Author Topic: please pray I can find a decent, honorable, contractor who has integrity, thanks  (Read 2728 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
I know i am a problem child.... :::D

The contractor who PROMISED to show up yesterday, then today DID NOT SHOW UP.....

I need someone to put plastic over the windows here (it is getting cold right by this river).....

He lied... >:(

thanks for praying...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Do you believe in the tooth fairy?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
No, I don't.

The one who was supposed to help me, did not show up yesterday OR today...

What is wrong with these people?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
No, I don't.

The one who was supposed to help me, did not show up yesterday OR today...

What is wrong with these people?

Im sorry for the joke... I know it is not funny to you... I am very sorry that the people you have contracted have let you down... You should give them one more chance but then you should find someone reliable to do the job. It is terrible that people will give their word and renege on it.

I hope that you are keeping warm...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline GWallenberg

• Junior JTFer
    • Jewish World Review
Not keeping an appointment is both a waste of time for you and an act of disrespect on his part, IMO. I hate that. Ask around town for someone that is actually willing to work for money.

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
Do it yourself.......it's easy. You can buy different kits at Lowe's/ Home Depot ( they even have workshops for different projects)  for your window sizes and follow the directions. I think most of them now you take a blow dryer to the plastic to tighten it up. If you still think you can't do it, don't waste your money on any guy! Call rent a husband.  :o
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
Yeah, but I needed someone to do it, im still unpacking and painting. I dont have a ladder either.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Yeah, but I needed someone to do it, im still unpacking and painting. I dont have a ladder either.
May I ask if there's a man in the home?

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
my son is the only man, he is 14.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer

You can rent a ladder at rentals places but word of caution if you want to rent a big machine take a guy with you. I wanted to rent a big tiller or a sod remover( I forget) and they told me I wouldn't be able to handle their machine, so I came back with my sons but you know who did all the work!!! All they did was turn it for me.  >:(
Hasta La Vista Baby!

• Ultimate JTFer

Wish I could help you, Hanna....shame you're not in my city...

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
I could pay someone to do the windows for me and not have to do anything, that is what i need to do. Sorry, I can't haul a ladder, I just got injured on Thanksgiving day pretty bad.

You can rent a ladder at rentals places but word of caution if you want to rent a big machine take a guy with you. I wanted to rent a big tiller or a sod remover( I forget) and they told me I wouldn't be able to handle their machine, so I came back with my sons but you know who did all the work!!! All they did was turn it for me.  >:(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
oh thankyou Mo, that is really sweet of you.

Wish I could help you, Hanna....shame you're not in my city...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
The best way is get a referral from someone you trust and ask for at least three references from the contractor as well. Check the references before you hire them. If the references don't give perfect glowing reviews move on to the next one.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
Ok, but I just moved here and I got a contractor from my real estate agent who I can't even get receipts from work he did, from.....it also took me 6 months to get money back from this guy who promised to have someone install a garage door, which never got done. that is the main problem, not knowing anyone to begin with...

oh, he just called and will be over this morning.... :dance:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:02:00 AM by ~Hanna~ »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Ultimate JTFer
I could pay someone to do the windows for me and not have to do anything, that is what i need to do. Sorry, I can't haul a ladder, I just got injured on Thanksgiving day pretty bad.

What happened are you okay?

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
Ok, but I just moved here and I got a contractor from my real estate agent who I can't even get receipts from work he did, from.....it also took me 6 months to get money back from this guy who promised to have someone install a garage door, which never got done. that is the main problem, not knowing anyone to begin with...

Hanna if he doesn't work out go to Lowes they will help you and it will get done right.
Hasta La Vista Baby!

• Ultimate JTFer

Hanna if he doesn't work out go to Lowes they will help you and it will get done right.
Yes, Lowes, Home Depot, or any homeless person  :)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
Oh, If I'd had a video camera, I could have made a comedy...

We were eating at someone's house and I needed to let the dog out of the car to go pee...big huge mistake. there was alot of mud and it had been raining......

I ended up falling backwards, with my feet flying in the air..... :dance: getting the wind knocked out of me...then the dog came and would not stop licking me...then I ended up chasing her around the yard, before she ran into the forest......

it was exciting at the moment, but i hurt alot all week.....i pulled some muscles....

owie...

im ok now, thanks for asking.

;D

What happened are you okay?
:dance:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
I  will try Lowe's, Home depot is rude....

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Ultimate JTFer

Home Depot was rude? That's so racist  :::D

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
Yes, rather poor customer service....they don't like helping you....(me)....act like you are bothering them, when it should be their job.

Home Depot was rude? That's so racist  :::D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
Wow, thanks to everyone who prayed, things are working out, I just need to keep looking up, and not down.... :dance:

I called someone who came out and did some work for me before I moved in...he is being really helpful. :dance:

Im getting some electrical upgrades this weekend and the heating guy is coming out this next week, too.

God is looking out for me....

Yesterday, I even went outside to see my miniature rose bush with one rosebud (it was not there before or I did not notice it, but i am out there ten or more times a day) God sends me roses, once in awhile, just to remind me of His love for me...I'm serious, this is not joke. My son is flabbergasted by this...

I am not making it up....I have been walking in the neighborhood or on a sidewalk somewhere and a rose will be in my path, laying there and no bushes anywhere...things like that, amazing...

:)

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Ultimate JTFer
Wow, thanks to everyone who prayed, things are working out, I just need to keep looking up, and not down.... :dance:

I called someone who came out and did some work for me before I moved in...he is being really helpful. :dance:

Im getting some electrical upgrades this weekend and the heating guy is coming out this next week, too.

G-d is looking out for me....

Yesterday, I even went outside to see my miniature rose bush with one rosebud (it was not there before or I did not notice it, but i am out there ten or more times a day) G-d sends me roses, once in awhile, just to remind me of His love for me...I'm serious, this is not joke. My son is flabbergasted by this...

I am not making it up....I have been walking in the neighborhood or on a sidewalk somewhere and a rose will be in my path, laying there and no bushes anywhere...things like that, amazing...

:)

:soldier: