Author Topic: GAY MARRIAGE POSSIBLE??  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: GAY MARRIAGE POSSIBLE??
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 08:28:47 AM »
you seem to really hate homosexuals. a lot of extreme homophones are secretly gay. remember that state senator from california?  hated gays all his life and voted for every anti-gay legislation, later, he got caught drunk driving out of a gay club with another guy in his car and ended up admitting his gay. i don't mean to be rude or anything, im just saying.

It's not about hating anyone. It's about saying certain behaviors are sins for everyone, and all people are held to the same standards as far as not committing those sins. The Bible very clearly forbids homosexual sex. Those who engage in it are committing a sin. We have compassion for those who have the urges and want to fight acting on them, so we don't hate people with the homosexual desires, we just don't want people to act on them.

homosexuality, including gay marriage just don't seem to be that degrading. if it's 2 consenting people that love each other, i fail to see the problem in allowing them to  be in legal wedlock.

It's not marriage. It makes a mockery of marriage. Marriage is what a man and woman do together to build a life together, and to raise a family together if they're fertile.

also, just out of curiosity, would you accept a compromise of allowing gay couples to have a status identical to marriage, only under a different name?

I don't like it. I think it's a slippery slope. It would be better than calling it marriage, but I still dont' like it being formally recognized.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 08:39:37 AM »

also, just out of curiosity, would you accept a compromise of allowing gay couples to have a status identical to marriage, only under a different name?

I don't like it. I think it's a slippery slope. It would be better than calling it marriage, but I still dont' like it being formally recognized.

well, its a good idea to to have that, since if a gay couple divorces, then we need to figure out who gets what.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 08:48:53 AM »
If they can't get married, they can't very well get divorced. They only have legal rights to their own individual property, and if they shared things, then let the same law apply as two friends that shared something.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 08:53:44 AM »
Re: "This world and the World To Come are like an orange "

My rabbi says that both this world and the World To Come are not like an orange, but in fact are like a navel orange.

This is because once you peel away the tough skin and reach the tasty inner portion a normal orange, you might choke to death on the orange seeds.

So you have to spit out the seeds or somehow get them out of the fruit.

When you remove the seeds, they will sprout and grow more of This World.

Therefore, according to my rabbi, one who compares the World To Come to an orange has committed the greatest sin:

"The Unforgivable Sin of the Seed Fruit"!

Therefore, when discussing the present world and the promise of The World To Come, the pious Jew must refer to both as a navel orange.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 09:14:38 AM »
It's not like the marriage of a same-sex couple interferes in any way shape or form with marriages of straight couples. I'm 100% straight and I don't mind the idea of having 2 guys or 2 girls that really love each-other getting married.

I never got why people oppose stuff that doesn't interfere with them. What can you do that g-d can't do? He can deliver any form of punishment he sees fit and you don't have to do a thing.

Yes, when someone tries to kill you, others are not morally obligated to help you out.

G-D is the Ultimate and the only real Judge but it doesn't mean we should sit idly while evil rises.

its not like gay marriage interferes with anyone. yes, if someone is attempting murder, it does hurt a person. but i don't see how having 2 gay people marry going to hurt anyone. it doesn't interfere with anyone in the community, so just let Hashem take care of it.

It hurts society.

It hurts the participants because it "sanctions" their sinning, but it also hurts society and pulls more people into the same sinning.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 09:16:13 AM »
Therefore, when discussing the present world and the promise of The World To Come, the pious Jew must refer to both as a navel orange.

:laugh: :::D Reminds me of hippies staring at their navel

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 09:17:08 AM »
you seem to really hate homosexuals. a lot of extreme homophones are secretly gay. remember that state senator from california? ...

I assure you that homophones are NOT gay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophone

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 09:20:45 AM »

yes, i am a secularist, i have enough confidence in Hashem that if he doesn't like something he will take care of it as he sees fit and being the all-powerful entity that he is, he does not need help from mortals to enforce his law. for that reason, i dont find it necessary to enforce my religious beliefs on anyone.

:o

How can a "secularist" call himself a Kahanist?

And if you are a "secularist" what confidence do you have in Hashem.   How do you have confidence in something you don't believe in?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 09:31:18 AM »
Re:  "Reminds me of hippies staring at their navel "

My rabbi also says that anyone who disputes or ridicules his words has already forfeited their place in The World To Come!

>:(

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 09:57:12 AM »

My rabbi also says that anyone who disputes or ridicules his words has already forfeited their place in The World To Come!

:o :'(

What if I compare the world to a cantaloupe?

