Author Topic: Serbs in Turkey  (Read 56825 times)

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
Re: Serbs in Turkey
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2009, 11:03:24 AM »
why Serbs are the cause of each World War I and World War II ?Or if isn't why so many people claim that?

Who says the Serbs caused WW2? I think you might have confused Serbs with Germans.

Also, if you've ever taken a history course or actually bothered to do some actual research, you'd realize that the assissination of the Duke triggered the series of events which led up to the start of WWI but there are many reasons which explain why the war broke out and why it turned into a large scale war. If you say that the Serbs or Gavrilo Princip are the reasons for WWI, most historians will tell you you're wrong.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2009, 11:17:05 AM »
And there fore they can not be Serbs?

This way of thinking contributed to the assimilation of Catholic and Muslim Serbs, who became weapons of the Turkish Empire and the Austro-Hungarian Empires - after they finally abandoned the Serbian religion and nation. The Orthodox Serbs did not do everything in order to stop the assimilation of other Serbs.
We did not have a good strategy.

I completely understand that it is not good to accept the religion of your conquerors. I condemn that, but we can at least recognize the fact that these people are genetically Serbs. You are right that Serbs belong in the Orthodox church and that Orthodoxy is the only place for Serbs. I agree, but it is not in the interest of the Serbian nation to assimilate some Serbs in new nations.

Of course Serbs should be genetically and spiritually Serbian, but it is also the responsibility of Orthodox Serbs to prevent the alienation of Catholic and Muslim Serbs from their Orthodox relatives.

If we managed to keep Muslim and Catholic Serbs in the Serbian name, than many of them would be convinced that other powers have forced them to stop being Serbs.

I agree that Orthodoxy is the place where Serbs belong, but I do not agree that Catholic and Muslim Serbs must be banned from the Serbian name.   
You make it sound like we are to blame for them not being Serbs anymore. That's twisting of our entire history upside down. They deserted their own people, and they must ask to return. Like Kusturica. It took a great deal of courage for him to become a Serb again, and it has to be respected.
I've said it before, stop reading Seselj's books, and start reading beautiful epic serbian poetry.

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2009, 11:30:12 AM »
The truth is, there are many Turks of serbian origin in Istanbul, for example, a lot of your basketball players have serbian ancestry, like Hedo Turkoglu and Mirsad Turkcan. But, their ancestors were calling themselves Turks from the point of conversion.

I thought Turkoglu was a pure Turk who grew up in Serbia.

Offline Serbian_Radical_Party

• Full JTFer
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2009, 11:32:14 AM »
You make it sound like we are to blame for them not being Serbs anymore. That's twisting of our entire history upside down. They deserted their own people, and they must ask to return. Like Kusturica. It took a great deal of courage for him to become a Serb again, and it has to be respected.
I've said it before, stop reading Seselj's books, and start reading beautiful epic serbian poetry.

What? Do not twist my words to your advantage.
Secondly you are not going to dictate what I must read or not.

Being Orthodox does not mean that you are automatically saved.
As long as you live, you can fall from the truth. It is for you easy to judge people!
According to you Orthodox Serbs have no responsibility? Being arrogant and judging people like that, is not Orthodox behavior! Not at all. Please look first at your self.

Look at Fikret Abdic he is Muslim, but he was loyal to Serbs. Whole Western-Bosnia was pro-Serbian. Open your eyes and do not judge other people like that!

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2009, 11:41:43 AM »
SRP, what is the official attitude of Seselj's party to the fact that Muslim and Catholic Serbs have a religion other than Serbian Orthodox? Do Radicals want to return them to the Orthodoxy or they agree to view Serbian people as multi-religional?
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

• Full JTFer
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2009, 11:50:50 AM »
SRP, what is the official attitude of Seselj's party to the fact that Muslim and Catholic Serbs have a religion other than Serbian Orthodox? Do Radicals want to return them to the Orthodoxy or they agree to view Serbian people as multi-religional?

Seselj says that we must not allow the abandoning of Serbian Muslims, Serbian Catholics, Serbian Atheists and other Serbs from Serbian name. If they leave the Serbian name, than foreign powers will assimilate them in new nations. These new nations [who live among us] we be weapons of foreign powers who attempt to invade our territories.
Seselj claims that we must convince them others forced them to abandon the Serbian name and religion.
This is to me the most responsible attitude.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2009, 11:51:54 AM »

What? Do not twist my words to your advantage.
Secondly you are not going to dictate what I must read or not.

Being Orthodox does not mean that you are automatically saved.
As long as you live, you can fall from the truth. It is for you easy to judge people!
According to you Orthodox Serbs have no responsibility? Being arrogant and judging people like that, is not Orthodox behavior! Not at all. Please look first at your self.

Look at Fikret Abdic he is Muslim, but he was loyal to Serbs. Whole Western-Bosnia was pro-Serbian. Open your eyes and do not judge other people like that!
Look brother, this is simply not a forum for you. We don't like muslims here and they are not our brothers.

Ферат Зачир, кавазбаша

Јок, сердаре, не угађеш путом!
    Вјера турска поднијет не може
    да се хаба докле глава скочи.
    Иако је земља поузана,
    двије вјере могу се сложити,
    ка у сахан што се чорбе слажу.
    Ми живимо као досад братски,
    па љубови више не требује.

Кнез Јанко

Бисмо, Турци, али се не може!
    Смијешна је ова наша љубав.
    Грдно нам се очи сусретају,
    не могу се братски погледати,
    но крвнички и некако дивље:
    очи зборе што им вели срце.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2009, 11:53:33 AM »
Look brother, this is simply not a forum for you. We don't like muslims here and they are not our brothers.

