Author Topic: Zogby, obamas poll number sink to new low  (Read 1130 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Zogby, obamas poll number sink to new low
« on: August 21, 2009, 09:19:29 AM »
http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1734 

Released: August 21, 2009

Zogby Interactive Poll: Obama's Job Approval Sinks to Record Low 45%

UTICA, New York - President Barack Obama's job approval rating has sunk to a record low of just 45%, the latest Zogby Interactive poll shows. Fifty-one percent of likely voters now say they disapprove of the President's job performance.

"None of these numbers looks counter-intuitive to me. Gallup, NBC, and Pew all have Obama at record lows. Rasmussen also shows low approval. Things are volatile out there and news travels fast. There is a lot of anxiety over healthcare," said Zogby International President and CEO John Zogby. "The President let it get away from him and voters are scared right now. They are experiencing sacrifice overload and feel more threatened than empowered. The President is being forced to play defense and he is much better when he is in possession of the ball. But do not underestimate Obama. Last August he was toast."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Zogby, obamas poll number sink to new low
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 09:47:53 AM »
 :dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 10:48:18 AM »
No need to worry.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 10:50:10 AM »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 11:19:22 AM »
"But do not underestimate Obama. Last August he was toast."

There's an old expression, 'A week is a lifetime in politics,' and Zogby is correct in that Obama cannot be written-off.  In fact, I still see Obama getting re-elected, by massive voter fraud if nothing else.  But where I think Zogby is incorrect is by referencing August 2008.  That was just before the September stock market crash, with an unintelligible GWB in the White House and McCain stupidly rushing to pass that foolish TARP package.  Today, it would seem almost certain that any major disaster is going to sit squarely on Obama, and nobody sees a great economic turnaround coming.

What I hear more and more of is this:  "Maybe he's just not up to the job yet."  Better late than never, I guess.  Or maybe he's perfectly up to the job that he has in mind.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 12:45:44 PM »
37,    the voter fraud component of the equation is one of my greatest concerns.     As long as ACORN and related type of organizations exist,    the threat of voter fraud that could prove VERY costly to the Republicans,    is real.      The Republican Party needs to take proactive measures in order to attempt to severe limit ACORN's impact.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 02:44:05 PM »
His getting re-elected hinges on the economy.  This healthcare debacle will eventually fail, but be be forgotten about.