Author Topic: Reverend Jerry Falwell has passed away  (Read 15758 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Reverend Jerry Falwell has passed away
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2007, 02:42:35 PM »
I am disturbed by the sexual content in this thread. This is a religious forum... not to mention that it's supposed to be a thread giving respect to Reverend Jerry Falwell.

I do respect him. And I'm saying that he was right to decry homosexual propaganda in children's television.

Whenever the name of Jerry Falwell is brought up, leftists always mention the Teletubby controversy. Well, here's a way of throwing it back in their faces.

And Danny, don't be so naive. Hollywood has been trafficking in sexual innuendo since its inception. Many of the people who worked on Leave It to Beaver were Hollywood types who couldn't stop laughing up their sleeves at the "great unwashed" American public. The only difference was that in those days, Hollywood couldn't get away with what it's getting away with now. Which is why you had Pillow Talk (starring Rock Hudson) instead of Brokeback Mountain.

Have you seen Barbara Billingsley (who played June Cleaver, the Beaver's mother) spouting jive in the movie Airplane?

I haven't seen Barbara Billingsley..and you have me thinking that Three's Company was one of the best sitcoms because of its obliqueness in sexuality and sexual talk.....now nothing is funny anymore.

Nevertheless...Cleaver can rhyme with Seaver..so i guess you do have a point about the Beaver Cleaver...

and yes excuse me, Mr. Falwell, may you RIP no matter what was in your heart... Hopefully people will follow in the footsteps of the good things he did.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline tonycali99

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2007, 02:44:51 PM »
who was fallwell, sound's like he was a good man but never herd of him.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2007, 03:00:20 PM »
I was listening to an interview of Meir Kahane on the Bob Grant show and when asked about Falwell, Meir Kahane said basically he wasn't a big fan of his....can someone elaborate on that?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Scriabin

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2007, 03:09:11 PM »
I was listening to an interview of Meir Kahane on the Bob Grant show and when asked about Falwell, Meir Kahane said basically he wasn't a big fan of his....can someone elaborate on that?

He said, "I'm no fan of Falwell , but he's not a nazi."

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2007, 04:33:34 PM »
Fred phelps to picket Rev.  Falwell's funeral 
  http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html

WBC to picket the funeral of Rev. Jerry Falwell - at Thomas Road Baptist Church, Lynchburg, Virginia

Quote:
Fred Phelps to Picket at Falwell's Funeral
by mdbiscan
Wed May 16, 2007 at 11:44:18 AM PDT

This is for the funeral of the lying, false prophet Jerry Falwell. He was not a hero, nor was he honorable. He was nothing more than a wolf in sheep's clothing, and he has made those that follow in his folly to be twice as evil as he is.
mdbiscan's diary :: ::
http://www.godhatesfags.com/...

Thomas Road Baptist Church 1 Mountain View Rd. This is for the funeral of the lying, false prophet Jerry Falwell. He was not a hero, nor was he honorable. He was nothing more than a wolf in sheep's clothing, and he has made those that follow in his folly to be twice as evil as he is. Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. BANG! 15 ¶ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 2nd Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. Titus 1:11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. Falwell is in Hell! Deal with it! Isaiah 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations. 10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us? 11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee. 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of G-d: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. Jerry boasted he had 20 years left to live. G-d would not have it so: Luke 12:20 But G-d said unto him, Thou fool, THIS NIGHT THY SOUL SHALL BE REQUIRED OF THEE: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 04:36:40 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2007, 04:43:27 PM »
Pat Robertson is a true Reverend and also should be looked upon as a man of morality.  He is not a swindler his name is not Rev Jimmy Bakker, who was a complete hypocrite.  He is extremely Pro America, Pro Israel and Anti Islam.  A very good man for all righteous Christians to follow and a very good friend to the Jews.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2007, 07:59:20 PM »
Hey, I was never too fond of him. But oh well. I hope that teletubby/sponge bob-squarepants basher rests in peace.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2007, 08:05:28 PM »
All the Israel haters on moveon.org are celebrating as well as the Daily kos also huffington is happy   

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marty-kaplan/did-jerry-falwell-go-to-h_b_48594.html
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 08:11:12 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2007, 08:19:20 PM »
All the Israel haters on moveon.org are celebrating as well as the Daily kos also huffington is happy   

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marty-kaplan/did-jerry-falwell-go-to-h_b_48594.html
I would take that as a compliment to his character.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2007, 08:23:50 PM »
moveon.org should move on right infront of a bus at full speed
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2007, 08:46:48 PM »
moveon.org should move on right infront of a bus at full speed

;D ;D ;D

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2007, 08:54:45 PM »
Falwell was a p.c. nut.  Thank God he's not around anymore.  We need less of his kind here.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2007, 09:47:08 PM »
Falwell was a p.c. nut.  Thank G-d he's not around anymore.  We need less of his kind here.

