Author Topic: The jewish population in america  (Read 1759 times)

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
The jewish population in america
« on: September 05, 2010, 02:43:58 PM »
Now judaism has two facts, one its a religion not a race, and two the vast majority of jews are white, But thats not the end of the matter for white gentiles or claim the jews detroy the white race in the media etc,(even though pleanty of white gentiles are just as self hating). What about the big one, the jewish population in america?Or israel. Have the white gentiles ever looked at whether the jewish population is doing well??

This is where i want you guya and girls to tell m how see the future of the jeiwsh popualtion in america, israel and the rest of the world.

Is america sjewish popualtion decreasing with self hatred and not being religous so the men dont marry jewish women??

Is israels popualtion increasing because of arab immigration or because of the large families that the reigous jews have?

It would be interesting how you guys see the demographic for the jewish people all over the world, what are your predictions?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: The jewish population in america
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 02:48:46 PM »
The American Jewish population is already in its death throes.  In a few generations, say goodbye.  Only the Orthodox Jews will be left.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »
jews are an ethno-religious group, lots of common genes have been found in jews of all traditions, plus we stem from Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.

my opinion is that a better economic system, better structured military, and better education system are the primary things that are going to bring in much more jews into israel.

i also think that Israel should have a tax incentive to get jews to have bigger families.

The American Jewish population is already in its death throes.  In a few generations, say goodbye.  Only the Orthodox Jews will be left.

there is still time to reverse this, i don't think god won't allow so many jews to integrate.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 02:59:10 PM »

exactly my point, which kind of exposes white anti jew gentiles. If they were really concerned about the white populaton then surely they would be concerned at how the white jew is becoming secular, not having big families and inter marrying.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 03:15:54 PM »

there is still time to reverse this, i don't think G-d won't allow so many jews to integrate.

No, there isn't.  You have no idea what you're talking about.

The intermarriage rates are too high and the birth rates too low to maintain the population.  It has already been dying and it's an ongoing process.   It's past that critical point.

God gave us free will and many Jews chose to go off.  Why wouldn't God "allow so many" to integrate?   If you really want to speculate about God, all these Diaspora Jews who reject the homeland and God's miracles by staying back in galut...  I would think God will facilitate their integration because who needs people unwilling to fulfill their national duties and who choose to separate themselves from the Jewish people and the Jewish tradition?

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 05:04:47 PM »

there is still time to reverse this, i don't think G-d won't allow so many jews to integrate.

The intermarriage rates are too high and the birth rates too low to maintain the population.  It has already been dying and it's an ongoing process.   It's past that critical point.

G-d gave us free will and many Jews chose to go off.  Why wouldn't G-d "allow so many" to integrate?   If you really want to speculate about G-d, all these Diaspora Jews who reject the homeland and G-d's miracles by staying back in galut...  I would think G-d will facilitate their integration because who needs people unwilling to fulfill their national duties and who choose to separate themselves from the Jewish people and the Jewish tradition?

what's wrong with being optimistic?

Also, if there's a couple of generations until it's over, than there's probably some time left to reverse it

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 05:19:18 PM »

G-d gave us free will and many Jews chose to go off.  Why wouldn't G-d "allow so many" to integrate?   If you really want to speculate about G-d, all these Diaspora Jews who reject the homeland and G-d's miracles by staying back in galut...  I would think G-d will facilitate their integration because who needs people unwilling to fulfill their national duties and who choose to separate themselves from the Jewish people and the Jewish tradition?

Also, if there's a couple of generations until it's over, than there's probably some time left to reverse it

You can't call a scientific impossibility "optimistic"

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 05:24:20 PM »

if we encourage enough of them to go to Israel before those " few generations", we might save it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 05:28:56 PM »

if we encourage enough of them to go to Israel before those " few generations", we might save it.

LOL, what?   That will accelerate its death.   Encouraging Jews to leave America will also contribute to minimizing the American Jewish population.  This, however, is not a bad thing.  They should leave that graveyard because Jewry in America is a walking skeleton.

I never said individual Jews can't be "saved."   I'm saying the population figures and the intermarriage and birth rates suggest that numbers will decrease drastically and the overall population is in its death throes (meaning, the numbers).  I really don't feel like looking up the studies and the numbers and citing them, but I've seen them before.   There is a certain point at which a given birth rate makes for a population not sustainable.   This exists - but worse, it combines with something like 70% intermarriage rate.   Say goodbye to American Jewry , except the Satmar and the Orthodox.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 05:36:49 PM »

Jews returning to Israel is only half the battle.... If secular Jews go to Israel and pick up where they left off here in the "States" how would that improve a thing? It may actually make the situation in Israel worse.... Its only my opinion but the most important thing is for Jews to go back to basics and live a Torah true lifestyle despite where they may be living.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 06:18:05 PM »
We can use a tax incentive to boost the growth rate

While I also want israel to have more Torah Jews, I think people should follow religion voulintarily.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 06:46:12 PM »
We can use a tax incentive to boost the growth rate

While I also want israel to have more Torah Jews, I think people should follow religion voulintarily.

How else are they going to follow it?

