Author Topic: Teen pregnancies go up - who's to blame?  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Teen pregnancies go up - who's to blame?
« on: January 31, 2010, 03:56:03 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=874212

Teen pregnancies were up three percent in 2006, which is the latest reporting period available. Proponents of comprehensive sex education are blaming abstinence programs for the increase.

The figures come from the Alan Guttmacher Institute, a strong opponent of abstinence education. But Valerie Huber of the National Abstinence Education Association reports that that organization is simply putting its own twist on old information as a way to gain more support.

Valerie Huber"They're just re-circulating data that we've known for months -- but they're putting their own spin on this to castigate abstinence education and put in a plug for the new teen pregnancy prevention funds, which is just another way of saying more money for contraceptive education," she explains.

Guttmacher and others are actually placing the blame for the increase in pregnancies on the abstinence approach funded during the Bush administration, claiming that abstinence funding doubled from 2000 to 2003 to $120 million, and that by 2008 that amount reached $176 million. Huber points out, however, that abstinence education received only 25 percent of the funding earmarked for teen sex-education programs.

"[Guttmacher's argument] doesn't make sense," she argues. "It's an oversimplification of the problem, and it's just obviously a P.R. stunt."

She says that if the Guttmacher Institute's thinking is extended, it must mean the proponents of comprehensive sex education are 75 percent to blame for the increase in pregnancies.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Teen pregnancies go up - who's to blame?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 04:44:06 PM »
Not to sound harsh, but it's mainly the fault of sluts refusing to keep their legs together.  I would also be interested in knowing how the pregnancy rates are divided along ethnic/racial lines. 

Also, if shaming was done properly, there would be a lot less of this kind of thing going on.  As it is now, many of these girls end up on welfare. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »
Not to sound harsh, but it's mainly the fault of sluts refusing to keep their legs together.
:::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 06:38:14 PM »
Not to sound harsh, but it's mainly the fault of sluts refusing to keep their legs together.  I would also be interested in knowing how the pregnancy rates are divided along ethnic/racial lines. 

Also, if shaming was done properly, there would be a lot less of this kind of thing going on.  As it is now, many of these girls end up on welfare. 

I agree with you that girls should keep their legs together. I wonder if shaming is the right approach to take in this modern time though.

It worked well in the past, but in the past abortion was illegal and very dangerous and much less likely for those reasons. Now if someone gets pregnant and would face shame for it, they might secretly abort the child instead of face the shame.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 06:41:43 PM »
I see where you're coming from, Rubystars.

But how does that explain how some teenaged girls carry their babies to full term and then stick them in garbage cans.  As far as I know, abortion is legal in quite a few states. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 06:56:34 PM »
I think some of those girls either don't know they're pregnant, (it can happen, ever see that show on Discovery?) and panic when they see the baby, or they knew but didn't have anyone to help them or were too scared to ask for help until it was too late and then they kill the baby to keep from getting into trouble or because they panic.

No matter what it's absolutely horrible to do that to a defenseless baby but I think there need to be some resources there not only to encourage abstinence, but also to teach these young women about other forms of contraception and what to do if they are in that kind of situation, what options they have, if they have an unplanned or unwanted newborn.

I don't really think abstinence education can work by itself. Teaching only abstinence hides important information from kids whereas encouraging abstinence while teaching other things would be best because that way they have the tools they need to stay healthy.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 07:00:27 PM »
I read that some places have places where women can drop off their unwanted babies with no questions asked.  What do you think of that idea?  I also read that some on the right opposed it on the grounds that it would encourage women to sleep around without consequences. 

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 07:04:38 PM »
I read that some places have places where women can drop off their unwanted babies with no questions asked.  What do you think of that idea?  I also read that some on the right opposed it on the grounds that it would encourage women to sleep around without consequences. 
I think this program is to stop young girls from dumping just born babies into the trash leaving them to die. It may be  enabling bad behavior but if it saves the babies from being abandoned in the trash or some other place the program should be continued.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »

You can't teach moral values to a dead baby. I think it's important to have a safe place for the baby's sake.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 07:16:50 PM »
for the Christians here: I know of a ministry that takes pregnant teenagers in and takes care of them until they give up the baby for adoption..if anyone needs that, let me know...I think that is also a good option. They have this really nice Christian woman who is like their housemother while they are there.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 07:20:52 PM »
I know of a ministry that takes pregnant teenagers in and takes care of them until they give up the baby for adoption..if anyone needs that, let me know...I think that is also a good option. They have this really nice Christian woman who is like their housemother while they are there.

I have no problem with that.  I do have a problem with teenaged girls getting knocked up and going on welfare, only to pop out more and more babies with no father in sight. 