You are sadly misinformed. How would you enjoy a Gentile on our forum talking about a true Jewish hero that way?

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2007, 10:02:17 PM »
I don't know about gay teletubbies but that smiling baby faced sun used to give me the creeps!!! ;D
The smiling baby faced sun wasn't bad it was that speaker that would come up out of the ground indoctrinating all the teletubbies with some strange rhyme that was creepy.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2007, 10:11:39 PM »
Falwell was a p.c. nut.  Thank G-d he's not around anymore.  We need less of his kind here.

If their was one thing that Falwell was not it was a P.C. nut. He was the Liberal lefts worst nightmare. He should rest in peace for all his good work. Its too bad G-d didn't give him till after the 08 elections to call him home. He will be sorely missed by all Conservatives and righteous people.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:48:41 PM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2007, 10:30:47 PM »
I don't know about gay teletubbies but that smiling baby faced sun used to give me the creeps!!! ;D
The smiling baby faced sun wasn't bad it was that speaker that would come up out of the ground indoctrinating all the teletubbies with some strange rhyme that was creepy.
I forgot about that  - your right - that was creepy.  :o
It was weird they lived in kind of a geodome.
Can't say I blame Falwell - they did seem a bit fey.

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2007, 03:33:54 AM »
Quote from: bullcat3
Can't say I blame Falwell - they did seem a bit fey.

Quote from: genteelgentile
By the way Teletubbies ARE gay, and my wife and I never let our son watch it.

You must read Ann Coulter's brilliant eulogy to Jerry Falwell here:

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=20753

She did her research, and it just goes to show how even people like us can be deluded by the media:

Quote from: Ann Coulter
Beginning in early 1998, the news was bristling with stories about a children's cartoon PBS was importing from Britain that featured a gay cartoon character, Tinky Winky, the purple Teletubbie with a male voice and a red handbag.

People magazine gleefully reported that Teletubbies was "aimed at Telebabies as young as one year. But teenage club kids love the products' kitsch value, and gay men have made the purse-toting Tinky Winky a camp icon."

In the Nexis archives for 1998 alone, there are dozens and dozens of mentions of Tinky Winky being gay -- in periodicals such as Newsweek, The Toronto Star, The Washington Post (twice!), The New York Times and Time magazine (also twice).

In its Jan. 8, 1999, issue, USA Today accused The Washington Post of "outing" Tinky Winky, with a "recent Washington Post In/Out list putting T.W. opposite Ellen DeGeneres and Anne Heche, essentially 'outing' the kids' show character."

Michael Musto of The Village Voice boasted that Tinky Winky was "out and proud," noting that it was "a great message to kids -- not only that it's OK to be gay, but the importance of being well accessorized."

All this appeared before Falwell made his first mention of Tinky Winky.

After one year of the mainstream media laughing at having put one over on stupid bourgeois Americans by promoting a gay cartoon character in a TV show for children, when Falwell criticized the cartoon in February 1999, that same mainstream media howled with derision that Falwell thought a cartoon character could be gay.

Teletubbies producers immediately denounced the suggestion that Tinky Winky was gay -- though they admitted that he was once briefly engaged to Liza Minnelli. That's what you get, reverend, for believing what you read in The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time magazine and Newsweek. Of course, Falwell also thought the show "Queer as Folk" was gay, so obviously the man had no credibility.

Ann also cleverly remarked in her eulogy that Jerry Falwell went to CNN for the same reason that Jesus went to the whores.

On the other hand, she may have missed the innuendo of "Queer as Folk", which was a deliberate pun on "Queer A** F***".
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 03:37:34 AM by Dissenter »

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2007, 03:44:51 AM »
Jerry Falwell was a wonderful man. He will indeed be sorely missed.