Author Topic: So I was in California...(long post, hopefully worth it lol)  (Read 3837 times)

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Hey all, I just got back from California where I attended a family function and I thought I'd share an outsider's perspective on the state. I live in Ontario, Canada, and for me seeing a good portion of the state was a real eye-opener. As we all know, California is a real hot button place in America right now with the huge battle going on over illegal immigration. I'll go over where I was and what I saw when I was there.

I left Pearson International Airport in Toronto to attend a family function in LA. We arrived in San Francisco's airport about 5 hours later. Without tangenting too much, I'd like to say the security at Pearson is a thousand times tighter than at SF or LAX. There's more checkpoints and more attending security personnel, which I found somewhat funny. Of course, some of the personnel at LAX and SF were sleeping blacks so they maybe count as half? lol

Ok, so we arrive in San Francisco and the area surrounding the city and the drive in is spectacular. There's greenery, palms and cypress trees all over the place going into the city. It's a very pleasant drive and the homes in the hillside are quite a chance from Toronto. We don't have anything like that and it's far less green in and around the city. In fact, every city we went to was very green and attractive for the most part. Kudos to California on that.

But after entering the city from the main highway going in, you see the cancer. You're forced to drive through a series of streets(Folsom through Turk, I believe) which could be considered "black" neighborhoods. It is filthy and disgusting with grafitti everywhere. There are decrepit looking black people all over the streets in wheelchairs and walking with a limp. As a Torontonian, this was a bit shocking because when you think of San Fran you don't think about ghetto trash blacks making the city look like crap. I've never seen such a bunch of scaggy stanky looking people just loitering around doing nothing. And they curse and yell at each other from across the street. One woman was running down the street yelling to another black guy, "That niggga [censored] that niggga [censored] him!!!!!" and everyone could clearly hear it. I guess this is SF's ghetto. Toronto doesn't really have a black ghetto. It has black neighborhoods but they're nothing like this. Abandon all hope ye who enters the inner city. In SF we ended up seeing fisherman's wharf, the bridge and golden gate park, both of which were spectacular and unlike anything we'd see in Toronto. The park was particularly beautiful and well worth the visit. There is an AIDS monument of sorts in the park. The streets in SF are interesting too with 45 degree angle hills which make driving difficult. I'd say the city is worth visiting if only to see golden gate park.

Another tangent of sorts: There were signs at some places for "free HIV testing". Now, it's good that these services are provided, but really, these people need to question WHY they are needed in the first place. The homosexual lifestyle is what makes this a necessity and I see nothing wrong with questioning the lifestyle in itself. Normal people shouldn't have to worry about getting HIV from sex. The solution is really just don't put your wang in someone's behind. Problem solved.

We drove south to Monterey and the city is absolutely beautiful. Well worth the trip. The city was predominantly white from what I could tell. We also drove through Carmel by the Sea which is a spectacular(and very ritzy) quant little town. From there we went to San Luis Obispo which is a college town and was also very nice and particularly clean. Everyone should make an effort at some point in their life to drive down highway 1 along the coast from San Fran to LA. The coastline, cliffs and forests are unbelievable and something I'll never forget. All the cities we visited were extremely clean and green. As we went south, you could definitely see more hispanics and less blacks popping up. After that we passed through Malibu to Santa Monica where we stayed. Obviously Malibu is ridiculous and nearly 100% rich white folks but Santa Monica seemed more mixed. Overall, both were very nice.

The real shocker for me was seeing the employment demographics in California. Nearly 100% of the skilled tradesmen(ie: plumbers, electricians, contractors), field workers and servicepeople(ie: restaurant workers, cooks, waiters/waitresses) were hispanic. Where I live in Toronto, these jobs are filled by no race in particular. You see whites mostly(simply b/c whites are a big majority), asians, indians, blacks, few hispanics, etc. It pretty much matches the demographic of the city. In California, it's all hispanics and I assume a good chunk are illegal aliens from Mexico, particularly around LA.

Now, I know it's easy to be angry that these people are there illegally. They are violating America's sovereignty, make no mistakes about it. But at the same time, it's very much also the fault of the state of California. What the hell would California do if all these people simply left? They would have no servicepeople, farm workers or tradesmen. The state would fall apart without the hispanics filling jobs that the whites in California for whatever reason won't/can't fill. Now, you might say that the hispanics get the jobs because they do it for less money and probably under the table. I'm sure that's true in a lot of cases, but when nearly 100% of these jobs are filled by hispanics, the white people in California are to blame as well. The whites simply feel these type of jobs are beneath them, and really it's disgusting. The decadence is really palpable. I'm of the opinion that any kind of job for the most part is honorable as long as you put in a good day's work and work hard. A strawberry picker is just as honorable as a coporate executive and works just as hard for his/her money.

The hispanics just seem happy to have steady jobs and be earning money. Being a maid, field worker or waiter isn't beneath them and they aren't decadent or feeling entitled. Yeah sometimes it's a bit hard to deal with them and they're hard to understand, but after seeing it I'd rather deal with a hispanic person who takes their job seriously and is trying than some white guy/girl who couldn't bother to treat me like a person. I'm dead serious when I say that every single hispanic worker I dealt with was professional, courteous and did their job fairly well. Kind of shocking, I know.

So where does this leave California? In a real pickle. They have one ethnicity filling so many necessities. You have hispanics coming from Mexico, not paying taxes and overall being a drag on their economy because of the services they use such as healthcare. This is harmful, though it seems somewhat necessary at the same time because if they all disappeared or went back home, the economy of California would fall apart as whites definitely don't seem to want to fill their jobs. I'm not really sure California can fix the situation at this point. Whatever solution I would say can't be completed swiftly because it would destroy the economy altogether. Something should be in place where these Mexicans who actually want to come work and fill jobs legally. Man, the white people in California really, really let me down. They've let their state get to this point by not instilling a good ethic in their children that service jobs are NOT beneath them. Kudos to the hispanic workers I saw who were looked down upon and treated like crap by rich white [censored] in restaurants. They didn't say a thing and just went on doing their jobs.

I may very well be wrong, but the real ticking timebomb in America is not the hispanics. They can work hard and integrate with whites, or at least enough of them can. The real problem with America is the BLACKS. The black ghettos are cesspools of inhumanity. Even driving through some of the poorer hispanic areas of places like Santa Clara or LA you don't see the disgusting stanky people just loitering around on the streets. The blacks provide virtually nothing, take everything and turn their neighborhoods into hellholes. This is particularly damning seeing as they have receive billions upon billions of affirmative action and handouts, a lot more than the hispanics have got. America's problem will continue to be the blacks and their unwillingness to integrate. I never saw one black person in any of the jobs I outlined. Why work when you can sit on the street drinking malt liquor with your homies and collect a welfare cheque?

Hopefully I've added some perspective. It was eye-opening. California's in a lot of trouble and I don't think any illegal immigration solution presented so far provides a real solution, sadly.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: So I was in California...(long post, hopefully worth it lol)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 10:32:30 AM »
I believe that in SF Blacks are a minority... Asians are by far the biggest majority in SF. I live about 20 minutes from San Francisco and go there about 2 times a month... I love GG park, the Presidio, and various other spots in the city...

In 1996 the breakdown was:
40% Asian
24% 'White'
21% Hispanic
13% Black
.3% American Indian

I don't know what the statistics are today, but I do concur that the majority is Asian and then white.... On our last visit to Haight Ashbury we did not see many non-Asian or whites.

PS: I don't like going to Haight Ashbury very much anymore... Mostly due to changes which have occured to me {in my 20-30s I used to love to go to that area}..

Here is another statistic on SF demographic 'growth' rates:

http://www.asian-nation.org/population.shtml

Racial/Ethnic Group   Growth Rate, 1980-1990   Growth Rate, 1990-2000
Whites   4.09%   5.08%
Blacks   11.98%   15.26%
American Indians   35.44%   14.42%
Latinos/Hispanics   53.02%   39.42%
Asian Americans   96.13%   63.24%
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 10:38:23 AM »
It's a beautiful city, aside from the black areas. Disgusting considering they have every opportunity to be a part in it. They have no pride in themselves or their neighborhoods and it really shows. I can't help but feel if they were all replaced by asians, whites or even hispanics that they neighborhoods would change almost overnight. SF is obviously a very rich city and there's no reason for anyone to have decrepit neighborhoods or be sitting around on the streets drinking liquor and looking stanky. If the blacks are like that in SF I can only imagine how they are in cities with larger inner cities that are far poorer. I remember one scaggy niggg in particular who sits near the wharf in SF. He sits by a giant planter and holds up tree branches over his face. When people walk by, he comes out from behind them to scare them. The "Bushman"... Oi.

