Author Topic: Is anyone following this LIkud constitution issue  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Is anyone following this LIkud constitution issue
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:36:31 PM »
where apparently Pee Pee wants to postpone the next scheduled vote on who makes up the Likud governing body because he is afraid of how much support Feiglin has.  I read today that Danon is opposing Pee Pee on this.  Any word on how some of the other so called nationalists are standing.  Benny Begin?  Especially Tzipi Hotoveli?  I have her as a friend on Facebook.  I wonder if she would respond to a question asking about that?  Most of her correspondence is in Hebrew but I know she speaks English well.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
Re: Is anyone following this LIkud constitution issue
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:23:06 PM »
Only one person has ever entered the Knesset, and left it with his ideology still pure: Rav Kahane!

After Tzipi Hotoveli advocated annexing the West Bank and giving the Palestinians passports, it shows she's lost her marbles.

Normally one would think that Hotovely would be a Feiglin supporter. But now she gets her 30,000 shekel cheque automatically in her bank account every month as an MK for doing next to no work, she knows where her Likud bread is buttered!

Tzipi still being a Moderdox virgin at 32 also doesn't help, poor unrelieved lass!

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 10:17:57 PM »
I know this is sexist but some of her pictures on Facebook show her having put on some weight.  That picture which is her profile picture might be dated.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 10:20:57 PM »
I think she's cute in this picture. 

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 03:39:57 AM »
Believe me don't waste your time following this insignificant matter.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 07:47:51 AM »
If only Hotovely & Feiglin had overcome their egos & twisted hashkofo and gone in with Ichud Leumi, instead of flogging the rancid carcass that is the Likud, they'd have had 7-8 seats!

According to Kahanism, to actually go in with Likud is an aveiroh : "Labour is treif & Likud is neveiloh!" (R.Kahane 1977)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 08:01:14 AM »

Why is it insignificant?  Would Bibi be campaigning so obsessively about this if it didn't matter?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 08:02:33 AM »
If only Hotovely & Feiglin had overcome their egos & twisted hashkofo and gone in with Ichud Leumi, instead of flogging the rancid carcass that is the Likud, they'd have had 7-8 seats!

I'm not convinced she's nationalist.  Why would she join ichud leumi?  She's been promoted in the party by Bibi and handpicked by him.   She's just another stooge.

Feiglin has a separate faction in the likud.  He is certainly nationalist.   They have different "hashkofos"

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 08:34:53 AM »
"There is no woman on Earth who won't receive a TOTAL cure for all her psycho-sexual hangups by being locked inside a Ukrainian army barracks for a month!" (Vladimir Putin to Condoleeza Rice 2006).

Quoque Tzipi Hotn'lovely er...er.. I mean Hotovely!

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 11:03:03 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/137270

Here is an article today.  It sounds like Bibi will lose the vote.  I would not be surprised if he pulls a Sharon and moves to another party.  I did sent Tzipi a message on Facebook about this.  I have not heard back.  This reveals someone's true colors.  If she backs Nethanyahu on this she is just another member of the phony right.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 11:04:06 AM »

Why is it insignificant?  Would Bibi be campaigning so obsessively about this if it didn't matter?
Bibi completely control the "manganon" as we say in hebrew (the mechanism) of the party. Even if the opposition manages to pass some change Bibi can easily nullify it. Remeber how he pushed Feiglin down the list by pushing into the candidates list all sort of hand picked non-elected candidates ?

Besides, look at the internal opposition to Bibi, are they any better than him ? Don't fool yourself they don't (except for Feiglin). Bibi himself when he was in opposition to Sharon managed to rewrite the constitution so that the Likud would officially declare it is against the forming of a Palestinian state. But as a PM Bibi himself declared that he is accepting the creation of a palestinian state.

Offline rebel_conservative

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 11:57:06 AM »

hasn't this been tried?  fracturing the right into many small parties.
they do make a good argument, the only chance of forming or influencing a government that makes actual policy, is through the Likud.  what is the point of maintaining some kind of ideological purity, but having no influence on the future of Israel?  it may make us feel better to have Ichud Leumi in the Knesset, but they won't form a government and I doubt anyone would work with them in coalition - look at the flak Netanyahu got for including Lieberman!

Shmuel Sackett, long time JDL member and director of Kahane Chai, gives a good explanation of why they are trying to work from within the Likud - http://www.jewishisrael.org/eng_contents/video/video012.html

According to Kahanism, to actually go in with Likud is an aveiroh : "Labour is treif & Likud is neveiloh!" (R.Kahane 1977)

Kahane said that in 1977 when he was looking for people to vote for Kach, times have changed - especially now that there is a chance that this faction could dominate the Likud.
they don't want to go in with Likud and compromise their values, they want to take Likud over and move it in a Jewish, nationalist direction.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 12:36:58 AM »

Bibi completely control the "manganon" as we say in hebrew (the mechanism) of the party. Even if the opposition manages to pass some change Bibi can easily nullify it. Remeber how he pushed Feiglin down the list by pushing into the candidates list all sort of hand picked non-elected candidates ? 

I do remember, but this is something different.   Bibi is trying to exert his control of the manganon in this case, but the likud central committee may not let him in this case.   If they prevent him from doing so, it's a big victory.  If not.....   We both know.   But let's see what happens first, then talk consequences.  I consider this a very important and crucial issue.   Because this will show whether manhigut yehudit is completely powerless in there or if they have a chance.   I don't see why this means nothing if the party has a victory here over the dictatorial control of the party leader.    That would mean a lot.

Besides, look at the internal opposition to Bibi, are they any better than him ? Don't fool yourself they don't (except for Feiglin). 

Some are phony some are not.  It depends.   The manhigut faction is getting bigger and with this vote they may get more rightwing people into the central committee.... .That has value even if it's not yet feiglin as prime minister.   

I do agree though that Bibi will try to create a breakoff party. 

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 04:19:07 AM »
KWRBT I generally believe that Feiglin is wasting his time in the Likud. He have a small power base within the Likud and all he can do is to ally himself with other internal factions, each of these is no better than the other. I might be mistaken, but I seem to recall that back in the 2003 primaries  Feiglin actually included Ehud Olmert in his recommended list (as part of the election deals).

At the moment there is no leadership alternative to Netanyahu in the Likud at all. Eventually one of the younger knesset members is going to replace him but that is years ahead unless Netanyhu will suffer a big defeat in the next general elections which seems unlikely.

There is but one thing about this issue worth noticing-Netanyahu is over-reacting to this issue because he is a weak and insecure leader, unlike Sharon for example.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 11:19:46 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/185365

Apparently a large turnout.  The Jerusalem Compost says this means Pee Pee will win.  What a shame.  Maybe Feiglin is banging his head against a wall in trying to change the Likud.  Also even if he ever takes it over will the core of the party just migrate elsewhere leaving him with a hollow victory?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »

Apparently a large turnout.  The Jerusalem Compost says this means Pee Pee will win.  What a shame.  Maybe Feiglin is banging his head against a wall in trying to change the Likud.  Also even if he ever takes it over will the core of the party just migrate elsewhere leaving him with a hollow victory?
Pretty much yes.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 02:17:38 PM »

I don't believe the Jerusalem post since they are also working for bibi, but maybe he will win maybe he won't... we will see.    What I don't understand is, how can there be "high turnout" ?   Only Likud Central Committee voters are supposed to vote!   Anything else is illegal.   Michael Puah, one of Feiglin's top officials, has been complaining in recent articles that Bibi has recruited non-committee members basically telling them that they can come and vote as long as they vote for bibi's position to put off the elections and change the constitution.   What a travesty.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 03:52:50 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/137298

It looks like pee pee won.  It is a shame.  Maybe Feiglin has been kidding himself about taking over the party.  It looks like it is really stacked against him.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 05:13:05 PM »
disgusting and sad.
I really Feiglin can take over the party, but it looks like he is [censored] into the wind :(

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 05:09:55 AM »
It's over.

The political system is beyond repair.

The mess canNOT be fixed from within the current system.   Only replacing the regime with something else will work.  The establishment will not relinquish its power.   I am now convinced that partition is the way forward.   I hope that more Israelis and especially settlers will see it that way.   I think that to keep trying to break down the entranched corrupt system already in place is in vain and this is the proof.

There is a good reason that Rabbi Kahane wrote "Revolution or Referendum."

I didn't think it was a big deal when Feiglin got moved down to 36th on the likud list.   Who cares if he gets the 20th seat and sits in knesset?   The goal is to take over the party and as long as bibi leads it, it doesn't even matter if Feiglin is the 10th seat.    But this is something different.   Bibi is showing that no matter what Manhigut Yehudit tries, he will stifle them.  Every time.  Even sacrificing the democratic process.    Even by changing the constitution of the party.   The courts are on his side.  The media is on his side.  The party hacks are of course on his side.   

Bibi is going to sell out Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 12:48:28 PM »
Perhaps Feiglin should think about starting his own party and dividing the Likud.  Would that work to the Right's advantage?
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 12:39:21 PM »
Feiglin's defeat is a natural outcome. It was very naive of him to believe that Likud's establishment would allow him to take over from within. Rather they used him to draw some nationalistic votes. He is a patriot of the Land of Israel but pure idealism is not enough to win the political battle. He must leave high politics and return to his previous (more successful) business - settlement and street activism.

More here:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/137328
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 03:12:56 AM »
Perhaps Feiglin should think about starting his own party and dividing the Likud.  Would that work to the Right's advantage?

Not really because if they run fragmented they might end out of the Knesset entirely, which is why the National union ran together with Marzel on the last elections.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 11:51:26 AM »
nationalists need to unite.  we all agree.

if all nationalists became Likud, they could easily win these elections when they happen and swing Likud to the right.  many Israelis would vote for nationalists in Likud, but would not want to waste their vote (as they see it) by voting for a minor nationalist party. I think all nationalists should join Likud in the next year and a half, work from within and if they don't take over Likud after two years, Feiglin would also see it is not an option and would leave and there could be a united nationalist party.