Author Topic: Inglorious Bastards  (Read 6042 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Inglorious Bastards
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:19:09 PM »
has anyone seen this movie yet?  It's about American Jews killing Nazis in the most brutal manner...unfortunately it's fictional, but oddly enough, a product of Hollywood.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
Re: Inglorious Bastards
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 06:22:30 PM »
i've seen it

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 06:23:49 PM »
me too just saw it

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 07:24:13 PM »
What do you guys think of it?   Personally, I stay clear of all Nazi movies (Other than Indiana Jones)

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 07:38:02 PM »
What do you guys think of it?   Personally, I stay clear of all Nazi movies (Other than Indiana Jones)

typical tarentino movie. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 07:50:06 PM »

typical tarentino movie. 

I know someone who met Tarantino when she went to highschool with him...

My favorite Tarantino movie must be PULP FICTION....

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 07:51:41 PM »
I loved it, absolutely loved it.  QT is a gifted writer and his dialogue sparkles.  I consider him to be a brilliant screenwriter.  He create unbelievable tension and conflict in this film and, in certain scenes, you'll be on the edge of your seat.  At least I was.  It's totally engrossing.  QT re-wrote/re-imagined Nazi history in this film, and I loved seeing it.  The title is actually "Inglourious Basterds", with the mis-spelling done on purpose.  I recommend this film whole-heartedly.

Yes, Pulp Fiction was great.  I love all his movies.  Kill Bill (volumes 1 and 2) are so much fun to watch.  But I suppose you have to like his kind of film-making.  Like everything else, if it's not your "cup of tea", then you won't like it.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »
I'd have to say the movie was pretty bad. It was a great idea but bad casting, story line etc. And why the hell would they use Brad Pitt as the LEAD ROLE of the good guys????He looks like a freaken Nazi himself...

Offline Fighting For Truth

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 10:11:03 PM »
I didn't like the movie and found it to be overrated. In fact most of the film hardly shows the Basterds anyways.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 10:30:57 PM »
There is no such thing as a Jewish suicide bomber.
LOL I was just talking to a JTFer today about theoretical non-Islamic "shahids" and what Judaism and Christianity would say to such a thing. What irony. (I haven't seen the movie either, so I was not at all thinking of this.)

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
!Q
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 11:24:56 PM »
I hated it! and for these reasons:

1. waaaay to much German language dialogue!
2. they portray the lead nazi figure as a charming funny guy
3. hardly any scenes involving the bastards killing nazis (thats what I went to see this movie for in the first place)
4. the lead Jewish girl has a love affair with a black dude (yuk!)
5. overall boring and annoying to sit through

Offline patches

• Senior JTFer
  • To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 12:56:33 AM »
I thought the fact that the main German badguy was funny and charming made him even more evil and disturbing. Yeah he could have been some slobbering maniac but that would have been less creepy. I do think it was slow in parts too, but I guess you could say that raises the tension of scenes later on, like in one of those Sergio Leone spagetti westerns. If I would compare QT to anybody else as a director, I would say he's closest to Sergio Leone.

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 01:10:36 AM »
I saw it and was not very impressed.

Of course it was nice to see Nazis get their heads bashed in, but I did not think it was nearly as good as most of Tarantino's other movies.

Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs
Even the Kill Bills which I did not like very much actually

-all were much better I thought.

TBH I would MAYBE give it a 5.9/10  if I were feeling generous.
Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 02:23:59 AM »
First, the overall concept of making a revenge fantasy movie against Nazis is all well and good, but why do that when you've got Muslim Nazis trying to do what Hitler wanted to do today?  Why not make a movie about a group of Jews that go around killing Muslim terrorists?

Because:
-nazi's are white
-nazi's are always portrayed as rightwing
-islam is not a religion but a race.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 03:04:03 AM »
I'd have to say the movie was pretty bad. It was a great idea but bad casting, story line etc. And why the hell would they use Brad Pitt as the LEAD ROLE of the good guys????He looks like a freaken Nazi himself...

How does Brad Pitt look like a Nazi?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 03:41:36 AM »
First, the overall concept of making a revenge fantasy movie against Nazis is all well and good, but why do that when you've got Muslim Nazis trying to do what Hitler wanted to do today?  Why not make a movie about a group of Jews that go around killing Muslim terrorists?

Because:
-nazi's are white
-nazi's are always portrayed as rightwing
-islam is not a religion but a race.
iF THEY WANT THE MOST RIGHT WING PEOPLE IN THE WORLD I THINK THAT WOULD BE ANARCHISTS ,NO GOVERMENT.HOMOWOOD WILL CONTINUE MAKING NAZIS THE EVIL ONES THEY DARE NOT PORTRY MUZZIES AS BAD GUYS THEY'LL BE SUED BY CAIR. BESIDES TERRORISTS MUSLIMS ARE HOMOWOODS HEROS
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 05:31:59 AM »
I watched it before two days with a good friend of me.

