Author Topic: excerpt from recent Tony Blankley piece that parrots my thinking  (Read 895 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
excerpt from recent Tony Blankley piece that parrots my thinking
« on: December 10, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
Frankly, I have no idea if there's any concensus about Tony Blankley on this forum, but his thinking matches spot-on with mine about Obama in Afghanistan.  For sake of brevity, I'll include only the very end of a recent piece from Blankley.  My only argument with this piece is that Blankley failed to make clear another important reason for just getting out:  The inevitable failure in Afghanistan following a half-hearted effort by Obama will really embolden the Muzzies.  I suppose that Blankley was getting there somewhat cryptically when he wrote (paraphrase), 'We'll need our troops at home after Obama fails in Afghanistan'.  I regret to say that I believe this to be true.

Obama's Exit Strategy to Die For

Monday, November 30, 2009 10:36 AM

By: Tony Blankley
 Article Font Size 

If the Taliban and al-Qaida retake Afghanistan, the world (and America) will have hell to pay for the consequences. But this president and this White House do not have it in them to lead our troops to victory in Afghanistan. So they shouldn't try. The price will be high for whatever foreign policy failures we will endure in the next three years. Let's not add to that price the pointless murder of our finest young troops in a war their leader does not believe in.

Bring them home. We'll need them later.

et

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Re: excerpt from recent Tony Blankley piece that parrots my thinking
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 10:29:47 PM »
I'm afraid I have to agree with you on this one. I'm so sad for all the lives that will be lost in this. :'(
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane