Author Topic: My letter regarding the NFL and Rush Limbaugh  (Read 622 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
My letter regarding the NFL and Rush Limbaugh
« on: October 17, 2009, 07:57:20 PM »
>Dear Mr. Goodell

I have been a big football fan.  I get the NFL Sunday Ticket and go to a few games each season.  I expect I will do neither in the future.  Apparently the NFL is being run by politically correct people who are afraid of left wing pressure groups (or support them).  The latest treatment of Rush Limbaugh, including your own defamatory comments, shows that the NFL is more comfortable with thugs like Ray Lewis and Michael Vick than a man who expresses his opinion and is listened to by many of millions of people each day.

Rush is supposedly racist?  Because he criticizes Obama?  Is Obama not subject to criticism?  Unlike Ray Lewis Rush never participated in the murder of a Black man.  Rush has not tortured or murdered animals.  He has not battered women like many NFL players have.  To say that he is not fit to play a role in the NFL because racist street hustlers like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton do not approve of him is abominable.  If the NFL is a home for thugs, takes its direction from the Jesse Jacksons of the world, and does not have room for a man who has connected with a great deal of Americans then it does not have room for me either.<

If the politically correct and the race baiters want to run the NFL let them do it without my money and with a smaller TV audience and empty stadiums.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: My letter regarding the NFL and Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 08:54:29 PM »
Very pointed letter.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 09:03:35 PM »
There was no proof that Ray Lewis committed a crime.
Two guys of his entourage did commit a crime
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:50:43 PM by Americanhero »

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 12:36:55 AM »
Two guys of his entourage did commit a crime<<

Actually Ray Lewis pled guilty to involvement in that murder to a minor charge.  He testified against his fellow thugs but they were acquitted.  The victims' blood was found in his limousine so at best he helped the perps get away from the crime scene.  There were witnesses who said he was directly involved in the murders but they changed their testimony at the trial.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 12:37:45 AM »
Two guys of his entourage did commit a crime<<

Actually Ray Lewis pled guilty to involvement in that murder to a minor charge.  He testified against his fellow thugs but they were acquitted.  The victims' blood was found in his limousine so at best he helped the perps get away from the crime scene.  There were witnesses who said he was directly involved in the murders but they changed their testimony at the trial.

But did he actually murder those 2 guys

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 12:50:02 AM »
I doubt that he did the actual stabbing, although I cannot rule it out entirely.  However, he was with the murderers and at the least helped them get away from the crime scene, which is an accesory after the fact.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 12:51:43 AM »
I doubt that he did the actual stabbing, although I cannot rule it out entirely.  However, he was with the murderers and at the least helped them get away from the crime scene, which is an accesory after the fact.

But the member who started the topic states Ray participated in the murders.
That insinuates Ray Lewis actually carried out the murders with his friends

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 12:55:40 AM »
I consider trying to help murderers get away with murder participating.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 12:57:00 AM »
I consider trying to help murderers get away with murder participating.

That would be aiding and abetting