Haight-Ashbury seems like a very gay area, no?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:50:37 AM by The Coon »
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 10:55:10 AM »
Which is all why I dont live there anymore
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 11:40:28 AM »
Which is all why I dont live there anymore

It is such a beautiful place to live though. I've never seen such natural beauty before. It's really sad that one day it will disappear because the people of California stopped being vigilant enough to protect what they had.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 11:46:58 AM »
Its not beautiful anymore if the spirit is gone. It used to have such a nice spirit, now its UGLY.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 12:05:05 PM »
California is indeed a beautiful place. I visited Bodega Bay 2 weeks ago and it was very very nice... And there are many places to get away from the city areas. Yosemite is another great place in CA...

And no, the Haight-Ashbury area is famous for the hippies... There are plenty of gay parts of town but I don't know about them...

The problem I saw with the haight last time I was there {last week} was that virtually every storefront had an idol placed conspicuously in the the window... I told my friend that I could not go into any of the stores there.... So many prostitutes, trannys, and other freaks were everywhere. Needless to say we only spent about 20 minutes there before I wanted to leave...

Yosemite:

Haight Ashbury: Where the Grateful Dead got famous

Bodega Bay : Where Hitchcocks 'The Birds' was filmed

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »
That's a really interesting account. California is really a schizoid state isn't it ? It is so rich, yet it's government is bankrupt. It is filled with many privileged people and yet even more people of poor underclasses. It's like... Brazil.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 12:14:04 PM »
So far, Baruch Hashem, California has been very good to me...

I first lived in Marina Del Rey, with my father for almost 10 years {after moving from Connecticut}, lived in Venice Beach for 2 years, moved to Long Beach for 10 years {lived in an apt on the beach}, and ended up moving north to the SF Bay area to work in Silicon Valley...

Marina Del Rey:

Mariners Villiage where I lived with dad:

Famous Venice Beach Boardwalk:

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:20:58 PM by muman613 »

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 02:42:22 PM »
That's a really interesting account. California is really a schizoid state isn't it ? It is so rich, yet it's government is bankrupt. It is filled with many privileged people and yet even more people of poor underclasses. It's like... Brazil.

An entire class of jobs are filled by people hispanics and a lot of them are illegal. I mean think of it like this. Let's say we rounded up all the illegals and threw them out. Now imagine if your town immediately lost 90% of its servicepeople and tradesmen. It would be a nuthouse. California has become so reliant on illegal immigrant workers that they are basically propping. If you meet a hispanic person working in the hospitality industry in California and you can tell English is their second language, they're obviously from Mexico and probably illegal(because it's so easy to get into California).

And yeah, the whites and asians are like an upper class and the hispanics are kind of a lower working class it seemed. And that's really sad to see. The whites/asians rely on people from another country to help keep their state going. I have respect for the illegal workers a lot more now because they all did seem to work hard despite not knowing English well and they were all very pleasant. I was in Malibu for one night at a restaurant. All the patrons are rich white people and the bartender was a white girl who cracked a joke at a hispanic waiter "no speaky English", meanwhile all the damn waiters are hispanic so why is she complaining? There obviously aren't white people lining up for the job and they gotta hire someone. I really can't blame a Mexican for going to California to work and live. After going there, I can't at all.

It's like the state is on some low level of life support where people know the current course is not sustainable but are holding out as long as possible.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 03:01:11 PM »
And I would support an Arizona style law to get rid of the illegals...

I have a nice Mexican family next door who somehow has 3 other families living with them in a 5 bedroom house... Sometimes they do play their mariachi music too loud... But for the most part I can walk over there and tell them to turn it down... I would like to get the illegals out of California..

But I agree that most Mexicans here do work hard, harder than the blacks do..

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 03:49:40 PM »
Muman, there's a safety issue there, please report them because you're only allowed to have so many people living in one house and if there's a fire that could mean they all die.

The Coon, what you saw on a brief visit is NOT the same as living in that kind of environment.

They don't want to integrate, they want to turn California, Texas, and other states into part of Mexico. Their children are loyal to Mexico, not the United States. Because of the USA's outdated law that if you're born here, you're automatically a citizen, we have millions of anchor babies who have the "right to vote", who are completely loyal to Mexico, not the USA. It's sedition on a massive scale.

