Author Topic: Reverend Jerry Falwell has passed away  (Read 15759 times)

Offline petre

• Junior JTFer
    • Hannity Forum
Reverend Jerry Falwell has passed away
« on: May 15, 2007, 02:05:47 PM »
Condolences to beloved ones of a friend of Israel on the Christian Right.

Scriabin

Re: Reverend Jerry Falwell has passed away
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 02:06:56 PM »
I always thought that he was Righteous.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 02:10:04 PM »
May he rest in peace.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 02:13:25 PM »
He was a great man,i'm sure he's in a better place he was one of the First Christian Zionists in the U.S.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 04:42:28 PM »
In his lifetime, he molded millions of Evangelical Christians back into a political and social force. This will last forever, G-d willing.

He will be missed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 04:48:05 PM by Trumpeldor »

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 04:55:53 PM »
This righteous gentile and great supporter of Israel will be missed. I'm sad he's gone... but he's with Hashem.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 07:10:53 PM »
I hope that he rests in peace.  He has done so much good for the world, and for Israel.

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 07:42:17 PM »
He is a friend?  He complained about a children's show promoting a gay movement.  The show was the teletubbies.  He noted that a carater had a upside down triangle on his head which is a symbol for gays.  It's a joke to complain about a kids show.  3 year olds won't know what it is.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 07:50:36 PM »
We lost a great friend and we mourn this loss. Rest in peace dear friend and enjoy all the splendor that Hashem may bless you with.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 08:54:59 PM »
so who now leads his projects?
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 08:59:43 PM »
Ohhhhh no!
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 09:05:29 PM »
so who now leads his projects?
I was wondering the same thing.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 09:19:16 PM »
He is a friend?  He complained about a children's show promoting a gay movement.  The show was the teletubbies.  He noted that a carater had a upside down triangle on his head which is a symbol for gays.  It's a joke to complain about a kids show.  3 year olds won't know what it is.

I thought it was because Tinky Winky was carrying a women's pocketbook. I thought it was funny that he said that.

But did Lesbians really cause 9/11?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 09:25:33 PM »

Why is this the first thing that pops into your head on a thread commemorating a Christian icon?

The forum expects better, Joe.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 09:28:50 PM »

I thought it was because Tinky Winky was carrying a women's pocketbook. I thought it was funny that he said that.

No, but the ACLU was part of that quote and they are causing the next 9/11.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 09:31:20 PM »

No, but the ACLU was part of that quote and they are causing the next 9/11.

The ACLU caused everything evil to this country and Israel since its inception..so how about them apples!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 09:32:12 PM »
Why is this the first thing that pops into your head on a thread commemorating a Christian icon?

Maybe because the anti-Christian media trumpeted that story endlessly, as opposed to all of the serious things which Falwell said and did.

Also, I've read that it wasn't Falwell, but one of his operatives, who said it. Not that it matters one way or another.

And the Teletubbies aside, the issue of homosexuality getting shoved down the throats of children is a serious one. Just look at our Brokeback Mountain (Bareback Mounting) thread.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 09:37:23 PM »

G-d punishes Gentile nations for permitting homosexuality and abortion. G-d also punishes Gentile nations for cursing Israel. Hurricane Katrina was because of the expulsion from Gaza. Either Robertson or Falwell said that it was because a homosexual parade was planned for New Orleans which was canceled as a result of the hurricane.

Do you actually believe that hurricane Katrina was because of the expulsion from Gaza or the homosexual parade was being planned for New Orleans?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 09:39:03 PM »

Maybe because the anti-Christian media trumpeted that story endlessly, as opposed to all of the serious things which Falwell said and did.

Also, I've read that it wasn't Falwell, but one of his operatives, who said it. Not that it matters one way or another.

And the Teletubbies aside, the issue of homosexuality getting shoved down the throats of children is a serious one. Just look at our Brokeback Mountain (Bareback Mounting) thread.

There is no doubt that the homosexuals have an agenda in teh schools and universities to mainstream homosexuality and by beginning with very young children. But still the Teletubbies?  Spongebob Square Pants?!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 09:41:35 PM »

G-d punishes Gentile nations for permitting homosexuality and abortion. G-d also punishes Gentile nations for cursing Israel. Hurricane Katrina was because of the expulsion from Gaza. Either Robertson or Falwell said that it was because a homosexual parade was planned for New Orleans which was canceled as a result of the hurricane.

Do you actually believe that hurricane Katrina was because of the expulsion from Gaza or the homosexual parade was being planned for New Orleans?

Chaim himself said it was because of the expulsion.

Hmmm Katrina on New Orleans resulted from Gaza expulsion...I don't get it...I dont' see it.

Yes, I do see Ariel Sharon's stroke and Gaza expulsion because I have also seen Oslo and Rabin's assassination and Netanyoyo and Hebron and losing his election and Ehud Barak and his lunecy with losing an election. 

And yes, the sunami on Indonesia and their anti-semitism...

But still...Gaza expulsion...Katrina in New Orleans...hmmm...don't see the connection.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 09:50:09 PM »
Congolooser Rice is from Alabama and George Wahabi Bush is from Texas. New Orleans is in between the two. They were threatening Israel. G-d punishes Gentile nations for cursing Israel.

But then I suppose the 12 feet of snow on western upstate NY this past winter was because GW Bush picked his nose and flicked it in the direction of Jerusalem?

Come on, yaacov... and disaster has to happen twice for it to be a sign from Gd in regards to a certain event.  Just like when Joseph has two similar dreams which were preminitions into the future. 

I'm sorry, to say something careless like that can border of Avodah Zarah

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 09:56:54 PM »
There is no doubt that the homosexuals have an agenda in teh schools and universities to mainstream homosexuality and by beginning with very young children. But still the Teletubbies?  Spongebob Square Pants?!

I have a feeling that Falwell's operative made that statement not out of silliness but rather in a calculated effort to get the media's attention, and to get a debate going. Don't forget that in 1999, the idea of homosexuals pushing their agenda on children wasn't so widely accepted as it is today. (However, if it was a deliberate tactic, it admittedly may have backfired in some respects.)

Contrary to what the media implied, Falwell never publicly endorsed the Teletubby statement, which was made in an article of his university's magazine. Asked about the article, he merely criticized homosexuals attempting to indoctrinate children.

However, we shouldn't think that Hollywood weirdos aren't constantly trying to sneak in subliminal messages on us.

In the 1960s, one of the most popular family shows was Leave It to Beaver, about a typical suburban American family called the Cleavers. The main character was a preadolescent boy named Theodore, nicknamed Beaver.

Get it?

Little Jerry Mathers (on the right) played Beaver Cleaver.

At least it was a heterosexual innuendo.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 10:02:38 PM by Dissenter »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 10:01:23 PM »

I have a feeling that Falwell's operative made that statement not out of silliness but rather in a calculated effort to get the media's attention, and to get a debate going. Don't forget that in 1999, the idea of homosexuals pushing their agenda on children wasn't so widely accepted as it is today. (However, if it was a deliberate tactic, it admittedly may have backfired in some respects.)

Contrary to what the media implied, Falwell never publicly endorsed the Teletubby statement, which was made in an article of his university's magazine. Asked about the article, he merely criticized homosexuals attempting to indoctrinate children.

However, we shouldn't think that Hollywood weirdos aren't constantly trying to sneak in subliminal messages on us.

In the 1960s, one of the most popular family shows was Leave It to Beaver, about a typical suburban American family called the Cleavers. The main character was a preadolescent boy named Theodore, nicknamed Beaver.

Get it?

Jerry Mathers (on the right) played Beaver Cleaver.

At least it was a heterosexual innuendo.

Dissenter, thank you for that clarification about what Falwell might have attempted to do in the 90's with the alleged Tellitubbi and Sponge Bob square pants statement. I definately backfired in my eyes because it was a dumb thing to say.

But I don't get the Beaver Cleever remark.  I think they called him Beaver because he had buck teeth like a beaver...and nothing to do with a part of the female anatomy :)  What is a Cleever anyway?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 10:02:28 PM »
May the good lord rest this man's soul.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 10:06:21 PM »
May the good lord rest this man's soul.
May his good work be continued.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.