Author Topic: please pray I can find a decent, honorable, contractor who has integrity, thanks  (Read 2726 times)

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
Wow, thanks to everyone who prayed, things are working out, I just need to keep looking up, and not down.... :dance:

I called someone who came out and did some work for me before I moved in...he is being really helpful. :dance:

Im getting some electrical upgrades this weekend and the heating guy is coming out this next week, too.

G-d is looking out for me....

Yesterday, I even went outside to see my miniature rose bush with one rosebud (it was not there before or I did not notice it, but i am out there ten or more times a day) G-d sends me roses, once in awhile, just to remind me of His love for me...I'm serious, this is not joke. My son is flabbergasted by this...

I am not making it up....I have been walking in the neighborhood or on a sidewalk somewhere and a rose will be in my path, laying there and no bushes anywhere...things like that, amazing...

:)

I'm happy for you Hanna...........it's nice when God loves us like that. Keep your eyes on Him & not what's going on around you.........it's all about trust.   ;D
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Wow, thanks to everyone who prayed, things are working out, I just need to keep looking up, and not down.... :dance:

I called someone who came out and did some work for me before I moved in...he is being really helpful. :dance:

Im getting some electrical upgrades this weekend and the heating guy is coming out this next week, too.

G-d is looking out for me....

Yesterday, I even went outside to see my miniature rose bush with one rosebud (it was not there before or I did not notice it, but i am out there ten or more times a day) G-d sends me roses, once in awhile, just to remind me of His love for me...I'm serious, this is not joke. My son is flabbergasted by this...

I am not making it up....I have been walking in the neighborhood or on a sidewalk somewhere and a rose will be in my path, laying there and no bushes anywhere...things like that, amazing...

:)

Hashem is close to those who call him, to those who call to him sincerely...

Va'ani Tefillah

Nosein l'beheimah lachmah livnei oriev asher yikrau.
He gives the animal its food and to the young of the Raven that for which they cry out.

Interestingly, in reference to beheimah, animal, David Hamelech speaks in the singular, while concerning the raven, he reverts to the plural. Why is this? Horav Tzvi Hirsch Halevi Horwitz, zl, author of the Lachmei Todah, cites Chazal's famous dictum, "One who prays for his friend will be answered first." This means that if two people are in need, and one of them-- instead of thinking of himself-- prays first for his friend, he will be answered first. This may be interpreted into the pasuk, "Hashem is close to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him sincerely." At first glance, the text is redundant, since it could have stated simply, "Hashem is close to all who call upon Him sincerely."

Horav Tzvi Hirsch Halevi suggests that the first part of the pasuk refers to those righteous Jews who pray for others. They ask Hashem to listen to their pleas on behalf of others, so that they will be answered first. This is ratified by those "who call upon him sincerely." Rather than pray for themselves directly, they pray for others, so that they will be answered. This pasuk is followed by, "He performs the will of those who fear Him." Hashem listens to these righteous, fulfilling their needs first, and afterwards, "He hears the cries "(of others)." This may be the reason that bnei oreiv, ravens, are mentioned in the plural. Ravens care very much for one another. Thus, when they "pray"/cry out to Hashem, it is not personal, but for one another. Since they are praying for each other, each individual raven is first answered concerning its own needs. They are mentioned in the plural, because their prayer is a "team effort."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Praying
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
thankyou Penny, you are so correct...

thankyou Muman, yes, that was enlightening, I learned something new...wow

thankyou wolfie...I appreciate it.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
oh, sorry, and Mo,...... :soldier: to you, also...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל