Author Topic: DNA testing begins to see if Pashtuns are descendant of Jews  (Read 10837 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
DNA testing begins to see if Pashtuns are descendant of Jews
« on: January 10, 2010, 06:44:55 AM »
Lets hope this is true then these Qurananimals might kill themselves :laugh: :laugh:     

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1262339436797&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull   

Are the Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan descendants of an Israelite tribe that migrated across Asia after it was exiled over 2,700 years ago?
A former Taliban militant...

A former Taliban militant covers his face during a ceremony in which weapons were handed over to the Afghan government in the city of Herat province west of Kabul, Afghanistan.
Photo: AP [file]
SLIDESHOW: Israel & Region  |  World

This intriguing question has been asked by a variety of scholars, theologians, anthropologists and pundits over the years, but has remained somewhere between the realms of amateur speculation and serious academic research.

But now, for the first time, the government has shown official interest, with the Foreign Ministry providing a scholarship to an Indian scientist to come to the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa and determine whether or not the tribe that provides the hard core of today's Taliban has a blood link to any of the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel, and specifically to the tribe of Efraim.

Shahnaz Ali, a senior research fellow at the National Institute of Immunohaematology, Mumbai, has joined the Technion to study the blood samples that she collected from Afridi Pathans in Malihabad, in the Lucknow district, Uttar Pradesh state, India, to check their putative Israelite origin.
RELATED

* Read Amir Mizroch's blog

Shahnaz, an expert in DNA profiling and population genetics, will be supervised by Prof. Karl Skorecki, director of Nephrology and Molecular Medicine at the Technion Faculty of Medicine. Skorecki is famous for his breakthrough work on Jewish genetic research.

Shahnaz's research, which is expected to last anywhere between three months and a year, will be supported by a scholarship from the Foreign Ministry for the 2009-2010 academic year.

Shahnaz, who is staying in Haifa for the duration of her research, earlier worked at the prestigious Central Forensic Science Laboratory, Kolkata (formerly Calcutta). While the scholarship only provides her with $600 per month (excluding travel to and from India), her work will be followed closely by many here and abroad.

While the vast majority of Afghan Taliban are Pashtun, the largest ethnic group in Afghanistan, the theory that they are descendants of the Afridi Pathans is widespread in the area. The theory is based on a variety of ancient historical texts and oral traditions of the Pashtun people themselves, but no scientific studies by any accredited organizations have upheld the claim. It continues to be believed by many Pashtuns, and has found advocates among some contemporary Muslim and (to a lesser extent) Jewish scholars.

Official confirmation of the link by the Technion would lend immense weight to the argument. Afridi Pathans have an age-old tradition of Israelite origin, which finds mention in texts dating from the 10th century to the present day, written by Jewish, Christian and Muslim scholars.

According to some researchers, members of the tribe still observe many Israelite customs in their native places in eastern Afghanistan and in the federally administered tribal areas of Pakistan's North West Frontier Province, though they have lost all these traditions of theirs in India. In Afghanistan and Pakistan they are all Muslim today and form the core of theTaliban.

In his 1957 The Exiled and the Redeemed, Itzhak Ben-Zvi, Israel's second president, wrote that Hebrew migrations into Afghanistan began "with a sprinkling of exiles from Samaria who had been transplanted there by Shalmaneser, king of Assyria (719 BC)."

Zahir Shah, the last king of Afghanistan, when asked about his ancestors, claimed that the royal family descended from the tribe of Benjamin.

On the academic level, British researcher Dr. Theodore Parfitt has been conducting research on genetic effects and chromosome Y among numerous tribes around the world. In India he is assisted by a young researcher from the University of Lucknow - Dr. Navras Afreedi - who claims that his ancestors were Afreedi, descendants of the tribe of Efraim, and that many of the Pathans and other tribes are descendants of the Ten Tribes. Afreedi did his post-doctoral work at Tel Aviv University, titled "Indian Jewry and the Self-professed Lost Tribes of Israel in India."

Shahnaz's genetic research would examine Navras's theory that Afridi Pathans are descendants of the tribe of Ephraim, which was exiled in 721 BCE. The research uses DNA analysis to trace shared ancestries and origins of certain populations of interest in the eastern provinces of India, to map the cause of a certain disorder that is very frequent in the large populations of those provinces, and to see if the DNA mutations originate in a certain "founder event."

Shahnaz traveled to Malihabad and collected blood samples from the tribal population there. It is thought that the Afridi Pathans migrated from the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan, areas that are now "ground zero" in the war on terror. Shahnaz herself, while aware of the possible connection, is cautious to jump to conclusions.