Offline nuchsh

• Junior JTFer
  • looks like muhammad is busy
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 10:08:06 AM »
not allowing gay marriage wont cause the gay guys to become straight. Ancient Greece respected homosexuality and that civilization lasted for a long long time.

yes, i am a secularist, i have enough confidence in Hashem that if he doesn't like something he will take care of it as he sees fit and being the all-powerful entity that he is, he does not need help from mortals to enforce his law. for that reason, i dont find it necessary to enforce my religious beliefs on anyone.

so maybe we shouldn't put murderess in prison because god could take care NO god gave us free choice but we have a responsibility to make the right decisions and enforce civilization if god didn't give us the option to choose then there would be no point of reward or punishment and there would be no purpose of the whole universe god's goal is to give us eternal rewards but if we don't deserve it we will not be 100% satisfied we will fell like a poor person getting a gift in order we should feel 100% good with our eternal reward we have to feel that we deserve it so god gave us the opportunity to struggle and overcome our desires to please him in order that our reward should be a much better one
Thus, should the nations of the world say to Israel, "You are robbers, for you have taken by force the lands of the Seven Nations,"4 they [Israel] will say to them: "All the earth belongs to G-d. He created it and gave it to whomever He saw fit. It was His will to give it to them and it was His will to take it from them and give it to us."

(Rashi, Genesis Chapter One Verse A)

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 10:15:45 AM »
not allowing gay marriage wont cause the gay guys to become straight. Ancient Greece respected homosexuality and that civilization lasted for a long long time.

so maybe we shouldn't put murderess in prison because G-d could take care NO G-d gave us free choice but we have a responsibility to make the right decisions and enforce civilization if G-d didn't give us the option to choose then there would be no point of reward or punishment and there would be no purpose of the whole universe G-d's goal is to give us eternal rewards but if we don't deserve it we will not be 100% satisfied we will fell like a poor person getting a gift in order we should feel 100% good with our eternal reward we have to feel that we deserve it so G-d gave us the opportunity to struggle and overcome our desires to please him in order that our reward should be a much better one

murder is also a crime against the community and poses an immediate danger to us. homosexuality is a sin against g-d and dosnt pose a threat to the community. so lets just let g-d take care of it himself,

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 10:45:36 AM »

Have you seen the number of seeds in a cantaloupe!?!?  :o
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 11:18:59 AM »

so maybe we shouldn't put murderess in prison because G-d could take care NO G-d gave us free choice but we have a responsibility to make the right decisions and enforce civilization if G-d didn't give us the option to choose then there would be no point of reward or punishment and there would be no purpose of the whole universe G-d's goal is to give us eternal rewards but if we don't deserve it we will not be 100% satisfied we will fell like a poor person getting a gift in order we should feel 100% good with our eternal reward we have to feel that we deserve it so G-d gave us the opportunity to struggle and overcome our desires to please him in order that our reward should be a much better one

murder is also a crime against the community and poses an immediate danger to us. homosexuality is a sin against g-d and dosnt pose a threat to the community. so lets just let g-d take care of it himself,

That clown argument would make sense if we were doing nothing to encourage this particular sin.  But "sanctioning" it by granting the sinners "marriage rights" to commit their sin, is doing more than just letting "God take care of it," it's increasing the incidence of this sin, causing more people to commit it, and by convincing those who do commit it that what they are doing is "ok" and "just like marriage" you also cause the individual sinners to commit the sin more.   This is backwards.   No other sin gets promoted (And that includes other sins between man and God).  Yet you want to promote this sin.   

Your comparison is also false because homosexual sex is a sin between man and man.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010, 11:58:51 AM »

Have you seen the number of seeds in a cantaloupe!?!?  :o

Yes! I've cut open enough of them  :laugh:

Offline nuchsh

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2010, 12:00:40 PM »
maybe we should force all people with the homosexual ideology to marry each other and not have kids so in the next generation there will be no such ideology and to "KahanistLiberal" what a shame your pop wasn't married to a male partner there would be one less liberal today
Thus, should the nations of the world say to Israel, "You are robbers, for you have taken by force the lands of the Seven Nations,"4 they [Israel] will say to them: "All the earth belongs to G-d. He created it and gave it to whomever He saw fit. It was His will to give it to them and it was His will to take it from them and give it to us."

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010, 12:12:18 PM »
maybe we should force all people with the homosexual ideology to marry each other and not have kids so in the next generation there will be no such ideology and to "KahanistLiberal" what a shame your pop wasn't married to a male partner there would be one less liberal today

They'll just keep trying to take other people's children and raise them in the sick ideology. And yes, that's what they do when they "adopt". They can't have children of their own if they're exclusively homosexual, so they have to take children from other people if they want them.

Imagine this nightmare scenario, which could very well happen.

