Author Topic: Why do Christians care about Jews?  (Read 17956 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
Re: Why do Christians care about Jews?
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2009, 11:31:19 AM »
i stand by Mo's and muman's post.. why? i'm not a jew. i'm a hindu. I stand by their views because we are all members of JEWISH task force. Not Neo-Gentile forum. If i'm a true gentile, i will support great jewish friends like muman and mo.

as long as no one forces gospel down the throat of my people(hindus) and the people i care(jews), i'm fine with Christian members of JTF.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2009, 11:32:38 AM »
i stand by Mo's and muman's post.. why? i'm not a jew. i'm a hindu. I stand by their views because we are all members of JEWISH task force. Not Neo-Gentile forum. If i'm a true gentile, i will support great jewish friends like muman and mo.

What the hell is a Neo-Gentile?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2009, 11:34:25 AM »

as long as no one forces gospel down the throat of my people(hindus) and the people i care(jews), i'm fine with Christian members of JTF.

Who forces the gospel here?
I would never want to be a fellow Christian

• Master JTFer
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2009, 11:34:32 AM »

Neo-Gentile people are those people who proclaim themself as Gentiles, at the same time suspect jewish people.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2009, 11:35:26 AM »

Thank you so much HZ...

And I want to clarify that my position is in line with all Jewish zionist associations. I do not hate anyone, especially any long time member of JTF. I work very hard to try to make peace, and to bring peace to myself.

When I write that there are differences it doesn't mean I have any anger at those who are different. I want to maintain the Jewish identity which is only ensured when we retain Jewish ideas and Jewish morals. I do believe that JTF is doing much good in bringing the message of Zionism to the people. I hope that I am not an interference to that goal.

I will apologize personally to anyone who I have offended. My statements are made in pure belief that a Jewish nation requires Jewish motivation and support. I have explained many times my battle against assimilation. I do not blame any non Jew for assimilation because it is our own fault.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Master JTFer
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2009, 11:37:52 AM »

there are 1-2 members who support missionising to hindus and hindu nationalists. they are indirectly attacking the largest block of zionists on the planet(hindu nationalists organisaitons). so how can they support an organisaiton like JTF which is open to zionists? you cannot apply two different yardstick to (hindus and jews)zionists. Let me give you an example. Consider some christian member supporting missionising in India. he/she will donate something to the ministry for the same cause. What is the guarentee that this money will be used to convert hindus or convert jews?

I once talked to Yad L'Achim representative. I discussed many issues about missionising/zionism/islam. and we all had similar views and concerns. and the shocking thing was, the same evangelist organisations are working both in India and Israel.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:47:17 AM by ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ »

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2009, 11:38:41 AM »

Neo-Gentile people are those people who proclaim themself as Gentiles, at the same time suspect jewish people.

Gentiles who suspect Jews?
Suspect Jews of what?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2009, 11:46:42 AM »
I said "Don't expect us to believe this stuff"... What is wrong with that? I also pointed out the areas where there are differences.

Muman, to say to the Christians "Don't expect us to believe this stuff" is uncalled for.  No Christian member here has ever tried to missionize.  JTF has a strict policy against that.  So comments like that are just not nice.  No one here is forcing anything on you, or the other Jews.  

Like Kahane Was Right said earlier, we know the differences between Judaism and Christianity, and most people here are OK with it. We agree on many things.  But we've agreed to disagree on certain religious points.  So what's the big deal?  Why do you insist on harping on the differences, and rubbing people's noses in it?

Jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »

like how Mo' was accussed of dividing jtf memebers?

Suspect Jews of what?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:56:56 AM by ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ »

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »

like how Mo' was accussed of dividing jtf memebers?

Suspect Jews of what?

So your saying most if not all the Christian members here are Neo-Gentile?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2009, 11:52:39 AM »
Alright, now I'm confused.  What's a neo-gentile?  And what do you mean "suspect Jewish people?"

