Author Topic: This is a very great looking Jewish tattoo.  (Read 11576 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: This is a very great looking Jewish tattoo.
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 07:22:46 PM »
I think this thread was a bad idea from the start, but I don't see any principles or teachings that demonstrate that all tattoos are bad for everyone (i.e. Gentiles). I don't have any but many of my friends do and I can safely say that none of them have any pagan motivations. (These are Gentile friends, btw.)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 08:19:03 PM »
It is probably worth it to get it resurfaced and taken off.  I believe it is fairly expensive, but perhaps it is worth it given your feelings about it?
I think it would be worth paying for, unless it's like a million dollars, or some number I could not possibly earn at my rate of pay[I make $11 an hour, and I can't get more than part time ATM].  I should stop in to a shop I pass every day and get a quote.  At least before I have kids, that's truly the biggest thing.  Or I worry if I meet a nice Orthodox girl when I move to Israel, her parents...  I'm invested in being admirable to her parents as well, hopefully I gain a Torah scholar Father-in-law who actually enjoys spending time with his son-in-law [1st impressions are hard to get twice].

I can say to myself, "if it is expensive, at least I did not pay for the original work".  I really hope it's not just a bunch of bullcrap about these things really coming off 100%, the last thing I would want is to get uglier tattoos out of the deal.  I have seen a "cream" sold on TV for tattoo removal and it looks like it just ruins the tattoo, leaving just a blob of nebulous ink stain.

I passed the chance to go out on a romantic type date with a wonderful gorgeous Jewish girl because she has tattoos.  I thought about it a lot, but I really believe in Torah, at 31 years old, I felt dating her might be like going backwards.  Still good friends, of course, but Platonic.  Aside from that, I'm on a plan to move to Israel in less than two years.  I'm trying to get into shape so I can serve in the IDF.  I'm always in sort of good shape, but I will be 33 then, and most IDF are 18-21 I imagine. - If anyone has tattoo removal down to a science, perhaps the Israelis might!
I don't know a thing about tattoo's however I hear about this tattoo removal system advertised all the time.
http://www.wreckingbalm.com/
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 08:22:04 PM »
I think this thread was a bad idea from the start, but I don't see any principles or teachings that demonstrate that all tattoos are bad for everyone (i.e. Gentiles). I don't have any but many of my friends do and I can safely say that none of them have any pagan motivations. (These are Gentile friends, btw.)

I don't have any bad feelings toward people that have them but I don't think it's right or moral to do that to your body just to put a dragon or Mickey Mouse on your skin. I think people should be able to get cosmetic tattoos though like skin-colored tattoos to cover scars, or something like that.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 08:24:34 PM »
It is about the body/temple issue. It is written somewhere in first Corinthians. But also it is something that relates to paganist practics.
That verse is in specific reference to seeing prostitutes. There are no principles in Christian theology that forbid tattoos.

I think it imitates pagan religious practices and we shouldn't do it for that reason.
Exactly!!
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 08:50:45 PM »
I do have tattoos. I am a Gentile. A Jew must never get a tattoo. A Gentile can have them providing they have no relation to idol worship and no image , symbol or writting related to idolatry. They must also have no relation with Judaism or even secular aspects of the Israelite Nation, like Zionism for example.... ( if a Gentile had a "Jewish-like tattoo" ( hebrew writting, Maguen David, Zionist design and so on, he risks being taken for a Jew who has violated Hallacha, Gentiles must always avoid being taken for Jews, let alone for a sinner Jew). American army tattoos are ok for Gentiles according to Judaism (some Chistians forbid or discourage any tattoo).
But if a tattoo is done under bad sanitary conditions, endagering health ( risk of infection or trasmission of any disease) it's forbidden to everyone due to the mitzva against murder and suicide.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 08:56:09 PM by Raulmarrio2000 »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 10:30:57 PM »
I don't have any bad feelings toward people that have them but I don't think it's right or moral to do that to your body just to put a dragon or Mickey Mouse on your skin. I think people should be able to get cosmetic tattoos though like skin-colored tattoos to cover scars, or something like that.
What is wrong with a dragon or Mickey Mouse? People have the right to do what they want with their bodies, so long as nothing actually immoral takes place and they don't harm others. I am a lot more bothered by plastic surgery than tats.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 12:00:31 AM »
What is wrong with a dragon or Mickey Mouse? People have the right to do what they want with their bodies, so long as nothing actually immoral takes place and they don't harm others. I am a lot more bothered by plastic surgery than tats.

If you could go back to the days when the holy temple was still standing, would you have desecrated it with grafitti? Would you do so to the Western wall now? I don't think you would.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 12:19:29 AM »
I already explained to that Ulli that that verse refers to sexual immorality. Jesus said it is what comes out of a man, not what goes in (the superficial) that defiles him. Therefore there is no biblical principle against tattoos for Christians/Gentiles so long as they are not evil or inappropriate in nature.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 12:26:16 AM »
I already explained to that Ulli that that verse refers to sexual immorality. Jesus said it is what comes out of a man, not what goes in (the superficial) that defiles him. Therefore there is no biblical principle against tattoos for Christians/Gentiles so long as they are not evil or inappropriate in nature.

It's Christian belief that the Holy Spirit indwells us, so I think the body as a temple doctrine still stands.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 12:30:43 AM »
It's Christian belief that the Holy Spirit indwells us, so I think the body as a temple doctrine still stands.
This sounds like a faulty exegesis that has simply passed down through the ages. G-d doesn't want us doing sinful behaviors. Actions that affect the appearance only, and do not carry a moral weight one way or the other (i.e. do not promote skankiness, idolatry, evil, drug use, etc.) are by definition neutral.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 01:24:58 AM »
Rubystars, the verse you quoted especifically refers to sexual promiscuity with prostitutes. Whether one is Christian and takes it for a holy word or one is not Christian and so does not believe in the NT, that words show a great wisdom. For he that has sex with a prostitute becomes one flesh with her. Many men despises prostitutes and perhaps would not even befriend them in public on the other hand, they don't care about becoming spiritually one being with them. It's hypocrisy!
However, the motivation to get a tattoo, not a tattoo itself, sometimes expresses inner uncosnciuos craving foir frivolity and many other confused feelings ( true in my case). Therefore it's not very compatible with the Christian idea of the Holy Ghost dwelling in one's body. And for a non-Christian Gentile, perhaps, it's not advisable either. But strictly hallachically speaking, according to Judaism, tattoos are permitted to Gentiles.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 01:37:44 AM »
Rubystars, the verse you quoted especifically refers to sexual promiscuity with prostitutes. Whether one is Christian and takes it for a holy word or one is not Christian and so does not believe in the NT, that words show a great wisdom. For he that has sex with a prostitute becomes one flesh with her. Many men despises prostitutes and perhaps would not even befriend them in public on the other hand, they don't care about becoming spiritually one being with them. It's hypocrisy!
Absolutely, Paul was speaking from Jewish doctrine here.

However, the motivation to get a tattoo, not a tattoo itself, sometimes expresses inner uncosnciuos craving foir frivolity and many other confused feelings ( true in my case). Therefore it's not very compatible with the Christian idea of the Holy Ghost dwelling in one's body. And for a non-Christian Gentile, perhaps, it's not advisable either. But strictly hallachically speaking, according to Judaism, tattoos are permitted to Gentiles.
I don't see how tats are inherently worse than one's clothing choices. In fact they are like clothing--they can be good, bad, or neutral. Perhaps an obsession with it isn't healthy, but in and of itself how does it reflect on the condition of your soul?

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 01:53:59 AM »
I don't see how tats are inherently worse than one's clothing choices. In fact they are like clothing--they can be good, bad, or neutral. Perhaps an obsession with it isn't healthy, but in and of itself how does it reflect on the condition of your soul?

Tattoos and piercings are not clothes. Clothes can be bad if they are inmodest. But tattoos, (and also piercing, to some degree) might express inner feelings, wishes to look strange, feel excited at the idea of taking a decision that one cannot take back and many other ideas which micht reflect other more complex psychological emotions.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 06:43:29 AM »
If you are not religious, a Henna tattoo will wash off if you want to see how one looks on you for curiosity's sake

How cute...

lol he meant Henna as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehndi. Not Hanna tattos :laugh:

btw Henna is not Arabic or Muslim custom, they stole it from Ancient India.

Offline pennyjangle

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 07:39:24 AM »
Whatever floats your boat! Personally I don't care for tattoos but as you get older they lose their color.......yuk.
Hasta La Vista Baby!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2010, 10:30:12 AM »
I think henna is kind of cool. I don't mind decorating the body as long as it's not permanent scarring.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2010, 01:56:49 PM »
I was pressured into getting a tattoo on a few visits to southern illinois, some friends wanted to get tattoos representing their Irish background and I declined. Not my concern what others do but I know they are popular in the military and what not.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2010, 04:26:07 PM »
If I were to have this done (tattoo removal), I would only have it done by a board certified or board eligible dermatologist who would be willing to let me speak to former patients.  Many MDs who specialize in cosmetic work DO have former pts in their files who are willing to speak to prospective patients
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 04:47:53 PM by JTFenthusiast2 »

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2010, 04:44:18 PM »
בס''ד

The Torah forbids Jews from getting any tattoos. Tattoos violate the Torah commandment not to mutilate or desecrate your body. Jews with tattoos cannot even ritually purify themselves in a mikvah. This is regarded as a serious sin.