Author Topic: Serbs in Turkey  (Read 56849 times)

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
Re: Serbs in Turkey
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 07:27:59 AM »
Don't make me laugh. They willingly accepted Islam, and to this day they didn't convert back.

If we hate them than they will not return to their original roots.
We who remained Orthodox Serbs must be an example. Problem is that current Orthodox Serbs are not behaving like real Orthodox Christians and that's why converted Serbs can not take example from us.

Serbian Catholics of Germany
Never heard of such a case.

They are called luziciki Serbs and were Catholized during the establishment of the Vatican in 1054.
Look, I've already told you. I'm willing to accept brothers, if they are also willing to change. I simply don't trust "Serbs" who bow before the Pope, or love Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

Offline Serbian_Radical_Party

• Full JTFer
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 07:28:08 AM »
They are bad Serbs, but still Serbs.

If Serbian atheists and Catholic Serbs are bad.
Than Serbs who became members of the Jewish religion are also bad?

• Full JTFer
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2009, 07:31:21 AM »
Look, I've already told you. I'm willing to accept brothers, if they are also willing to change. I simply don't trust "Serbs" who bow before the Pope, or love Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

I agree but those Serbs do not identify them selves with Serbs.

This topic is about unorthodox Serbs who are aware of their Serbian heritage.
That's better than to assimilate in hostile nations, who are used like cannonmeat by US to destroy us.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2009, 07:36:04 AM »

That's a complicated theological question and I don't know if I can discuss it with you. If a Serb converts to orthodox Judaism he becomes a Jew, and will regard himself as a Jew. On the other hand, one who believes that Jesus was a Messiah, also accepts Jewish religion from our point of view.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 07:36:25 AM »

Serbs who became "members of Jewish religion" are not Serbs anymore. They are Jews, even if they speak Serbian and still support Serbia. The one who wants to join Jewish people must accept Jewish worldview and Jewish cause. Otherwise it is impossible to become Jew.

But the Jews don't seek converts. There is no concept of mission in Judaism.  Jews respect the freedom of will and don't impose their religion on the others.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

• Full JTFer
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 07:40:42 AM »
Brother Spectator,

You are now mentioning that from the Jewish perspective.
You understand the Serbs who become Jews are in our eyes genetically Serbs.
The difference between them is that they are spiritually not Serbs, only genetically.

I think that we must not all hate all Serbs who left Orthodoxy.
Many of them were forced to do that. Some of them did it voluntarily but many were forced by the knife to abandon Orthodoxy. 

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 07:42:42 AM »

That's better than to assimilate in hostile nations, who are used like cannonmeat by US to destroy us.
I don't see your point here. If they want to be Serbs, they MUST reject Islam and Catholicism. The Pope cannot be their master anymore.

Offline Mehmetce

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 07:52:32 AM »
Well ok,as far as I know there is no Serbs because I don't see them.
There are some Albanians,Bosnaks,Macedonians,Bulgarians,Greeks and all the others.
You may describe muslim serbs (bosnaks) as serbs but I don't.If they are not chrsitian,they are not serbs.
But no Serbs,This is maybe becuase of the war and violent acts which took place in 1990s and Turkish media showed the Serbs as evil.

Exactly! You're a Turk, right?
Those Turks of serbian origin will never say they are of serbian origin. They will always say they are Bosnians, Bosniaks etc.
It's because we feel great hostility towards them, and they to us. We fought bitterly between each other for hundreds of years, unlike Greeks, Bulgarians and other Balkan nations.
Well OK,as far as I know there is no Serbs because I don't see them.
There are some Albanians,Bosnaks,Macedonians,Bulgarians,Greeks and all the others.
You may describe Muslim Serbs (bosnaks) as Serbs but I don't.If they are not chrsitian,they are not Serbs.
But no Serbs,This is maybe because of the war and violent acts which took place in 1990s and Turkish media showed the Serbs as evil.

So you are ignoring the existence of the Serbian-Turkish friendship organization [Enat], which is also active on Turkish soil? You are not informed enough. You can go to Istanbul and encouter these Muslim Serbs.

Serbs are originally Christians, but on Serbian occupied territories colonial powers forced local Serbs to accept the religion of the occupying forces.

Do you really think that during the 500-year long Turkish occupation, Turkish authorities were not able to convert Serbs into Muslims? Of course they were able to conduct that. Where are those Muslim Serbs today? Most of them assimilated into new nations. They call them selves Bosniaks today. But they still speak Serbian. This confirms the assimilation of some Serbs.

On the other side, Catholic Empires ruled 1000 years long with Serbian territories and converted many Serbs into Catholics, who were later convinced to assimilate into Croatians.