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2009, 11:54:14 AM »
I said "Don't expect us to believe this stuff"... What is wrong with that? I also pointed out the areas where there are differences.

Muman, to say to the Christians "Don't expect us to believe this stuff" is uncalled for.  No Christian member here has ever tried to missionize.  JTF has a strict policy against that.  So comments like that are just not nice.  No one here is forcing anything on you, or the other Jews.  

Like Kahane Was Right said earlier, we know the differences between Judaism and Christianity, and most people here are OK with it. We agree on many things.  But we've agreed to disagree on certain religious points.  So what's the big deal?  Why do you insist on harping on the differences, and rubbing people's noses in it?

Jews

Lisa,

My response was because someone stated something which could be taken to mean that there is no difference between the teaching of the Church and the teaching of our Torah. I wanted to point out that actually there are. Of course I know that all religious Jews here already know this but I am concerned about an agnostic Jew who may be influenced by believing other religions {if it is not different}.

I am not trying to do anything other than discuss this topic. I gain nothing by offending anyone, especially people I have considered like family to me for the last year and a half.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Master JTFer
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2009, 11:58:25 AM »

Suspect Jews of what?

Neo-Gentile people are those people who proclaim themself as Gentiles, at the same time suspect jewish people....like how Mo' was accussed of dividing jtf members by some..

ps:sorry my earlier post got messed up

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2009, 12:01:04 PM »
I would like to be able to apologize correctly... Please tell me what exactly I said which was hurtful?

This entire argument is dragging me down spiritually today... I would like peace, please?

PS: I wont be able to reply for another 1 1/2 hours... I need to drive in to work now... Please help me resolve this dilemma.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2009, 12:11:50 PM »

Suspect Jews of what?

Neo-Gentile people are those people who proclaim themself as Gentiles, at the same time suspect jewish people....like how Mo' was accussed of dividing jtf members by some..

This is the first time I hear this term, who came up with it ?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2009, 12:12:47 PM »

Suspect Jews of what?

This is the first time I hear this term, who came up with it ?

It's not a real term

• Master JTFer
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2009, 12:16:45 PM »
i got that term from some Israeli history book, cant remember the name. in that book they refered to christians who supported israel only to support their Holy land(the place where Jesus had some connections). But they did not purely support Israel for the sake of jewish people. such people were refered to as neo-gentiles. I will try to locate the book, and let you know the name. :)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2009, 12:19:52 PM »
<snip>
Another thing, just as much as you think we are different, think no more ... we believe in the torah, the torah is part of our religion as well, we believe in it and in the new testimony together as one. The new testimony is just about jesus life and his teachings, it doesn't contradict or negate the torah, everyone knows that... However, we might not believe in the Talmud.

Hope that answers your skepticism. :)

Actually there is much in the NT which contradicts the Torah...

1) Jesus is G-d
2) Trinity
3) Jesus is Moshiach
4) Abrogation of the Oral Law
5) Understanding of Good Vs Evil {Satan vs Devil, Original Sin, etc.}
6) Praying to Jesus instead of praying to Hashem.
7) Images {i.e. cross w/dead deity}
8) NT Seeks to replace Torah
9) Requiring a human sacrifice to atone for sin {He died for their sins...}

And there are many other differences...

PS: we can get along as long as the Christian members don't expect us to believe that  stuff..

Muman - This post was uncalled for.  I do not expect you to accept or even acknowledge the beliefs of the Christian members here.  So why would I expect you to believe the stuff.  That is not why most Christians participate here.  You would love for the Christians to leave this forum, isn't that what you hinted at.  Start your own.  It seems to me many Christians helped to start this forum.  Cross with dead diety. Requiring human sacrifice to atone for sin.  Writing that way is meant to be offensive, in a passive agressive way.  I'm not attempting to antagonize you...I am speaking up for myself.      BullCat
I know that I was raised to respect Judaism.  I have great respect for people like Chaim Ben Pesach, David Ben Moshe,Ashe Dina and most of the great JTFers.  I believe they care about Israel and America, two countries who's survival are vital to my child's survival.  So I will not be silent.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2009, 12:23:27 PM »
HZ, Bolshevik Israeli textbooks are naturally going to try to make religious Christians look bad just like they make religious Jews look bad. The only religion they paint in a positive light is Islam.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »

there are 1-2 members who support missionising to hindus and hindu nationalists. they are indirectly attacking the largest block of zionists on the planet(hindu nationalists organisaitons). so how can they support an organisaiton like JTF which is open to zionists? you cannot apply two different yardstick to (hindus and jews)zionists. Let me give you an example. Consider some christian member supporting missionising in India. he/she will donate something to the ministry for the same cause. What is the guarentee that this money will be used to convert hindus or convert jews?

I once talked to Yad L'Achim representative. I discussed many issues about missionising/zionism/islam. and we all had similar views and concerns. and the shocking thing was, the same evangelist organisations are working both in India and Israel.
OK I have heard this brought up once to often by you. Lets stop beating around the bush and give up the names of the two proselytizers . Lets get to the bottom of it right here and now. I don't go for the proselytizing myself. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2009, 12:29:09 PM »
HZ, Bolshevik Israeli textbooks are naturally going to try to make religious Christians look bad just like they make religious Jews look bad. The only religion they paint in a positive light is Islam.

What do you know about Israel, and about "Bolshevik Israelis"? You have never lived there. I either don't live in Israel, that's why I'm not talking about them. I know the situation only from news. But that is far from the reality.
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »
I admired the Jewish people, long before I became a born again Christian.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2009, 01:08:55 PM »
Odds are you are right and the term is taken from a bolshevik textbook. In Israel we have a strong propaganda against accepting support from any kind of right wing Christians on the pretext that they don't really support Israel but try to either convert the Jews or promote war with the Arabs so that the apocalypse would come. It doesn't matter what they say or do, the bolshevik stick to the claims, while at the same time they have no objections for "aid" by left wing Jew hating organizations.

We also do have extensive missionary activity in Israel by J4J and the likes. The bolsheviks don't speak against these organizations but there are good Jews (mainly Haredi like "Yad Le'Achim") who battle the missionaries (J4J Christians, as well as any other type, like new age cults).

PS the term itself "Neo-Gentile" doesn't make much sense in my mind. If gentile is supposed to mean what in Hebrew we call "goy".

Offline Yochai

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2009, 01:15:07 PM »
Odds are you are right and the term is taken from a bolshevik textbook. In Israel we have a strong propaganda against accepting support from any kind of right wing Christians on the pretext that they don't really support Israel but try to either convert the Jews or promote war with the Arabs so that the apocalypse would come. It doesn't matter what they say or do, the bolshevik stick to the claims, while at the same time they have no objections for "aid" by left wing Jew hating organizations.

We also do have extensive missionary activity in Israel by J4J and the likes. The bolsheviks don't speak against these organizations but there are good Jews (mainly Haredi like "Yad Le'Achim") who battle the missionaries (J4J Christians, as well as any other type, like new age cults).

PS the term itself "Neo-Gentile" doesn't make much sense in my mind. If gentile is supposed to mean what in Hebrew we call "goy".

I have never heard the term, but it is clear that Hindu Zionist is referring to people who say offensive things about Jews and then support Israel, only because they believe that the end result will be that all Jews convert to Christianity.

Offline Saracens Head

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2009, 01:32:55 PM »
I will never believe that Mo was just asking an innocent question and we all know that Muman has big issues with Christianity( and the fact that Christian live and breathe).
I wouldn't, in a million years, join ANY movement that wasn't based on Judaism
but I don't see how gentiles can truly contribute to a Jewish movement whose sole purpose is for the sake of Jews.

Last quote, the way I see it is We  have a common enemy so whats good for the Jewish people is good for the Christians and vice versa,remember what satans worshippers said" after Saturday comes Sunday"Alliances are needed although there may differences,remember america financed and armed osamabinlarder against the russians.