I put up a post last year on my blog about how these girls in Colorado were pushing for "maternity leave" from their high schools for being knocked up.  The article said that the guidance counselors would negotiate on their behalf for this leave. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
I think people on welfare should either get a bonus for being on contraception (probably more politically feasible) or not be allowed benefits if they don't use some form of contraception.

for the Christians here: I know of a ministry that takes pregnant teenagers in and takes care of them until they give up the baby for adoption..if anyone needs that, let me know...I think that is also a good option. They have this really nice Christian woman who is like their housemother while they are there.

What if the girls want to keep the baby? Do they help them with that?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 07:32:50 PM »
I know of a ministry that takes pregnant teenagers in and takes care of them until they give up the baby for adoption..if anyone needs that, let me know...I think that is also a good option. They have this really nice Christian woman who is like their housemother while they are there.

I have no problem with that.  I do have a problem with teenaged girls getting knocked up and going on welfare, only to pop out more and more babies with no father in sight. 

I put up a post last year on my blog about how these girls in Colorado were pushing for "maternity leave" from their high schools for being knocked up.  The article said that the guidance counselors would negotiate on their behalf for this leave. 
People seeking social services should be required to go on Norplant or some other temporary sterilizing program to stop them from having more children. One mistake can be at the taxpayers expense we can't allow occupational pregnancies that milk the system for more and more money.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norplant

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 08:01:23 PM »
The problem with Norplant is that you'll get the teen welfare crowd and other white liberals howling that it's not the government's job to dictate morality. 

But it is if taxpayers have to foot the bill. 

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 08:03:43 PM »

I would not consider nine months of carrying a baby plus sneaking off to a hospital to dump the baby (with the emotional trauma involved) as no consequence.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »
Obviously you can't have a child without having sex but have these girls never heard of this fancy new pill that makes it impossible to have a child?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 08:13:27 PM »
The problem with Norplant is that you'll get the teen welfare crowd and other white liberals howling that it's not the government's job to dictate morality. 

But it is if taxpayers have to foot the bill. 
Yes ..... Then another argument also comes into play by blacks that the white man is trying to exterminate the black race by not allowing them to reproduce like roaches. I still maintain once anyone applies for welfare be they black, white, red, or even a combination of all three  they should be placed on temporary birth control. That or absorb the cost of additional children on their own.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 09:46:20 PM »
Obviously you can't have a child without having sex but have these girls never heard of this fancy new pill that makes it impossible to have a child?

The pill isn't 100% effective. If they are taking other medications, like antibiotics, or something else, it can fail. There are other things that can make it fail too. It is mostly effective though. The pill or other contraceptive plus a condom is almost full proof though.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
I think the problem with teaching sex education in a public school setting is that it's not something you can tell children about without discussing moral values.  And since the public schools are supposed to be neutral when it comes to religion, then it's all about whose moral values you teach these kids.  You clearly can't teach one to children without the other. 

In Wendy Shalit's excellent book "A Return To Modesty" she wrote about the sex education being taught in her school.  Her mother was luckily able to pull some strings so that young Wendy could forgo the sex ed class.  But in her book, she wrote about how the young boys began acting out and taunting the girls as a result of the sex ed.  Excellent book. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 10:26:46 PM »
People seeking social services should be required to go on Norplant or some other temporary sterilizing program to stop them from having more children. One mistake can be at the taxpayers expense we can't allow occupational pregnancies that milk the system for more and more money.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norplant
Why not just castrate them as a prerequisite of getting welfare?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »
It depends on what you want, I guess. As far as I am concerned none of this human drek should be spawning in the first place. But if you are an older and somewhat more mature person, I would advise condoms for temporary contraception and a vasectomy for permanent. Pills are poison, and unreliable.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 11:49:03 PM »

The pill isn't 100% effective. If they are taking other medications, like antibiotics, or something else, it can fail. There are other things that can make it fail too. It is mostly effective though. The pill or other contraceptive plus a condom is almost full proof though.

I doubt if one of a hundred couples use both the pill and condoms in combination. 
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 11:54:45 PM »
Layering protections is the surest way to prevent a pregnancy though. Condoms and pills both have a failure rate.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 12:41:25 AM »
Layering protections is the surest way to prevent a pregnancy though. Condoms and pills both have a failure rate.
Not to sound crude but I kind of think that barriers would kill the mood... no? (But people use them anyway.)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 07:37:17 PM »
Not to sound crude but I kind of think that barriers would kill the mood... no? (But people use them anyway.)
Condoms are usually used by people who are not in steady relationships.  It certainly reduces pleasure.  People in steady relationships use a more permanent form of protection such as the pill.  Condoms are more popular where risk of STDs are present such as sex with someone you don't know that well.