Author Topic: HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Tippy

• New JTFer
HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!
« on: April 22, 2010, 09:44:09 AM »
A BIG  thank you goes out this beautiful morning, to Al Gore, for bringing us this religious "holiday" known as earth day, or in our native tongue of Detroit, "Erf day".

I want you all to know that I have been a very busy beaver (SAVE THE BEAVERS!) this morning.  I have been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off..(OH NO!  SAVE THE CHICKENS!) ... turning on every light, television, radio, computer, and electronic device I can find an empty receptacle to plug one into.

I have dug out my chainsaw, and have already cut down one tree, and baby, you ought to see the huge bonfire I got going!  Come on over for some Hebrew National hot-dogs, and we will have a time! 

I have not as yet applied slow and steady rearward force to a trigger on any number of my rifles or handguns, but no Erf day is complete without the discharging of said weapons. 

Even at that, during my trip up to the local Walmart gas station to buy as much gasoline as I have gas cans for, so I can run all my chainsaw's, tractors, lawn mowers, motorcycles and 4 wheelers today, I was greeted by a muslim family wearing burka's and all I could see were two eyes peeping out at me ( never a  go-cart rental service nearby when you need one ).

So, Once again Al Gore, THANK YOU!  Now go back to the obscurity from whence you came you dirty rat, and don't forget to turn a light on for gaia! 

(Hmmm BBQ chicken does sound pretty good, and speaking of chickens with their heads cut off...I think I will go chop one of our frying chickens heads off to celebrate erf day as well, I am sure it will be one less thing creating methane, and maybe since I do it on erf day, I can get one of those fancy carbon credits Al Gore keeps talking about!!! )

*No chickens, beavers, muslims, go-cart wheels, burka's, trees, or sodomites have been hurt during the production of this post. ( well.....only one tree,  and possibly a chicken later as we get closer to dinner time...)

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 09:47:51 AM »
The Green religion - the Commie way to destroy human development and life.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 09:48:33 AM »
I just posted on A7 that I think Earth day should not be observed in Jerusalem {they just announced Jerusalem will shut off its lights} because it seems to me to be a form of idol worship. Whenever people talk about 'Mother Earth' or 'Mother Nature' I get a bit upset because those people do not realize that nature and all forces are just aspects of Hashem. We must always remember that Nature and Earth have no will of their own.

I will not be observing earth day...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 11:31:35 AM »
Earth day is the worship of the creation rather than the Creator.

Offline Tippy

• New JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 12:58:34 PM »
I just posted on A7 that I think Earth day should not be observed in Jerusalem {they just announced Jerusalem will shut off its lights} because it seems to me to be a form of idol worship. Whenever people talk about 'Mother Earth' or 'Mother Nature' I get a bit upset because those people do not realize that nature and all forces are just aspects of Hashem. We must always remember that Nature and Earth have no will of their own.

I will not be observing earth day...

You all are EXACTLY right.  Earth day IS idolatry, and is absolutely worshiping the CREATION rather than the Creator, hence my reference to their religion and THEIR g-d (little g) gaia.    I hope my tongue in cheek post did not make any of you think I was serious in the least, or acknowledging this idiotic day called "earth day".   

When these things are crammed down our throats, and they expect us to swallow their lies, and fad's, I generally demonstrate the antithesis of what foolery they concoct. 

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 01:26:14 PM »
Earth Day is about preservation of the environment, not about worshipping the Creation. There may be some cults who, in fact worship Nature. But that does not allow us to discredit the efforts to preserve Earth. If there is a cult who worships men, then should we reject the commandement that forbids murder, just to avoid being similar to idolaters of men?
In fact, the Torah has many Laws about prserving Nature and Earth. It's forbidden to destory trees, Eretz Yisra'el must rest every seventh year and so on.
Many disagree with Ecologists because Green Parties are usually leftist but we must examine ideas regardless of who supports them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 01:29:20 PM »
Earth Day is about preservation of the environment, not about worshipping the Creation. There may be some cults who, in fact worship Nature. But that does not allow us to discredit the efforts to preserve Earth. If there is a cult who worships men, then should we reject the commandement that forbids murder, just to avoid being similar to idolaters of men?
In fact, the Torah has many Laws about prserving Nature and Earth. It's forbidden to destory trees, Eretz Yisra'el must rest every seventh year and so on.
Many disagree with Ecologists because Green Parties are usually leftist but we must examine ideas regardless of who supports them.

