Author Topic: I need a little help  (Read 1872 times)

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: I need a little help
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 12:48:47 PM »
What about a BMW or Volkswagen?

I used to be a faithful Bimmer fan - I've had E34 M5 and just recently sold my E39 M5 which I had for about 10 years. Both were the best sport sedans in the world and both were quite unreliable, particularly electronics and suspension components. I can't stand new BMWs ever since Chris Bangler took over design, so no Bimmers for me in the foreseeable future - they look ridiculous and fugly. I like MB designs but their cars are quite boring and uninvolving, from a driver standpoint. I love Audis - I had few, including Audi 90 and A6 and I'd love to own the new R8. I hope that my next car, once MB GL is paid out, will be R8 or Porsche 911 C4s.

First of all I love BMW. I also like the new design. It looks great.
I don't know a lot about MB. But I know Americans like it. Audi is also one of the great German cars. Just awesome.

GK, are you saying that Germans don't like Mercedes Benz and prefer Bimmers and Audis? :laugh: As far as you liking of new BMW designs - the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but next time you look at one, please take of your sun glasses  ;D

Seriously, if I was single you would be my best club hopping buddy - we could go to clubs and never hit on the same girl! I'd be dating all the beautiful ones, and you, since you like current BMWs, will be dating all the traffic wardens and computer programmers!  ;D Ok, I am just kidding! Bimmers are great cars, if you like their current design, you will truly enjoy owning one.

Of course Germans like also Mercedes. But actually most old people are driving Mercedes.
http://www.focus.de/auto/diverses/markenpraeferenzen_aid_111658.html
The article is about old people loving Mercedes.

;D Maybe it's different in the USA and Germany about BMW. But in Germany the youth loves BMW and Mercedes is not that cool as BMW or Audi.
I agree, in US there is a similar perception, but many young people to drive MBs and many old ones get into Bimmers. Audis are less appealing in US, but they are gaining. I kind of prefer Audi and Porsche (well, the same company). Still, I do like my MB GL - a great SUV for family - kids, dog, skis, bikes - it takes it all in style!

Do you have enough money to buy a Porsche? They are very expensive here. It's a luxus sports car.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »
Do you have enough money to buy a Porsche? They are very expensive here. It's a luxus sports car.
not yet- I am still repaying my GL. When I get my sport car, I'll get 1-3 year old one - you get a significant depreciation for what, basically, is a new car with very few miles.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 01:43:17 PM by Manch »
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »
If you can get yourself an older true swedish Volvo. I had a 1990 turbo that was made for America very good car.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 01:11:17 PM »
not yet- I am still repaying my GL. When I get my sports car, I'll get 1-3 year old one - you get a significant depreciation for what, basically, is a new car with very few miles.

Sounds great.

If you can get yourself an older true swedish Volvo. I had a 1990 turbo that was made for America very good car.

Swedish Volvo is also great and looks a bit American