Author Topic: Huge Former World champ Negro boxer destroyed by smaller UFC fighter (Courture).  (Read 2673 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
http://www.badlefthook.com/2010/8/29/1656480/randy-couture-dominates-submits

Randy Couture dominates, submits James Toney at UFC 118

Randy Couture had no trouble submitting James Toney at UFC 118. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)

View full size photo »

Randy Couture didn't even give James Toney a chance.

Toney, the boxing veteran and formerly one of the best fighters in the entire sport, gave mixed martial arts a chance tonight in Boston at UFC 118, and was immediately taken down and dominated by the 47-year-old Couture. Toney submitted in the first round to an arm triangle choke.

It was exactly what most expected. Toney, who weighed in at a career-high tying 237 pounds for the fight, was out of shape and overweight, but he should be given some respect for having the guts to get in there and not just try MMA, but go against an all-time great in the sport.

And it surely didn't hurt that Toney will make up to $1 million for the fight, either.

There's not a whole lot to analyze with this one. Toney was overwhelmed, out of his element, and looked helpless on the mat. Couture had his way with a skilled boxer. It was not competitive.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Toney, famous again (even in a loss), get another major fight in boxing. There are few heavyweights with his current notoriety, and coming back to "his house" would be easy to hype. We'll see what happens for James Toney in the future. But tonight was not an all-time highlight for sure.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
if it was a huge former world champ white boxer, the same thing would have happened.  Whats the point in trying to make it about race?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Because this guy had been trashtalking Couture to the hilt and he was utterly humiliated. What an idiot. I don't think we'd have seen this kind of idiotic braggadocio from a white boxer.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
James Toney is a mumbling, bumbling [censored] with an IQ below the level of your average retard. It's a shame Randy Couture didn't break every bone in his bloated, gorilla body.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
Because this guy had been trashtalking Couture to the hilt and he was utterly humiliated. What an idiot. I don't think we'd have seen this kind of idiotic braggadocio from a white boxer.

what? really?  you're saying that he trash talked before a professional fight?  You're telling me that people actually try to promote interest in fights by "trash talking" before them?  what a novel concept.  No one, especially no white fighters, has ever done that before.

you can't be serious, right?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
The white fighters in ufc trash talk all the time.  Some of them anyway.  Some guys trash talk, some guys don't.   Couture is old school and I think leaves that out of it.   He also said after his victory that most guys in UFC do not trash talk, and he purposely avoided doing that with this fight to what ufc is all about.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
The white fighters in ufc trash talk all the time.  Some of them anyway.  Some guys trash talk, some guys don't.   Couture is old school and I think leaves that out of it.   He also said after his victory that most guys in UFC do not trash talk, and he purposely avoided doing that with this fight to what ufc is all about.

• Gold Star JTF Member

I guess he just decided not to for this fight.  Probably because he knew he was going to whoop the boxer and felt a little bad for him but wants the boxers to enter into ufc because its good for the sport.   If he completely embarrassed this guy with the trash talk too, it may make people think twice.   He's trying to encourage boxers to come in for the good of the company.   If you saw his post-fight comments you could see he's acting excited about that.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Btw, what happened to Brock Lesnar?

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!

He beat Shane Carwin and is going to face Cain Velasquez next for his title.
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

• Gold Star JTF Member

is the fight available online?  Also is that his first match since the fight against couture ? Where has he been?

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer

I guess he just decided not to for this fight.  Probably because he knew he was going to whoop the boxer and felt a little bad for him but wants the boxers to enter into ufc because its good for the sport.   If he completely embarrassed this guy with the trash talk too, it may make people think twice.   He's trying to encourage boxers to come in for the good of the company.   If you saw his post-fight comments you could see he's acting excited about that.

toney wasn't "trash talking" in his post fight comments either.  Its part of the game, and afterwards they both laughed all the way to the bank.

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!

is the fight available online?  Also is that his first match since the fight against couture ? Where has he been?

Brock had to take a break after beating Frank Mir because of health issues.
The fight should be available online.

• Gold Star JTF Member

toney wasn't "trash talking" in his post fight comments either.  Its part of the game, and afterwards they both laughed all the way to the bank.

Maybe you're confusing me with someone else, I never made any claims about Toney.

I didn't see Toney after the fight but it's hard to talk trash after you get your ass handed to you.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Here is the fight of Toney Vs Couture. (Video below)

http://mmafightvideosonline.blogspot.com/2010/08/randy-couture-vs-james-toney-fight.html

I was at the bar Saturday night watching the fight live.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:04:05 PM by White Israelite »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Toney is a mediocre at best and in these days of boxing he's not huge
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Bas Rutten probably would have owned both of them.

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!

Bas Rutten would not last 5 rounds with Randy.
Rutten's knees are gone and has no cartilage in a lot of joints in his body so he would not be able to keep up the pace.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:

Rutten's knees are gone and has no cartilage in a lot of joints in his body so he would not be able to keep up the pace.

Bas Rutten usually doesn't need 5 rounds to KO someone.

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!

Bas Rutten usually doesn't need 5 rounds to KO someone.

Even if he does not need 5 rounds Randy would push him and he would go after his knees.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
fedor emilekno would destroy all the names you guys have mentioned above,plus the klitscko borhters would destroy all the names you mentioned above...fact...

Props to randy...

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
fedor emilekno would destroy all the names you guys have mentioned above,plus the klitscko borhters would destroy all the names you mentioned above...fact...

Props to randy...

Yet Fedor was taken out a Brasilian.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer

Props to randy...

fedor was batterering the guy, got sloppy and lost. It shows how amazing he is to last that long in the heavyweight division and not lose.

He will avenge that loss, that guy knows it as well, fedor knows it, and everyone with half a brain knows it.

Fedor needed the loss to wake himself up and come back stronger, he was obviously getting bored with schooling everyone.

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!

Props to randy...

fedor was batterering the guy, got sloppy and lost. It shows how amazing he is to last that long in the heavyweight division and not lose.

He will avenge that loss, that guy knows it as well, fedor knows it, and everyone with half a brain knows it.

Fedor needed the loss to wake himself up and come back stronger, he was obviously getting bored with schooling everyone.

How was he schooling everyone?
After he fought Cro Cop he fought a bunch of fighters on the tail end of their careers.
He finally fought a guy getting into his prime in Fabricio Werdum and he Lost it's as simple as that.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer

Props to randy...

How was he schooling everyone?
After he fought Cro Cop he fought a bunch of fighters on the tail end of their careers.
He finally fought a guy getting into his prime in Fabricio Werdum and he Lost it's as simple as that.

hahahah so he lost, you know he will destroy fabricio again, i know he will, there really isnt much else debate to be had.

Next you are going to claim roger federer is rubbish because hes lost tennis maches before...