That is not the meaning of Earth day...

To a Jew every day is Earth day... To a Jew every day is a National Day of Prayer... To a Jew every day is Thanksgiving.... Why do we need to have these secular observations? There is an agenda behind this... This doesnt mean that we don't care about the Earth and should not work for conservation and energy efficiency...

Of course we should think about the impact we have on this planet. It is a blessing from Hashem that we are alive... But this should not be made into a display like this... And I was thinking that the way it is observed, by turning off the lights seems to imply that we are moving towards darkness and away from light...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 01:41:40 PM »
I never observe Earth Day but I do turn off the electric lights at Earth hour (last Saturday of March). I don't know what's wrong with that. It's also a good way to remember our ancestors who never used electric light, to value the modern technology we have now and not to abuse it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 02:51:40 PM »
I never observe Earth Day but I do turn off the electric lights at Earth hour (last Saturday of March). I don't know what's wrong with that. It's also a good way to remember our ancestors who never used electric light, to value the modern technology we have now and not to abuse it.

Do you observe Shabbat by not turning on or off electrical devices? This is one good reason to do so... When we think ahead for Shabbat we are sanctifying the day of Shabbat in honor of the creation {and more specifically for the miracles he did for the Jewish people during the Exodus}...

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 03:09:09 PM »

Do you observe Shabbat by not turning on or off electrical devices? This is one good reason to do so... When we think ahead for Shabbat we are sanctifying the day of Shabbat in honor of the creation {and more specifically for the miracles he did for the Jewish people during the Exodus}...

No, because I am a Gentile and we are strictly forbidden to observe the Shabbat. When I was aiming to convert, my Rav told me to keep the rules as closely as possible to practise the observance but also to be carefull of doing at least one intentional trasgression since a Gentile cannot keep Shabbat. Of course, if I had converted, I would not turn off the lights at Earth Hour, even if the Shabbat is generally over at the time because a Jew must pray and say Havadalah first.
Many of these modern Ecologist celebrations seem to have not taken into account that they may contradict some Jewish Hallachot. But I don't see the problem for Gentiles.

Offline Tippy

• New JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 03:26:07 PM »
It's the agenda behind the day.  We are supposed to be good "stewards" and good "husbandmen" to G-d's creation.  These dorks that have come up with "earth day" care little to nothing of our G-d, and in many cases hate our G-d and the Torah, and the Bible.

Yes, the idea of conservation, and not polluting and unnecessarily destroying trees and unnecessarily killing animals is a good one.  We are NOT supposed to abuse creation, but we are in dominion over the earth.  But the agenda behind this movement is now and has always been to control people, and remove more money out of their wallets.

The greenest thing about this movement is the billion plus dollars that has jumped into Al Gore's bank account since getting kicked to the curb by the American voters. 

I love the out doors, parks, back packing, fishing, and hunting.  I am disgusted by pollution, and the carelessness of so many people.  But I don't want Al Gore and company creating "holidays" to turn off my lights and give obeisance to their world wide cult that is pushed by every major media outlet in the world.  This is no small cult by any means.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 04:35:39 PM »
Oh yeah lets celibrate by throwing on our trash on the ground and lets forget alternative fuel sources and continue to use and buy oil from the Saudis because that's for commies.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 04:37:34 PM »
I cannot beleive it.  Im in sunny California, and its nearly May, and I step outside and see my breath.  Its freezing here.  Thanks Al!!!

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 05:21:45 PM »
I cannot beleive it.  Im in sunny California, and its nearly May, and I step outside and see my breath.  Its freezing here.  Thanks Al!!!

1- Climate changes are measured taking the average temperaturas in the whole world, especially in the poles. Not just by having one cold spring in California.
2- Environmental problems are not limited to climate changes. There is also the problem of pollution, deforestation, extinction of species and so on.
3-Abuse of resources can lead to its scarcity, even if it did not damage the environment.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 07:05:42 PM »

1- Climate changes are measured taking the average temperaturas in the whole world, especially in the poles. Not just by having one cold spring in California.
2- Environmental problems are not limited to climate changes. There is also the problem of pollution, deforestation, extinction of species and so on.
3-Abuse of resources can lead to its scarcity, even if it did not damage the environment.

Climate change is most certainly something which is not controlled by man... It is shocking the charges which the pro-GW people claim... There have been historical periods long before the industrial revolution where warming trends occured... I believe that the Climate is more likely in control of Hashem who also controlled the temperature long before human beings were created...

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 07:16:40 PM »

Everything that is supposed to happen based upon what Warmists have said, is NOT happening.  According to the nonsence climate models that Gore uses, temperature was supposed to shoot up in the last 10 years in a 'hockey stick' pattern since polution HAS increased at a far worse rate than what we expected.

However, based upon nearly every global temperature reading, this hasnt happened.  in fact gobal temperatures have flattened, and more recently cooled.  Even liberals have admitted to this, and are now trying to 'modify' their models.

More recently, the warmists are now starting to back off from the initial predictions, and now changing their story.  They are admitting, that they were just guessing before.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 10:09:57 PM »

No, because I am a Gentile and we are strictly forbidden to observe the Shabbat. When I was aiming to convert, my Rav told me to keep the rules as closely as possible to practise the observance but also to be carefull of doing at least one intentional trasgression since a Gentile cannot keep Shabbat. Of course, if I had converted, I would not turn off the lights at Earth Hour, even if the Shabbat is generally over at the time because a Jew must pray and say Havadalah first.
Many of these modern Ecologist celebrations seem to have not taken into account that they may contradict some Jewish Hallachot. But I don't see the problem for Gentiles.

I leave the lights on in my house the whole Shabbat because I don't have timers.

Regarding Earth Day, I read the first three days of Creation from my siddur, ate fruits and vegetables, and went out to observe nature.

I think the nonsense of "sustainability" is garbage though. It's another one of those made up terms like politically correct and affirmative action. But I don't see any problem with protecting the environment by recycling and not polluting. Unlike some people (UMM HMM!), I don't throw trash on sidewalks.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 10:29:39 PM »

I leave the lights on in my house the whole Shabbat because I don't have timers.

Regarding Earth Day, I read the first three days of Creation from my siddur, ate fruits and vegetables, and went out to observe nature.

I think the nonsense of "sustainability" is garbage though. It's another one of those made up terms like politically correct and affirmative action. But I don't see any problem with protecting the environment by recycling and not polluting. Unlike some people (UMM HMM!), I don't throw trash on sidewalks.

I havent gotten one yet but these Kosher Shabbat lamps look cool... They are apparently halachically permited to be used on Shabbat:

http://www.artscroll.com/Categories/sh1.html

What is a KosherLamp™?
A simple twist reveals or hides the light on this innovative reading lamp - and it can be used on Shabbos according to halacha! It's a practical and innovative idea that's perfect in any room, as a gift or for everyone in your family.

Best of all, the directed light won't disturb others and uses an energy saving bulb that lasts many years worth of Shabbosim.
Introducing, the KosherLamp MAX™

We've taken your feedback and made our KosherLamps even better! You wanted more light so we've MAXimized the size of the light window. You wanted a new design so we changed the appearance to look more modern. And we've updated the colors so the KosherLamps will provide beautiful accents to your home decoration. You wanted the KosherLamp to be even easier to use and we've done it.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 10:42:32 PM »

I havent gotten one yet but these Kosher Shabbat lamps look cool... They are apparently halachically permited to be used on Shabbat:

http://www.artscroll.com/Categories/sh1.html

What is a KosherLamp™?
A simple twist reveals or hides the light on this innovative reading lamp - and it can be used on Shabbos according to halacha! It's a practical and innovative idea that's perfect in any room, as a gift or for everyone in your family.

Best of all, the directed light won't disturb others and uses an energy saving bulb that lasts many years worth of Shabbosim.
Introducing, the KosherLamp MAX™

We've taken your feedback and made our KosherLamps even better! You wanted more light so we've MAXimized the size of the light window. You wanted a new design so we changed the appearance to look more modern. And we've updated the colors so the KosherLamps will provide beautiful accents to your home decoration. You wanted the KosherLamp to be even easier to use and we've done it.

I have the Kosher Clock.