So you have besides Orthodox Serbs, also Muslim and Catholic Serbs.
Muslim and Catholic Serbs from the Balkans were assimilated into new nations [Croatian and Bosniak]. Muslim Serbs from Turkey, condemn that and their representatives state that that is an immoral action.

Serbian Radical Party I am not trying to ignore anything,just trying to say what I see.
I already live in Istanbul since my birth,I had friends of all balkanic nations in Istanbul including Jewish friends also.But I never saw any Serbs who says he is serb.
This is maybe becuase of the war in 1990s as I told you.So many turks  don't like serbs so maybe they try to hide it.
So  I am agree with voo-yo on this.
While I respect to peace efforts of Enat,btw I heard it for the first time form you,I would definitely say that this is immposible.I know how serbs  are feeling so much angry about Turkish occupation of 500 years,I am not going to discuss wheter or not this is legitimate.But I wanna say this is the situation.You've mass murdered your own people only because they are muslims.You've took revenge of your 500 years Turkish occupation from your own muslims.These people you slayed were etnically,culturally,historically,and even the langually were same with you.By the way don't get it wrong,I am not blaming you or anybody.Becuase of all these incidents I don't think turkey and serbia would have a certain and  parmanent peace.
If a war breaks out which Turkey involves,I would not give a [censored] and run away to Hawaii,because I like to live life more than my nationality or country.
These terms are not describing anything to me.
Maybe this bloody racism age would last a few more centuries,and then maybe our grand children will live a second spring.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 07:54:37 AM »

I don't see your point here. If they want to be Serbs, they MUST reject Islam and Catholicism. The Pope cannot be their master anymore.

They can to return to their Serbian roots, if they get  inspiration and an example. Orthodox Serbs must be the example. Currently the majority of Orthodox Serbs is weak and is not the example to anybody. Croatians [catholic Serbs] go to church every sonday and respect their religion. Majority of Orthodox is not interested in Orthodoxy. Why would Croats want to become something like that?

It is also the responsibility of Orthodox Serbs! Orthodox Serbs have more responsibility than assimilated Serbs. This because the Orthodox Serbs represent Orthodoxy. Problem is Orthodox Serbs are not being a good example currently.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:04:55 AM by Serbian_Radical_Party »

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2009, 08:02:12 AM »

They can to return to their Serbian roots, if they get  inspiration and an example. Orthodox Serbs must be the example. Currently the majority of Orthodox Serbs is weak and is not the example to anybody. Croatians [catholic Serbs] go to church every sonday and respect their religion. Majority of Orthodox is not interested in Orthodoxy. Why would Croats want to become something like that?

It is also the responsibility of Orthodox Serbs! Orthodox have more responsibility than assimilated Serbs. This because the Orthodox Serbs represent Orthodoxy. Problem is Orthodox are not being a good example currently.
I agree we are not good example. Serbs must be much, much better.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2009, 08:03:37 AM »
.You've took revenge of your 500 years Turkish occupation from your own Muslims.These people you slayed were ethnically,culturally,historically,and even the langually were same with you.By the way don't get it wrong,I am not blaming you or anybody.Becuase of all these incidents I don't think turkey and serbia would have a certain and  parmanent peace.

What? Slow down man..

First of all assimilated Catholic Serbs and Muslim Serbs organized together with German Nazis extermination camps where they exterminated 1 million Orthodox Serbs, oke!

The Serbs did not have concentration camps for Muslims or Catholics!
Serbs did not organized exterminations like Bosnian Muslims and Croatians did against Serbs in 1941, so please get your facts straight!

Serbs organized Yugoslavia where Catholics, Muslims and Orthodox Serbs lived in peace. Serbs wanted badly to integrate into the multi ethnic Yugoslavia.
Bosnian Muslims and Croatians did not want to integrate in Yugoslavia and aimed for Independence and did not want to live in one state with the Serbs...

Serbs are not problem.
They, the Croats and Bosnian Muslims, wanted the disintegration of Yugoslavia and ethnic clean states. They accepted the US offer of the disintegration of Yugoslavia.

Serbs rejected the disintergration of Yugoslavia and the Western-world punished them for that.

Do not blame the Serbs friend! 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:13:24 AM by Serbian_Radical_Party »

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2009, 08:10:08 AM »
Brother Spectator,

The difference between them is that they are spiritually not Serbs, only genetically.

Many of them were forced to do that. Some of them did it voluntarily but many were forced by the knife to abandon Orthodoxy. 

I understand your point. But this is only a theoretical situation. I don't think there were many Serbs who converted to Judaism, personally I never heard about it.