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 04:05:56 AM »
American Jewry will face a 2 times bigger disaster the Soviet Jewry faced and faces.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 05:53:52 AM »

KWR BT,

As a BT, I am sure you are aware that some personal situations are complicated.
Suppose a man born Jewish grew up in a completely secular family somewhere in Galut. He received absolutely no Jewish education. Quite the opposite, he was taught anti-Jewish ideas both at school and at home. He then married a woman who was a righteous Gentile of Christian background. He married her because he loved her, it did not bother him in the least she was not Jewish, it did not even cross his mind.
Later, around his thirties, without any apparent cause, he spontaneously returns to his Jewish roots and identity. He becomes religious. He becomes a true zionist. None of this is easy. His wife is worried. A lot of people turn their backs on him. He is even hated and called names by some he knew for the change in his life. At best, they think he's gone crazy, they simply cannot understand why he prays or why he spends so much time learning Hebrew or the Talmud or the history of the Jewish people. It's irrational, it's a waste of time, they say. They belittle his spiritual transformation by saying it is a sort of temporary depression and he that he should go and see a shrink who will fix this... Almost everyone around him is hostile to the change in his life and mocks it.
He wants to make aliyah, he knows he should, but he loves his wife and he will not impose such a change upon her just because he returned to Judaism several years after they married. He hopes that, in the course of time, she will accept the idea, but in the meantime he is stuck in Galut.
Would you really describe him as one of these people "who reject the homeland and G-d's miracles" or "unwilling to fulfill their national duties and who choose to separate themselves from the Jewish people and the Jewish tradition" ? Does he deserve this ?

I am not saying this man is representative of all Diaspora Jews who do not make aliyah, of course there are many indifferent and selfish Jews, of course there are many self-hating Jews - but there are many in Israel too, as you know very well...
All I am saying is that some personal circumstances are complicated. The Rambam provides several examples of circumstances in which it is allowed to stay in Galut, but I guess you know that better than me...

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 07:36:29 AM »
Is israels popualtion increasing because of arab immigration or because of the large families that the reigous jews have?

It would be interesting how you guys see the demographic for the jewish people all over the world, what are your predictions?
‎The Jews in Israel have positive birth rate. Unlike many countries in Europe, even the secular Jews still have a positive birth rate. The Russian jews who used to have very low, negative, birth rate, have also increased their procreation as they adopted to life in Israel. Of course certain groups religious Jews (charedim, settlers) have much higher birth rates than the general population. Since the days of mass immigration are over, procreation is the biggest contributer to the population growth in Israel.

For the past decade, the ratio of Arab citizens has remained pretty much unchanged. But there are illegal Arabs who live in Israel and aren't counted, i would conservatively guestimate there are 200,000 such illegal Arab immigrants. As well, there are 200,000 or so illegal immigrants from all over the world, but a sizable portion of them are muslim schwartzes.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 05:45:23 PM »
The key is get the jews religous imo, convert as many as possible to the biblical way of life and the rest will hopefully sort itself out.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 08:52:36 PM »

KWR BT,

As a BT, I am sure you are aware that some personal situations are complicated. 
Of course.

Suppose a man born Jewish grew up in a completely secular family somewhere in Galut. He received absolutely no Jewish education. Quite the opposite, he was taught anti-Jewish ideas both at school and at home.

That sounds very familiar :)   Well, it's not exactly my background but I have a lot of friends like that too.

He then married a woman who was a righteous Gentile of Christian background. He married her because he loved her, it did not bother him in the least she was not Jewish, it did not even cross his mind.
Later, around his thirties, without any apparent cause, he spontaneously returns to his Jewish roots and identity. He becomes religious. He becomes a true zionist. None of this is easy. His wife is worried. A lot of people turn their backs on him. He is even hated and called names by some he knew for the change in his life. At best, they think he's gone crazy, they simply cannot understand why he prays or why he spends so much time learning Hebrew or the Talmud or the history of the Jewish people. It's irrational, it's a waste of time, they say. They belittle his spiritual transformation by saying it is a sort of temporary depression and he that he should go and see a shrink who will fix this... Almost everyone around him is hostile to the change in his life and mocks it.
He wants to make aliyah, he knows he should, but he loves his wife and he will not impose such a change upon her just because he returned to Judaism several years after they married. He hopes that, in the course of time, she will accept the idea, but in the meantime he is stuck in Galut.
Would you really describe him as one of these people "who reject the homeland and G-d's miracles" or "unwilling to fulfill their national duties and who choose to separate themselves from the Jewish people and the Jewish tradition" ?   

No.

Never said I would.

But the vast majority of american Jews don't give a crap about Israel and are not as sincere as this guy with his very complicated marriage situation.  The vast majority make all kinds of excuses that have no validity or don't even care at all.

Once again, to be clear, I was speaking about the overall population, NOT individual people or individual cases.  There are of course always exceptions to the rule.  But based on the general rule of how American Jewry has fared.... they've brought ruin on themselves in many ways.   The older generations lacked the foresight and planted the seeds of destruction, and now the younger generations, often to no fault of their own, and sometimes also to their own fault, are reaping the rotten fruits.

I am not saying this man is representative of all Diaspora Jews who do not make aliyah,

You kind of implied that, but yeah it's certainly not the case.

The Rambam provides several examples of circumstances in which it is allowed to stay in Galut, but I guess you know that better than me...

Halachically valid reasons are a whole different subject, but these exceptions are exactly that - exceptions.  Most people make excuses or simply don't care because they are not taught Jewish pride and Jewish nationalism.  The religious Jews are not taught Jewish nationalism in the yeshivot.   Maybe a little bit in the modern orthodox, but still mostly not...  Because a lot of times even the modern orthodox "zionism" is about "supporting Israel" as opposed to actually going to live in the Land of Israel as an active participant in the Jewish community there.

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 10:46:51 PM »
Unfortunately I think the American Jewish population is in grave jeapordy.  Whether it be from assimilation and self hatred, or simply they will fall prey to the anti semites that may lash out against the age old scape goats.

It's pretty sad when speaking to secular Jewish relatives, they simply dont get it.  I think they just dont want to think about it, and they rather put their heads in the sand and not look around them and see whats happening to their nation.  I heard the Jews of Europe during WW2 did the exact same thing, until they had no choice but to wake up to reality...unfotunately that reality was a Nazi nightmare.