Many of them are extremely arrogant, and as a tourist you may not have seen that side of it because your stay was so short. If you create a guest worker program, that will cause millions and millions more to flood over uncontrollably! As for the economy, they are much more of a drain than you realize. They shut down emergency rooms, many apply for any kind of welfare they can get (since their job is not legal, they can fudge how much income they make, etc.

Their culture is NOT the same as that of the USA or Canada. They are third world and everything that goes with it. Did you happen to go to a Mexican grocery store while you visited? Try it next time. More than likely the fruit bins will have at least one (probably more) pieces of fruit with bites taken out of them and the rest of the fruit thrown back in to contaminate the rest. You're likely to see flies, lots of flies in the produce department. Down the aisles you may see some  empty packages (stolen items). You will see a mother with 4 little quail trailing behind her with a belly full of another little anchor baby. In the meat section you will see packages of meat with finger holes punched through the plastic where a finger had poked the meat. All around you, you will hear a loud chatter of Spanish, and might even see full-grown adults picking their noses or ears. Sometimes, you will even see a dirty look thrown your way, as if to say you're the one who doesn't belong.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »
RS,

I have not seen those kinds of conditions anywhere I have lived... And I have lived, as I said, both in Los Angeles and San Francisco areas. Of course I never hung out in East LA {though I did work there for several years in the 80s}...

The family next door told me that some of the people who moved in will be moving out soon... I hope that it is true...

PS: There are many places where the Mexicans hang out waiting to be picked up for work... I have never had to employ them so I don't know how well they work...

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 04:14:02 PM »
Ruby, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. Likely, all of what you say is 100% true. I'm trying to look at this in a practical way though. The fact is they are here and extremely intertwined in the fabric of California. There are so many of them filling jobs that white/asian or black(obviously lol) people obviously don't want. Obviously they shouldn't be allowed to get services like welfare if they are illegal, but that is more the fault of the state. Same with anchor babies. That's the fault of the state for allowing that [censored]. If they had guest worker status or something along those lines at least they'd be paying their fair share in taxes.

The state would pretty much shut down if they were all rounded up and removed. =\ That's what is so sad about the situation there. I don't really know what the answer is. There's no doubt they're filling a [censored] ton of jobs nobody else wants.

Many of them are extremely arrogant, and as a tourist you may not have seen that side of it because your stay was so short. If you create a guest worker program, that will cause millions and millions more to flood over uncontrollably! As for the economy, they are much more of a drain than you realize. They shut down emergency rooms, many apply for any kind of welfare they can get (since their job is not legal, they can fudge how much income they make, etc.

Their culture is NOT the same as that of the USA or Canada. They are third world and everything that goes with it. Did you happen to go to a Mexican grocery store while you visited? Try it next time. More than likely the fruit bins will have at least one (probably more) pieces of fruit with bites taken out of them and the rest of the fruit thrown back in to contaminate the rest. You're likely to see flies, lots of flies in the produce department. Down the aisles you may see some  empty packages (stolen items). You will see a mother with 4 little quail trailing behind her with a belly full of another little anchor baby. In the meat section you will see packages of meat with finger holes punched through the plastic where a finger had poked the meat. All around you, you will hear a loud chatter of Spanish, and might even see full-grown adults picking their noses or ears. Sometimes, you will even see a dirty look thrown your way, as if to say you're the one who doesn't belong.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 05:16:59 PM »
RS,

I have not seen those kinds of conditions anywhere I have lived...

Lucky you. I have.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 05:26:32 PM »
Ruby, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. Likely, all of what you say is 100% true. I'm trying to look at this in a practical way though. The fact is they are here and extremely intertwined in the fabric of California. There are so many of them filling jobs that white/asian or black(obviously lol) people obviously don't want.

They're filling the jobs because they make up most of the population. When the population of this country was over 90% white then white people filled most of those jobs. If you send the illegals all home, and preferably find some way to encourage their "American citizen" anchor babies to leave too, then some towns might collapse but that really doesn't matter because what is left will be more authentically American and not seditious in nature, loyal to another country above America.

Obviously they shouldn't be allowed to get services like welfare if they are illegal, but that is more the fault of the state. Same with anchor babies. That's the fault of the state for allowing that drek. If they had guest worker status or something along those lines at least they'd be paying their fair share in taxes.