As for the attitude to the Serbs who converted to the other religions, this is your internal Serbian issue. But it is one of the most interesting topics in this section for a long time.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

• Full JTFer
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2009, 08:14:21 AM »
As for the attitude to the Serbs who converted to the other religions, this is your internal Serbian issue. But it is one of the most interesting topics in this section for a long time.

You will never hear this on the Western-media, which is flagrant anti-Serbian.

Offline Mehmetce

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2009, 08:16:38 AM »
.You've took revenge of your 500 years Turkish occupation from your own Muslims.These people you slayed were ethnically,culturally,historically,and even the langually were same with you.By the way don't get it wrong,I am not blaming you or anybody.Becuase of all these incidents I don't think turkey and serbia would have a certain and  parmanent peace.

What? Slow down man..

First of all Catholic Serbs and Muslim Serbs organized together with German Nazis extermination camps where they exterminated 1 million Serbs, oke!

The Serbs did not have concentration camps for Muslims or Catholics!
Serbs did not organized exterminations like Bosnian Muslims and Croatians did against Serbs in 1941, so please get your facts straight!

Serbs organized Yugoslavia where Catholics, Muslims and Orthodox Serbs lived in peace. Serbs wanted badly to integrate into the multi ethnic Yugoslavia.
Bosnian Muslims and Croatians did not want to integrate in Yugoslavia and aimed for Independence and did not want to live in one state with the Serbs...

Serbs are not problem.
They, the Croats and Bosnian Muslims, wanted the disintegration of Yugoslavia and ethnic clean states. They accepted the US offer of the disintegration of Yugoslavia.

Serbs rejected the disintergration of Yugoslavia and the Western-world punished them for that.

Do not blame the Serbs friend! 

Well of course I do know these incidents and also what did bosnians and others did to the serbs in the past and just after the bosnia war.
I am not blaming serbs for everything,see?I am just trying to expose the hate you feel each other,of course this is just a genelirzation not talking about you.Almost all sides did the most terrible things to each other.Therefore I don't see a parmenant peace in the future.
Your problem with croats is because they are catholic and you're othodox is that right?
By the way I know this is a an ironic question,but,why Serbs are the cause of each World War I and World War II ?Or if isn't why so many people claim that?
Maybe this bloody racism age would last a few more centuries,and then maybe our grand children will live a second spring.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009, 08:21:58 AM »
By the way I know this is a an ironic question,but,why Serbs are the cause of each World War I and World War II ?Or if isn't why so many people claim that?

I know why people relate Serbs to WW1, but what they say is just an excuse, a casus belli. The war was between great powers to redivide the world. Serbs have nothing to do with that.

As for WW2, you definitely confuse Serbs with somebody else. There are no connection between Serbs and causing WW2. 

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 08:28:17 AM »
You may describe muslim serbs (bosnaks) as serbs but I don't.If they are not chrsitian,they are not serbs.
But no Serbs,This is maybe becuase of the war and violent acts which took place in 1990s and Turkish media showed the Serbs as evil.

Those Turks of serbian origin will never say they are of serbian origin. They will always say they are Bosnians, Bosniaks etc.
It's because we feel great hostility towards them, and they to us. We fought bitterly between each other for hundreds of years, unlike Greeks, Bulgarians and other Balkan nations.
You may describe Muslim Serbs (bosnaks) as Serbs but I don't.If they are not chrsitian,they are not Serbs.
But no Serbs,This is maybe because of the war and violent acts which took place in 1990s and Turkish media showed the Serbs as evil.

So you are ignoring the existence of the Serbian-Turkish friendship organization [Enat], which is also active on Turkish soil? You are not informed enough. You can go to Istanbul and encouter these Muslim Serbs.

Serbs are originally Christians, but on Serbian occupied territories colonial powers forced local Serbs to accept the religion of the occupying forces.

Do you really think that during the 500-year long Turkish occupation, Turkish authorities were not able to convert Serbs into Muslims? Of course they were able to conduct that. Where are those Muslim Serbs today? Most of them assimilated into new nations. They call them selves Bosniaks today. But they still speak Serbian. This confirms the assimilation of some Serbs.

On the other side, Catholic Empires ruled 1000 years long with Serbian territories and converted many Serbs into Catholics, who were later convinced to assimilate into Croatians.

Muslim and Catholic Serbs from the Balkans were assimilated into new nations [Croatian and Bosniak]. Muslim Serbs from Turkey, condemn that and their representatives state that that is an immoral action.

Serbian Radical Party I am not trying to ignore anything,just trying to say what I see.
I already live in Istanbul since my birth,I had friends of all balkanic nations in Istanbul including Jewish friends also.But I never saw any Serbs who says he is serb.
This is maybe becuase of the war in 1990s as I told you.So many turks  don't like serbs so maybe they try to hide it.
While I respect to peace efforts of Enat,btw I heard it for the first time form you,I would definitely say that this is immposible.I know how serbs  are feeling so much angry about Turkish occupation of 500 years,I am not going to discuss wheter or not this is legitimate.But I wanna say this is the situation.You've mass murdered your own people only because they are muslims.You've took revenge of your 500 years Turkish occupation from your own muslims.These people you slayed were etnically,culturally,historically,and even the langually were same with you.By the way don't get it wrong,I am not blaming you or anybody.Becuase of all these incidents I don't think turkey and serbia would have a certain and  parmanent peace.
If a war breaks out which Turkey involves,I would not give a deleted and run away to Hawaii,because I like to live life more than my nationality or country.
First, let me ask you, if I can, why did you join JTF? Are you a fanatical secularist or something?
We see from your post a great example of Turkish viewpoint on our situation. And it shows, that you can't really understand it. The truth is, there are many Turks of serbian origin in Istanbul, for example, a lot of your basketball players have serbian ancestry, like Hedo Turkoglu and Mirsad Turkcan. But, their ancestors were calling themselves Turks from the point of conversion. There were not many "real" Turks in Serbia and Bosnia, we were ruled by our muslim "brothers". That's where the hate comes from. They are of serbian blood, language... but their god is different, and that difference was crucial. I can't explain it, that wasn't the situation with other nations in the Balkans, especially with Albanians. To them, religion was never important, they were converting for pragmatic reasons, and christians and muslims there are still being considered one people.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009, 08:30:35 AM »
If a war breaks out which Turkey involves,I would not give a deleted and run away to Hawaii,because I like to live life more than my nationality or country.
Hawaii looks nice but the people are not friendly N.Y., California or Pennsylvania would be a better place to move to if you wanted to move
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Full JTFer
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2009, 08:33:36 AM »

Well of course I do know these incidents and also what did bosnians and others did to the serbs in the past and just after the bosnia war.
I am not blaming serbs for everything,see?I am just trying to expose the hate you feel each other,of course this is just a genelirzation not talking about you.Almost all sides did the most terrible things to each other.Therefore I don't see a parmenant peace in the future.
Your problem with croats is because they are catholic and you're othodox is that right?

My Turkish friend. Sometimes I react explosively. I get irritated when I see people using western-media lies against Serbs. Do not take it personally friend! I am glad that you want to hear our story as well.

First of all Orthodox Serbs did not tried to biological exterminate Croatians and Bosnian Muslims. Croatians and Bosnians Muslims were Nazis during 1941 and tried to biologically exterminate Orthodox Serbs living on the western side of the rivers of Drina and Dunau. Orthodox Serbs did not intent to exterminate anybody. Please examine WW2 and the real context of the last Balkan war.

So you can not say that Orthodox Serbs committed the same atrocities against anyone, as Croats and Bosnian Muslims did against Serbs.

No !
WW1 was a trap.
The Austrian Emperor, Frans Ferdinand, represented the occupying forces of Bosnia and Herzegovina.  He was killed by Serbs when he was visiting Sarajevo, because local population of Bosnia was oppressed by Austria and considered Austrians as occupying forces.

If today Bush would visit Bagdad, than Iraqi people will also kill him. Nobody likes occupying forces! So its not a surprise the Serbs killed the Emperor of an Empire that occupied Serbian territories and demonstrated force. The Austro-Hungarian authorities orchested the visiting of their emperor, Frans Ferdinand, on purpose, in order to get him killed by the Serbs. The murdering of him was used as an excuse to occupy Serbia and to amplify the Austrian military presence in Bosnia.

Austria wanted war with Serbia since Serbia liberated its self from the Turkish occupation. As soon as the Turks left the Balkans, Austrians wanted to occupy the Balkans.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:40:10 AM by Serbian_Radical_Party »

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 08:41:26 AM »
Brother Spectator,

I understand your point. But this is only a theoretical situation. I don't think there were many Serbs who converted to Judaism, personally I never heard about it.

I believe Belgrade rabbi was born a Serb.