"The research itself will take some three months, and after that we'll see what happens. It could take a huge amount of time to analyze all the data, as it was taken from tribal people in India, and we will need to examine how much the men from this tribe mixed in with the local population," she said.

Navras welcomed Shahnaz's research grant. "It's a great news that now my research would be analyzed scientifically," he said on his blog.

"I don't know what would be the outcome of the DNA analysis, but it would provide us a direction to resolve the complex issue. I also hope that such effort will have positive ramifications and will bring the Muslims and Jews close and enable them to forget historical animosity," Navras wrote.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: DNA testing begins to see if Pashtuns are descendant of Jews
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 08:00:50 AM »
While this might be an interesting subject it doesn't surprise me how self hating Jews try to connect their jewishness with the taliban or ahmadinejad.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 08:26:18 AM »
This is so not true. Jews do not have any connection Muslim nazi scum in Afghanistan or Pakistan.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 10:13:29 AM »
I'd like to know if any of this is true or not, but the only way to know that is through studies just like this one. We of course have a very disgusted emotional reaction to the idea. After all we hate the Taliban. However just because they're horrible people doesn't mean their ancestors might not have been something interesting like this.  Evidence will tell the truth.

Is there something in Jewish Scripture or tradition that would indicate that the "lost tribes" would still be alive and distinct? Why would God allow them to fall into Islam if that were the case?

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 11:37:13 AM »
This study may only increase the genetic knowledge and their distances. It may not be changing anything else. The hearts of Taliban and muslam have genetically converted in to stones and nothing substantial can be expected out of them.   
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 03:08:03 PM »
This study may only increase the genetic knowledge and their distances. It may not be changing anything else. The hearts of Taliban and muslam have genetically converted in to stones and nothing substantial can be expected out of them.   

Of cause you are right. Sad but true.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 03:15:41 PM »
Pashtun are pretty different looking from most pakistan/afghanistan peoples, they have very European looking features. There were many Jews that were forced to convert to Islam so it's possible they may have some ancestry. Not all people from Pakistan or Afghanistan are muslim, I know someone from Afghanistan who is Pashtun and claims to be from one of the lost tribes of Israel, he is not muslim.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 03:40:25 PM »

White Israelite, I love that image in your signature of the lion with the Ark and Menorah, it's beautiful.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »
It is predicted that lost tribes will be re-gathered. Maybe this is how they will be regathered - through genetic testing?

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 01:38:32 AM »
I can not say why but Pashtuns were always natural friends of India, till they were influenced by Taliban and Pakistan.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 05:26:33 AM »
There are probably some muslims today who have Jewish ancestry. Afterall, the muslims forced many people to convert and those who didn't got the honor of watching their wife being raped before themselves being cut to pieces for allah.
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 07:17:12 AM »
Conversion to muslam itself was perhaps the worst rape possible on the souls.

However I still feel that muslamics should have been provided with some exclusive chromosome Z not available in human and unable to multiply like a mule or Hinny.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 11:54:15 AM »
Ok, now i want my Jewish friends to read this..

There were Pashtuns living in india during the 18th Century, who allied with the Great Maratha Hindu Kingdom/Warriors and waged war against the Colonial British. The British under Lord Hastings, wanted to eliminate the Pindaris (Pashtuns of India). And they found help from Maratha Hindu warriors. The pandharis were only few, but were very powerful with war techniques (similar to what was seen in the movie 300).

The Pindaris were not following islam, Indian muslim historicans claim Pindaris were Muslims. But they certainly were not. No muslim would have even allied with the Maratha Kingdoms(who were always against Islamists). Pindharis did, so they definetly were not Muslims. They had some different culture, which was hard to explain.

Now that i know Pashtuns have Jewish heritage, it once again confirms why Hindus and Jews are natural allies.

Here the link, if anyone wants more info our Pashtuns of India: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pindari
"The Pindaris were an irregular Afghan or Pathan or Pashtun people, who were dispersed throughout the Maratha states and were countenanced and protected by the Maratha chiefs to whom they were invaluable as agents for supplying all the commissariat required by their armies"

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 01:38:36 PM »
Now that i know Pashtuns have Jewish heritage, it once again confirms why Hindus and Jews are natural allies.

They might have Jewish heritage. It's not known yet. Let's wait for the result of the DNA testing.

Offline pashtungirl

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 08:36:19 AM »
Ok, now i want my Jewish friends to read this..

There were Pashtuns living in india during the 18th Century, who allied with the Great Maratha Hindu Kingdom/Warriors and waged war against the Colonial British. The British under Lord Hastings, wanted to eliminate the Pindaris (Pashtuns of India). And they found help from Maratha Hindu warriors. The pandharis were only few, but were very powerful with war techniques (similar to what was seen in the movie 300).

The Pindaris were not following islam, Indian muslim historicans claim Pindaris were Muslims. But they certainly were not. No muslim would have even allied with the Maratha Kingdoms(who were always against Islamists). Pindharis did, so they definetly were not Muslims. They had some different culture, which was hard to explain.

Here the link, if anyone wants more info our Pashtuns of India: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pindari
"The Pindaris were an irregular Afghan or Pathan or Pashtun people, who were dispersed throughout the Maratha states and were countenanced and protected by the Maratha chiefs to whom they were invaluable as agents for supplying all the commissariat required by their armies"
dude u got no idea what are u talking we are not  pindharis or whateva it is we pashtun are ancient greek tribe called parthians we come from greek not israel
:-* i believe in peace:-)
If u want peace u dont talk 2 ur friends
You talk 2 ur enemies

Offline pashtungirl

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 08:57:54 AM »
Pashtun are pretty different looking from most pakistan/afghanistan peoples, they have very European looking features. There were many Jews that were forced to convert to Islam so it's possible they may have some ancestry. Not all people from Pakistan or Afghanistan are muslim, I know someone from Afghanistan who is Pashtun and claims to be from one of the lost tribes of Israel, he is not muslim.
true im pashtun got red hair and light brown eyes while ma brothers and sisters are blonde even ma dad and ma mum just like me red and even if u visit northwest pakistan and southern afghanistan u wouldn't believe that u are in asia
You talk 2 ur enemies

Offline pashtungirl

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 09:06:24 AM »
Conversion to muslam itself was perhaps the worst rape possible on the souls.

However I still feel that muslamics should have been provided with some exclusive chromosome Z not available in human and unable to multiply like a mule or Hinny.
u are  so rude dude how old are u? we are all humans so we should love each other instead of hating and ever1 got the right what they choice 2 follow and what they want 2 do
peace that's all we need is love not hate and we pashtuns are not all talis and sec we pashtun don't like other people 2 tell us what 2 do or rule in our country so thats why we are fighting against american coz we don't want them 2 rule on us and would u live in ur own country under others rule who don't belong 2 ur country ?
You talk 2 ur enemies

Offline pashtungirl

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 09:12:22 AM »
This is so not true. Jews do not have any connection Muslim nazi scum in Afghanistan or Pakistan.
we are not interested in u either such disrespectful and ignorant person are u
You talk 2 ur enemies

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 12:30:38 PM »
It is safer to forget the pashtoons (pakhtoons) being the Jewish. Also they had to be much ancient people than Greeks and Alexander. So they can not be the children of Alexander and his army, however vice versa can be possible. To cut short the things, Pakthas (pashtoons/pakhtoons) were already mentioned in ancient veda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakthas

Offline pashtungirl

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 01:07:14 PM »
It is safer to forget the pashtoons (pakhtoons) being the Jewish. Also they had to be much ancient people than Greeks and Alexander. So they can not be the children of Alexander and his army, however vice versa can be possible. To cut short the things, Pakthas (pashtoons/pakhtoons) were already mentioned in ancient veda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakthas
Where did u get this information from and who wrote this artical about the pakhas?
You talk 2 ur enemies

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 01:28:52 PM »
Regardless of their current religion that they adopted after leaving Israel - they could always be encouraged to convert back to Judaism.

They are in a similar situation to Spanish Marranos, and many other 'lost Jews'.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »
Where did u get this information from and who wrote this artical about the pakhas?

This information has been available since thousands of years and then anybody could write about it.

Offline dimitry

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 01:39:52 PM »
The Pashtuns were Jews originally. But they were  then converted to other religions.

The same situation has happened to a lot of Jewish communities around the world.

If you look at the demographics of the American Jewish community now - they will probably no longer have any Jewish identity within 50 years or so. In a century, people will be talking about American Jews in the same way, as 'one of the lost tribes of Israel'.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:51:20 PM by dimitry »

Offline pashtungirl

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 06:48:42 PM »
Regardless of their current religion that they adopted after leaving Israel - they could always be encouraged to convert back to Judaism.

They are in a similar situation to Spanish Marranos, and many other 'lost Jews'.
Dont know really about religion sence im raised with athests but im muslim so if  udont mind asking what is judaism?
You talk 2 ur enemies

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 07:01:28 PM »
Dont know really about religion sence im raised with athests but im muslim so if  udont mind asking what is judaism?
How are you a Muslim? If you were raised by atheists?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.