Author Topic: French report wants limits on Muslim face veil  (Read 2883 times)

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
French report wants limits on Muslim face veil
« on: January 26, 2010, 07:39:42 AM »
French report wants limits on Muslim face veil
Posted 1/26/2010 8:57 AM ET
By Elaine Ganley, Associated Press Writer
PARIS — A parliamentary panel that wants Muslim women to stop veiling their faces recommended Tuesday that France ban such garb in public facilities, including hospitals and mass transit, and a leading panel member said he foresees such an interdiction by the end of 2010.
The nearly 200-page report contains a panoply of measures intended to dissuade women from wearing all-enveloping veils in France. It also recommends refusing residence cards and citizenship to anyone with visible signs of a "radical religious practice."

However, there is no call to outlaw such garments -- worn by a tiny minority of Muslims -- in private areas and in the street. A full ban was the major issue that divided the 32-member, multiparty panel which ultimately heeded warnings that a full ban risked being deemed unconstitutional and could even cause trouble in a country where Islam is the second-largest religion.

The report, which culminates six months of hearings, was formally presented to the president of the National Assembly, the lower house, Bernard Accoyer, and made public.

Conservative lawmaker Eric Raoult, the panel's No. 2 member, said later that he foresaw a limited ban in the public sector "before the end of the year."

"We need maybe six months or a little more to explain what we want," he told The Associated Press, adding that "by the end of 2010" there could be such an interdiction.

Accoyer was more vague but told a news conference that "we can certainly find solutions in a brief time."

Universities, hospitals, public transport and post offices would be among areas included in a limited ban on the all-encompassing veil.

As envisaged by the panel, such a ban would require that people show their faces when entering the facility and "keep the face uncovered throughout their presence," the report says.

Failure to do so would result "in a refusal to deliver the service demanded." That means, for instance, that a woman seeking state funds commonly accorded to mothers would walk away empty-handed.

A parliamentary resolution condemning such garb, with no legal weight and the easiest measure to pass, would be likely to precede concrete initiatives.

The veil is widely viewed in France as a gateway to extremism, an insult to gender equality and an offense to France's secular foundation. A 2004 French law bans Muslim headscarves from primary and secondary school classrooms.

The language in the report was carefully chosen in an effort to avoid offending France's estimated 5 million Muslims -- the largest such population in western Europe -- and accusations of discrimination. Muslim leaders have already complained that the debate over the full veil coupled with an ongoing debate on French national identity has left some Muslims feeling their religion is becoming a government target.

The panel went to work, taking testimony from more than 200 experts and others, after President Nicolas Sarkozy said in June that veils that hide the face are "not welcome" on French territory.

Such veils are thought to be worn by only several thousand Muslim women who, most often, pin a "niqab" across their faces, hiding all but the eyes. Worn with a long, dark robe, such clothing is customarily associated with Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states.

The report puts an emphasis on educating women who wear the robes in France about the rules of the Republic.

Any action on the report would not come before March regional elections.

---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: French report wants limits on Muslim face veil
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 07:57:55 AM »
Hi arksis!!!

There should be a ban in every non-Islamic run country....
They need to assimilate to us, not us to them...........

Plain and clear..........

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 08:05:11 AM »
Long time no see ag! Great to see you!

Yes, I totally agree, they should be banned from EVERY country but their own. If you don't want assimilate, then GO HOME! Plain and clear is right, but all have lost their common sense it seems.  >:(
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 10:25:08 AM »
But they are not all the same..

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »
I would not even bother to leave the house if I had to dress like that every day. Dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life!
Meir Kahane

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 01:02:23 PM »
Or if they have to wear the Burka, then wearing large opaque glasses over the eyes shall be mandatory.
 8)
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 01:18:31 PM »

Egad!! Put that bag back on!
Yeek!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Angry Panther

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 02:21:35 PM »
I think all Muslim women should be required to wear burqas. I think all Muslim men should wear burqas too. That way we don't have too look at them. I would start with that ugly Arafat looking [censored] Helen Thomas, she SHOULD wear a burqa. You see their are some positive things about the Muslim culture.  ;D

Offline rhayat1

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 06:25:26 PM »
I'm tired of hearing about the "estimated five million Muslims in France".  They've been quoting that figure for far too long now.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like 10 million or 15 million.  They do the same thing with illegal immigrants here in the States too, always using the same number as if their numbers never increase.  B.S. I say.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 06:44:20 PM »
I think all Muslim women should be required to wear burqas. I think all Muslim men should wear burqas too. That way we don't have too look at them. I would start with that ugly Arafat looking kurva Helen Thomas, she SHOULD wear a burqa. You see their are some positive things about the Muslim culture.  ;D

Yes. I agree. I don't wanna look at their ugly faces. Makes me wanna puke when I see them. 
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 01:16:44 AM »
Burkas differ. In "liberal" countries they can sweep daringly below the eyes, and can even give a glimpse of the top of the nose. In other countries they often show just one eye. In the Gulf it is perhaps more common to have no eyes at all, just some netting (muslin?) to look through. What all these women have in common is that they are all provided with a free white sack in which to be stoned or, in the case of Saudi Arabia, to be drowned by their fathers in the family swimming pool. 

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 12:45:22 PM »

"Boo hoo."
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 01:26:28 PM »

"Muslim women are heartless"

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 01:29:41 PM »
                                                                       בס"ד

Who dies faster - a German Nazi woman or an Arab/Muslim woman?

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 01:31:52 PM »
                                                                       בס"ד

Who? 8)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 01:35:43 PM »
                                                                       בס"ד

בס"ד

Who? 8)

That's a serious question

Offline Angry Panther

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 01:37:29 PM »
                                                                       בס"ד

Depends on who you have the gun pointed at.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 01:49:59 PM »
                                                                       בס"ד

Who are you to decide this question? Only Hashem, blessed is his name, has the ability to control life and death. You are merely a visitor in Hashems world and to think that you are more than that is nothing short of chutzpah.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 01:52:40 PM »
                                                                      בס"ד

בס"ד

Who are you to decide this question? Only Hashem, blessed is his name, has the ability to control life and death. You are merely a visitor in Hashems world and to think that you are more than that is nothing short of chutzpah.

You kinda know me for a few months and yet don't know that you shouldn't take EVERYTHING I say seriously?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 02:13:23 PM »
                                                                      בס"ד

בס"ד

You kinda know me for a few months and yet don't know that you shouldn't take EVERYTHING I say seriously?

I know... You did not mean it like that... I was just trying to make a point that only Hashem is the one who decides when a human will die... You may try to argue semantics on who is considered a human.... But....

I am not saying you are wrong for asking, just making a statement...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 11:54:52 AM »
                                                                       בס"ד

I don't understand. Why criticise Islam for their treatment of women if you can joke about their death?