Only you think like that.
Other participators do not support this? Do they?

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2009, 11:56:34 AM »

Seselj says that we must not allow the abandoning of Serbian Muslims, Serbian Catholics, Serbian Atheists and other Serbs from Serbian name. If they get banned from the Serbian name, than foreign powers will assimilate them in new nations. These new nations [who live among us] we be weapons of foreign powers who attempt to invade our territories.
Seselj claims that we must convince them others forced them to abandon the Serbian name and religion.
Only an idiot can believe in this. They've been in another nations for hundreds of years and committed terrible genocides against us.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2009, 11:58:10 AM »

Yes, they do. If you can read english, you'll see that nobody here accepts Islam.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »
The truth is, there are many Turks of serbian origin in Istanbul, for example, a lot of your basketball players have serbian ancestry, like Hedo Turkoglu and Mirsad Turkcan. But, their ancestors were calling themselves Turks from the point of conversion.

I thought Turkoglu was a pure Turk who grew up in Serbia.
No, he was born in Istanbul. He learned some Serbian(or maybe Bosnian) from his grandparents. His real last name is Turkovic, I think.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2009, 12:02:38 PM »
They do not want to accept Islam. Of course I know that they do not want to become Muslims. The fact that they do not want to become Muslims, does not mean that they hate all Muslims?

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »

Seselj says that we must not allow the abandoning of Serbian Muslims, Serbian Catholics, Serbian Atheists and other Serbs from Serbian name. If they leave the Serbian name, than foreign powers will assimilate them in new nations. These new nations [who live among us] we be weapons of foreign powers who attempt to invade our territories.

I understand but how is he going to do that? They will certainly reject his claims as propaganda against their nation-states. They already have their rewritten versions of history which surely states they always existed as unique nations. Moreover, their sense of national difference from Serbs is amplified by their religions (Catholicism and Islam). Is he going to have religious and historical disputes with them?
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2009, 12:08:59 PM »
They do not want to accept Islam. Of course I know that they do not want to become Muslims. The fact that they do not want to become Muslims, does not mean that they hate all Muslims?
Hate and non-acceptance are two different things. I don't have hate for them, but I would still wipe out Islam from my country.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »
Hate and non-acceptance are two different things. I don't have hate for them, but I would still wipe out Islam from my country.

So do I. I don't care if they choose to practice Islam in their states but they should not be allowed to impose Islam on the others.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2009, 12:13:07 PM »
It seems that you think to have the right to ethnically cleanse certain people..
Vojoo you are right, this place is indeed nothing for me..

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2009, 12:15:01 PM »

SRP, you are an intelligent man but I don't understand your way of thinking. You really believe that Bosnian Muslims are our brothers? They hate us. They want nothing to do with Serbs. They honor Islam. The reason why I'm in Canada right now is because the Muslims drove us out of our own country, burned down our villages and killed our people. Why do you have this compassionate attitude towards them?

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2009, 12:15:34 PM »
It seems that you think to have the right to ethnically cleanse certain people..
Goodbye brother, I hope you'll come to your senses one day.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2009, 12:22:34 PM »
SRP, you are an intelligent man but I don't understand your way of thinking. You really believe that Bosnian Muslims are our brothers? They hate us. They want nothing to do with Serbs. They honor Islam. The reason why I'm in Canada right now is because the Muslims drove us out of our own country, burned down our villages and killed our people. Why do you have this compassionate attitude towards them?

Look this  makes me very upset!
I never SAID BOSNIAN MUSLIMS ARE OUR BROTHERS!

WHERE DID I SAY THAT?

• Full JTFer
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2009, 12:25:52 PM »

I do not want to talk with people who support ethnic cleansing.
I was victim of ethnic cleansing and I do not want to talk with people who have this kind of ideas!

Please do not twists my words and do not say that I claim that Croats and Bosnians Muslims are our brothers..

If I claim that it is positive to see that Serbian Muslims of Turkey do not support assimilation of ex-Serbs, than you can not SAY THAT I THINK THAT BOSNIAN MUSLIMS ARE OUR BROTHERS!

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2009, 12:31:57 PM »

I do not want to talk with people who support ethnic cleansing.
I was victim of ethnic cleansing and I do not want to talk with people who have this kind of ideas!

Please do not twists my words and do not say that I claim that Croats and Bosnians Muslims are our brothers..

If I claim that it is positive to see that Serbian Muslims of Turkey do not support assimilation of ex-Serbs, than you can not SAY THAT I THINK THAT BOSNIAN MUSLIMS ARE OUR BROTHERS!

But you are doing the same thing you accuse your opponents in: you twist their words to your advantage!

Vujo said "wipe out Islam" which does not necessarily mean expel all Muslims. You are jumping to conclusions too fast.

Offline Serbian Canadian

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2009, 12:36:27 PM »
You're right, you never said that but I was quoting voo-yoo when he said "they are not our brothers". You replied "only you think that".

I'm not accusing you of anything.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2009, 12:38:38 PM »
Spectator

I am not doing that. It seems that you are not being honnest to your self.
You think expelling Muslims is solution, than you must have the courage to express that opinion.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2009, 12:50:56 PM »
What is the point of this sentence?
Spectator

I am not doing that. It seems that you are not being honnest to your self.
You think expelling Muslims is solution, than you must have the courage to express that opinion.
Of course. This is a kahanist forum. Kahanist Jews want to expel muslims from Israel. You're the only one who doesn't understand this.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2009, 12:53:50 PM »
Than he must have the courage to admit that like you..