A good parent who doesn't abuse their kid is somehow accused by social services of abuse, even if it's not true. Let's say their kid is a little too fat, or they had to spank their kid and someone saw it and reported it as physical abuse, or the kid has some kind of other problem and somehow the parents get blamed for it. Maybe CPS thinks that it's abusive to tell your kid not to walk at night in a black neighborhood because that's racist. The kid gets taken away and put into a foster family. What happens if this foster family is gay? There's nothign the parents could do about it.

Don't put it past the government to force good conservative parents (especially Bible-believing Jews and Christians) to give up their kids, and hand them over to homosexuals. It may not be common now, but it could be in the future.

Offline nuchsh

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010, 12:39:23 PM »
for all those people saying homosexuality is a natural thing you get born with so why make a gay parade and not make a eating,sleeping,breathing,heterosexual parade if you guys are so unsure if you are really gay or just sick that you are trying to force us to see it in the streets then i really doubt you are gay because i don't go around parading that i am straight because i have nothing to prove

hey maybe in this new 12000 page health care bill that obama is shoving down our thoughts there is coverage for psychiatric help for these homosexuals obama wouldn't do it out of his own knowledge but we all know no one read the whole bill so maybe someone put it in there

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 12:40:44 PM »
Gay marriage is asur.

The rest is commentary.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 02:10:07 PM »
The gay marriage ban being declared unconstitutional was done because Obama, the Democrats/Communists and his Marxist judges want to destroy the family, which is one of the major foundations of Western society. 

Correct, First you dismantle Historical backgrounds, and break up the family units, you deceive people into electing a Muslim President, and then you leak national security documents, build mosques under the guise of religious freedoms, claim to want peace and be moderate, when its all about take-over of the West!    If God had entended for a man to lie with a man and a woman to lie with a woman, then why did he create 1 man and 1 woman.  Because 2 men or 2 women cannot produce an offspring.  The world would not have been populated and would not exist.   

Gay marriage is an abomination to God and those who are ignoring the scriptures are going to find out just how abominable!

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2010, 02:42:04 PM »
gay marriage is Marxist? what does re-distribution of wealth have to do with homosexuality?

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2010, 03:01:43 PM »
gay marriage is Marxist? what does re-distribution of wealth have to do with homosexuality?

Marxism has a lot to do with the destruction of family ! Family is viewed by the marxists as a "bourgeois" institution that needs to be eradicated. Besides, communism is not about re-distribution of wealth as you claim, that is social democracy or the welfare state. In a communist state, there is no wealth to redistribute, because there is no more wealth !

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »
You nerd to understand something from this movement. We do not hate people with homosexual feelings. We hate it when they act upon those desires.

We especially hate those who encourage immoral behavior and dislike it when others write it off.

Someone can still be attracted to the same sex but abhor homosexuality.

It's not the attraction which is sinful. It's the very behavior which is.

FYI earthquake is not a homosexual so simple name calling only shows your frustration.

you seem to really hate homosexuals. a lot of extreme homophones are secretly gay. remember that state senator from california?  hated gays all his life and voted for every anti-gay legislation, later, he got caught drunk driving out of a gay club with another guy in his car and ended up admitting his gay. i don't mean to be rude or anything, im just saying.

im sure theres tons of straight homophobes, im just recalling a story i heard about a closet homosexual who hated his gay side way too much, things like that pop up a lot.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2010, 03:55:05 PM »
All I can say is that any type of homosexual behavior should be discouraged marriage it no marriage.

It's not like the marriage of a same-sex couple interferes in any way shape or form with marriages of straight couples. I'm 100% straight and I don't mind the idea of having 2 guys or 2 girls that really love each-other getting married.

I never got why people oppose stuff that doesn't interfere with them. What can you do that g-d can't do? He can deliver any form of punishment he sees fit and you don't have to do a thing.

It degrades society as a whole. You can't control other people but you can put certain limits on what kind of perversions that the government endorses! There is no reason to publicly endorse sinful behavior!

homosexuality, including gay marriage just don't seem to be that degrading. if it's 2 consenting people that love each other, i fail to see the problem in allowing them to  be in legal wedlock.

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2010, 04:19:38 PM »
You nerd to understand something from this movement. We do not hate people with homosexual feelings. We hate it when they act upon those desires.

We especially hate those who encourage immoral behavior and dislike it when others write it off.

Someone can still be attracted to the same sex but abhor homosexuality.

It's not the attraction which is sinful. It's the very behavior which is.

FYI earthquake is not a homosexual so simple name calling only shows your frustration.

im sure theres tons of straight homophobes, im just recalling a story i heard about a closet homosexual who hated his gay side way too much, things like that pop up a lot.

Correct. we are supposed to have yetzer haras and tayvahs, but we are not supposed to act on them for only one reason: Because Hashem said so.