Offline Mehmetce

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2009, 08:53:57 AM »

First, let me ask you, if I can, why did you join JTF? Are you a fanatical secularist or something?
We see from your post a great example of Turkish viewpoint on our situation. And it shows, that you can't really understand it. The truth is, there are many Turks of serbian origin in Istanbul, for example, a lot of your basketball players have serbian ancestry, like Hedo Turkoglu and Mirsad Turkcan. But, their ancestors were calling themselves Turks from the point of conversion. There were not many "real" Turks in Serbia and Bosnia, we were ruled by our muslim "brothers". That's where the hate comes from. They are of serbian blood, language... but their G-d is different, and that difference was crucial. I can't explain it, that wasn't the situation with other nations in the Balkans, especially with Albanians. To them, religion was never important, they were converting for pragmatic reasons, and christians and muslims there are still being considered one people.

Some journalists asked Hidayet Turkoglu wheter or not he is a Serb.He replied back and said he is relgiously  and with his flesh and bone a Turk.He doesn't accept to be Serb.
Mirsad Turkcan did the same after a match between Serbia-Turkey.He said some of serbian players insulted him  during the play and asked him why he plays for the turks while he is serbian,he said he was never serbian to the players.Well obviously it's unreasonable for him to say he is not serb while he could speak and understand the serbian with the players in the match.I dunno how many times should I tell it?
EVEN THERE ARE SOME SERBS IN TURKEY CURRENTLY THEY DON'T SAY THIS .IT IS PROBABLY THEY ARE ASHAMED OF THE WAR İN 1990S AND THE TURKISH MEDIA WHO SHOWED SERBS AS THE EVIL.
I don't have to explain why joined to JTF while It can easily be understood.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2009, 09:12:21 AM »
Some journalists asked Hidayet Turkoglu wheter or not he is a Serb.He replied back and said he is relgiously  and with his flesh and bone a Turk.He doesn't accept to be Serb.
Mirsad Turkcan did the same after a match between Serbia-Turkey.He said some of serbian players insulted him  during the play and asked him why he plays for the turks while he is serbian,he said he was never serbian to the players.Well obviously it's unreasonable for him to say he is not serb while he could speak and understand the serbian with the players in the match.I dunno how many times should I tell it?
EVEN THERE ARE SOME SERBS IN TURKEY CURRENTLY THEY DON'T SAY THIS .IT IS PROBABLY THEY ARE ASHAMED OF THE WAR İN 1990S AND THE TURKISH MEDIA WHO SHOWED SERBS AS THE EVIL.
I don't have to explain why joined to JTF while It can easily be understood.

You summed it up well. Turkoglu and Turkcan are genetically Serbs, but not spiritually, and therefore they cannot be Serbs. That's something SRP refuses to accept.
They are not ashamed of their ancestry because of the wars in the '90s. They haven't been Serbs for the last 400 years.
And if you're not Turkish Jew, I don't understand why you would want to be here, sorry.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2009, 09:36:21 AM »
Voojoo

Do not make me upset.
I am tolerant, but do not spread lies about me. Even you must have your limitations.

I already confirmed on this topic that Serbs who abandoned Orthodoxy are not spiritually Serbs, but only genetically.

I will repeat my quote...
Brother Spectator,

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 10:55:28 AM by Serbian_Radical_Party »

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2009, 09:52:28 AM »
Voojoo

Do not make me angry.
I am tolerant, but do not spread lies about me. Even you must have your limitations.

I already confirmed on this topic that Serbs who abandoned Orthodoxy are not spiritually Serbs, but only genetically.

Spading lies against me, can make me extremely angry!

I will repeat my quote...
Brother Spectator,

And I said
and therefore they cannot be Serbs. That's something SRP refuses to accept.
You said they can be Serbs regardless of their religion. Spirit is more important than genes.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2009, 10:54:41 AM »
And there fore they can not be Serbs?

This way of thinking contributed to the assimilation of Catholic and Muslim Serbs, who became weapons of the Turkish Empire and the Austro-Hungarian Empires - after they finally abandoned the Serbian religion and nation. The Orthodox Serbs did not do everything in order to stop the assimilation of other Serbs.
We did not have a good strategy.

I completely understand that it is not good to accept the religion of your conquerors. I condemn that, but we can at least recognize the fact that these people are genetically Serbs. You are right that Serbs belong in the Orthodox church and that Orthodoxy is the only place for Serbs. I agree, but it is not in the interest of the Serbian nation to assimilate some Serbs in new nations.

Of course Serbs should be genetically and spiritually Serbian, but it is also the responsibility of Orthodox Serbs to prevent the alienation of Catholic and Muslim Serbs from their Orthodox relatives.

If we managed to keep Muslim and Catholic Serbs in the Serbian name, than many of them would be convinced that other powers have forced them to stop being Serbs.

I agree that Orthodoxy is the place where Serbs belong, but I do not agree that Catholic and Muslim Serbs must be banned from the Serbian name.   

Offline Jakov

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2009, 10:57:32 AM »
Make love not war... :-*