You are so naive! So one guest worker comes over (for example, the father), and he brings his wife, his 4 kids, and then they have a 5th kid while they live here. In the mean time, his eldest daughter turns 14 and pops out her first anchor baby. Now you have 1 guest worker, a wife that works illegally (but can't be deported now because she won't be separated from her 5th child), 4 kids that are illegals, and 2 anchor babies. Now this x a million and you begin to see how that would destroy the entire area where a guest worker program is allowed. Plus do you really think they'll go back when their guest worker visa expires? If you believe that I've got some nice swamp land to sell you. 

The state would pretty much shut down if they were all rounded up and removed. =\ That's what is so sad about the situation there. I don't really know what the answer is. There's no doubt they're filling a drek ton of jobs nobody else wants.

Even if someone wants those jobs they don't get them because illegals are given preference. Furthermore, a lot of those are artificial positions made to serve their own group as customers.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 06:26:33 PM »
Quote from: Rubystars
You are so naive! So one guest worker comes over (for example, the father), and he brings his wife, his 4 kids, and then they have a 5th kid while they live here. In the mean time, his eldest daughter turns 14 and pops out her first anchor baby. Now you have 1 guest worker, a wife that works illegally (but can't be deported now because she won't be separated from her 5th child), 4 kids that are illegals, and 2 anchor babies. Now this x a million and you begin to see how that would destroy the entire area where a guest worker program is allowed. Plus do you really think they'll go back when their guest worker visa expires? If you believe that I've got some nice swamp land to sell you.
This says it all in a nutshell.  And, of course, as you point out, this type of population grows exponentially, and, like certain kinds of weeds, they crowd out and kill all the grass.  In not too many years, our great country will be unrecognizable.  And, quite frankly, as a country, we're just too stupid to stop it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 06:28:33 PM »
Quote from: Rubystars
This says it all in a nutshell.  And, of course, as you point out, this type of population grows exponentially, and, like certain kinds of weeds, they crowd out and kill all the grass.  In not too many years, our great country will be unrecognizable.  And, quite frankly, as a country, we're just too stupid to stop it.

California is a BIG state... There is so much empty space I don't think that we will be crowded out soon... But I do agree that the rule of law needs to be upheld. I have no problem with Mexicans as long as they are legally entering this country.

http://education.usgs.gov/california/maps/california_population2.htm

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 06:38:43 PM »
You're in California and I'm not, so you know better than I.  However, I have read that, thanks to all the illegals in California, the health system is absolutely collapsing.  Is that true?  Is it also not true, that thanks to the illegals, that California is either bankrupt or on the verge of bankruptcy?

Do you believe any of these problems would exist if there were no illegals in California?

(And I didn't even mention the crime situation.)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 06:42:58 PM »
You're in California and I'm not, so you know better than I.  However, I have read that, thanks to all the illegals in California, the health system is absolutely collapsing.  Is that true?  Is it also not true, that thanks to the illegals, that California is either bankrupt or on the verge of bankruptcy?

Do you believe any of these problems would exist if there were no illegals in California?

(And I didn't even mention the crime situation.)

I am not happy with the health system here in CA and it doesn't have to do with the illegals... I just don't trust most Doctors here in CA... Many of them don't really know what they are talking about... Im sorry for relating this but I was misdiagnosed for 3 years before they realized they were treating me with the wrong treatment...

Otherwise my PPO medical plan has taken care of most of the costs... I don't know about HMO and other care plans... My company supplies the medical plan which I use..

As far as crime goes... I have been very lucky and have only witnessed crime against my family twice in 25 years, once my house was broken into and things stolen, and long ago I was attacked by a mob of black gangsters while hanging out at Venice Beach... I don't know who commits most crime here, although Oakland and Richmond both have very bad problems with black gang violence...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond,_California
The city has in recent years suffered from a high crime rate, so serious that the city council at one point requested a declaration of a state of emergency and asked for the intervention of the Contra Costa County Sheriff and the California Highway Patrol in order to ameliorate the crime rate.[47] Murder, vehicle theft and larceny rates are all high, although they tend to be concentrated in certain areas such as the Iron Triangle and areas surrounding adjacent unincorporated North Richmond, which is outside the jurisdiction of the Richmond Police Department.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland,_California#Crime
Oakland's crime rate began to escalate during the late 1960s, and by the end of the 1970s Oakland's per capita murder rate had risen to twice that of San Francisco or New York City. Crime continued to escalate during the 1980s, and during the 1990s and 2000s Oakland has consistently been listed as one of the most dangerous large cities in the United States. Today crime remains one of Oakland's most serious challenges, and Oakland continues to have a reputation among its own citizens, its police force, and residents of other Bay Area cities as a dangerous place, with one of the top five highest rates of violent crime in the US.[38][96][97] [98]

PS: I have a friend from my minyan who happens to be a Richmond Police officer who works for their SWAT team... It is reassuring to have him on Shabbat or Yom Tov because he carries his gun everywhere..