It was a very strange movie - never saw something like this before. It was mixed from very realistic stuff, like the evil Judenjäger to slapstick elements later in the theatre. But all in all I liked it.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 05:50:02 AM »
Stiglitz "chokefist" and Bear Jew's bat FTW!!

I liked the movie.  I always spend time wondering if it is okay to laugh at Nazis though.  This movie appeals to the dark side, which I enjoyed.

I think there will be a prequel because there was not enough Basterds in it.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 06:42:04 AM »
I haven't seen this movie but I liked Kill Bill 1 and 2.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 12:55:23 PM »
Stiglitz "chokefist" and Bear Jew's bat FTW!!

I liked the movie.  I always spend time wondering if it is okay to laugh at Nazis though.  This movie appeals to the dark side, which I enjoyed.

I think there will be a prequel because there was not enough Basterds in it.

The Bear Jew was great. As he came out of the cave - nearly surrealistic.  He remembers me a little bit to Simson.

:::D
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 02:29:40 PM »
I thought it was fairly good.  Some of it was funny and I wish they had a group like that around nowadays to deal with anti-Semites.  The Jews get revenge in the end.  Hollywood is capable of a lot worse, that's for sure.  However, there are some parts of it that I don't like.  First, the overall concept of making a revenge fantasy movie against Nazis is all well and good, but why do that when you've got Muslim Nazis trying to do what Hitler wanted to do today?  Why not make a movie about a group of Jews that go around killing Muslim terrorists?  Second, the leading woman of the story, who survived a Nazi attack and got her revenge, is portrayed as being in love with a black man (obviously a non-Jew)--which is forbidden in Judaism.  Why make the hero be a self-hater?  Third, the Jews who take revenge on Hitler in the end had bombs strapped to their legs, indicating that they were willing to be suicide bombers.  There is no such thing as a Jewish suicide bomber.

I saw the movie....I will agree with you that certain ( scene's ) didn't just add up.

I did not like the movie.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 02:36:37 PM »
I thought it was fairly good.  Some of it was funny and I wish they had a group like that around nowadays to deal with anti-Semites.  The Jews get revenge in the end.  Hollywood is capable of a lot worse, that's for sure.  However, there are some parts of it that I don't like.  First, the overall concept of making a revenge fantasy movie against Nazis is all well and good, but why do that when you've got Muslim Nazis trying to do what Hitler wanted to do today?  Why not make a movie about a group of Jews that go around killing Muslim terrorists?  Second, the leading woman of the story, who survived a Nazi attack and got her revenge, is portrayed as being in love with a black man (obviously a non-Jew)--which is forbidden in Judaism.  Why make the hero be a self-hater?  Third, the Jews who take revenge on Hitler in the end had bombs strapped to their legs, indicating that they were willing to be suicide bombers.  There is no such thing as a Jewish suicide bomber.

I saw the movie....I will agree with you that certain ( scene's ) didn't just add up.

I did not like the movie.

No, they only carried the bomb in the theatre on their legs. Later they placed them.

The thing with the black gentile I noticed too. This was offending. I agree.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 03:06:09 PM »
My observation of the film is that the nazi's were depicted as victims.
That is one of the reasons I didn't like the film.

Shalom - Dox   

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 03:12:03 PM »
My observation of the film is that the nazi's were depicted as victims.
That is one of the reasons I didn't like the film.

Shalom - Dox   

I guess it's the perception of it all...we at JTF want to see Nazis killed so when they get killed brutally in the movies, we are happy.  However, I didn't see any moral to the movie except to never trust a Nazi...even if he surrenders..give him what he deserves...

What made you think that this movie depicts Nazis as victims?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 03:36:30 PM »
Hi Dr. Dan.... In one scene (at the end of the movie ) the Jewish lady who got revenge on the nazis was depicted as some crazy woman laughing on the screen with flames all around her....screaming and laughing.
I don't think they should have made a scene like that...because she was the victim.

The nazis in ww2 were not tortured, it was the nazis who did the torturing, so why would the producer show nazi's having swasticas carved into their foreheads?

My observations can see between the lines ..... I did feel this film was anti semetic ( turned around ) if you can understand that.

If my explaination is hard to understand, I do apologize...I have had ADHD all my life so it's not always easy to have to explain myself and how I see things.

Shalom Dr. Dan

Dox