, former president of Yeshiva University, halakha prohibits homosexuality to non-Jews as well as to Jews.[5]
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 11:27:59 PM »
I think it's great that Indian gay and lesbian people are having the courage to come forward, without the shame of the 'closet,' and say who they are.  Hating on homosexuals serves no purpose whatsoever.

Homosexuals who engage in sex are guilty of sin, this is nothing to be proud of. I would be prouder of being a theif or a rapist, than I would be about being homo. There is nothing to gain in hating gays, but we cannot support that lifestyle..

Muman I'm no fan of homos, but seriously, homosexual sex is bad but if it's between two consenting people I think that's better than rape.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »

What have gays contributed to our World besides LAWSUITS, GAY PARADES, and DEMANDS that our CHILDREN must learn about it?
I mean honestly when gays come out of the closet, they do so with AK47's so to speak....in other words gays have become
too demanding and self righteous.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 11:41:00 PM »

Muman I'm no fan of homos, but seriously, homosexual sex is bad but if it's between two consenting people I think that's better than rape.

Im sorry for that comparison to rape... But according to Torah law a rape is a less of a crime than homosexual relations... In the case of the homosexual, the Torah requires that he be stoned... The case of the rapist allows the man to marry the woman... I realize that in todays legal world this doesn't make sense, but in Torah law it makes a lot of sense.

http://www.webshas.org/nezek/oness.htm

Obligation for a Rapist to Marry His Victim

Whether a rapist is able to divorce the wife he is obligated to marry: Temurah 4b-5a
      Considering violation of the prohibition against him divorcing her a transgression which can be corrected with a positive action by re-marrying her: Makkot 15a, 16a; Temurah 4b
      The punishment for a rapist who marries and divorces his victim, if he is a Kohen: Temurah 4b
      Receiving lashes if he divorces her: Makkot 15a, 16a; Temurah 4b
      Her ability to decline the marriage: Makkot 16a
      What happens if the rapist accepts an offer of marriage on her behalf: Makkot 16a
      What happens if the rapist vows never to marry her, with a vow which cannot be repealed: Makkot 16a

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 12:02:25 AM »
Thanks for clarifying it Muman. I understand where you were coming from now. I'd still personally feel more comfortable around a nonviolent homosexual than a rapist though.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 01:44:23 AM »

What have gays contributed to our World besides LAWSUITS, GAY PARADES, and DEMANDS that our CHILDREN must learn about it?
I mean honestly when gays come out of the closet, they do so with AK47's so to speak....in other words gays have become
too demanding and self righteous.

if they really want the world to treat them as "normal people".. then they should learn to behave like them first ... I mean, its ok if one is gay, but why celebrate ... ? do we see heterosexuals come out with boards saying "I am proud hetro", "i am happy hetro" ...

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 03:01:37 AM »
Whatever grade of crime is homo, it is an emblem of fastest social degeneration possible and when spread en masse it is bound to end in cases like Sodom and Gomorrah, whatever it means.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 01:58:28 AM »
Delhi High Court legalises homosexuality

New Delhi: In a historic judgement, the Delhi High Court Thursday decriminalised homosexuality by striking down section 377 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). A bench of Chief Justice Ajit Prakash Shah and Justice S. Muralidhar said that if not amended, section 377 of the IPC would violate Article 21 of the Indian constitution, which states that every citizen has equal opportunity of life and is equal before law.

Section 377, a law from the British Raj era, says homosexuality and "unnatural sex" is a criminal act.

http://www.samaylive.com/news/delhi-high-court-legalises-homosexuality-637397/637397.html

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 06:02:51 AM »
There seem to be 2 global trends. On the one hand, growth of islam. On the other hand, growth and acceptance of homosexuality. They are bound to be on a collision course.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 07:21:01 AM »
Gay parades, and even any other kind of parade related to sex, are obscene regardless of what each persons thinks about homosexuality. Even if heterosexuals made aparade to say: Hey look at us, we have sex with women! It would be obscene.
But we must concentrate on defeating Arab fundamentalism (Islamism and marxist Pan-Arabism). Instead of fighting liberalism, we should redirect it towards Islam. For example, when gays want to do a Pride Parade, trying to persuade them to make a march for human rights in Arab countries.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 09:42:04 AM »
There seem to be 2 global trends. On the one hand, growth of islam. On the other hand, growth and acceptance of homosexuality. They are bound to be on a collision course.

Oh no, they both are two sides of same evil coin.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »
What a shame, most of the women in those pics are beautiful--it's too bad that they have devoted their lives to vileness.