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 07:06:39 PM »
You were attacked by a gang of blacks.  That's very frightening.  You're lucky to be alive and in one piece and not disabled or disfigured.  I believe we should all carry guns so that we're prepared -- not just as Jews, but as citizens.  Of course, being an identifiable Jew might get you singled out.  Let's never forget Yankel Rosenbaum Aleva Shalom.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 07:34:20 PM »
You were attacked by a gang of blacks.  That's very frightening.  You're lucky to be alive and in one piece and not disabled or disfigured.  I believe we should all carry guns so that we're prepared -- not just as Jews, but as citizens.  Of course, being an identifiable Jew might get you singled out.  Let's never forget Yankel Rosenbaum Aleva Shalom.

Well, my nose got broken, and I never had it fixed so it is still slightly crooked... Back in the 1980s I was not so outwardly 'Jewish' looking as I am today...

I was 'partying' with some of my friends at Venice Beach in the early evening when a crowd of them walked towards our group. I had gotten up to go to the public restrooms but when I came back I saw a black girl yelling and screaming at one of the girls in the group I was with... She was pulling the white girls hair and just screaming... I walked up and said "What the hell is going on here?" and at that point two big gorillas walked up to me, looked me in the eye, and punched me in the nose... My nose bled profusely and I ran... I ended up going back to the house of one of my friends mothers house... That was in 1986 or 1987....

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 08:45:11 PM »
Ruby, why is it naive? The whole concept of the "anchor baby" is not the fault of the illegal Mexican. It's the US politicians who invented the concept of an "anchor baby". If the law simply stated that they couldn't use "anchor babies" that would solve it. The children of, say, a guest worker wouldn't get citizenship and wouldn't count. The child of Mexican citizens should be Mexican, not American obviously.

I'm not naive, I'm simply stating a fact that illegals make up a huge portion of the workforce in key sectors like hospitality, farming and trades. Thinking you can just kick them all out with the current legal framework in place is silly. It can't and won't happen. I'm sure even the liberal politicians know they're a drag to the state but it would be even more of a hit if they all went away because they'd lose a lot of workers. A guest worker program would work if immigration simply enforced the law. Their kids shouldn't entitle them to citizenship and kick them out or let them re-apply for another visa when their work visa ends. All it would take is for America to actually enforce its laws.

You're wrong when you say they fill the jobs. California is 35% or so hispanic yet virtually every one of the sectors I outlined are flooded with hispanics. Why are the waiters in restaurants not 65% white, asian or black and 35% hispanic? They're nearly ALL hispanics because the hispanics are willing to take those jobs and the liberal whites and asians in California think those jobs are beneath them.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2010, 02:22:33 AM »
I thought I knew SF because I used to watch "Monk". But over there it seems like 80% of the people are white (and straight). I didn't know SF was majority Asian.

The Coon, I think that you over estimate the importance of the illegal work force. Obviously there is not going to be a situation where all the mexicans instantly teleport back to mexico (even if it was it is way better to lose all the low skill service positions than for example lose all the policemen, nurses, and doctors).

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 02:29:06 PM »

Their culture is NOT the same as that of the USA or Canada. They are third world and everything that goes with it. Did you happen to go to a Mexican grocery store while you visited? Try it next time. More than likely the fruit bins will have at least one (probably more) pieces of fruit with bites taken out of them and the rest of the fruit thrown back in to contaminate the rest. You're likely to see flies, lots of flies in the produce department. Down the aisles you may see some  empty packages (stolen items). You will see a mother with 4 little quail trailing behind her with a belly full of another little anchor baby. In the meat section you will see packages of meat with finger holes punched through the plastic where a finger had poked the meat. All around you, you will hear a loud chatter of Spanish, and might even see full-grown adults picking their noses or ears. Sometimes, you will even see a dirty look thrown your way, as if to say you're the one who doesn't belong.

Sounds like one big FDA violation
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt