Author Topic: Dogs can identify race based on smell  (Read 12394 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Dogs can identify race based on smell
« on: September 06, 2010, 07:58:24 PM »
   I turned on the TV to a PBS program and military dog handlers are saying that dogs cannot distinguish between two people of different races based upon odor. Is this true or PC? I might not know much about dogs and dog handling but do find this fact odd since I usually can identify someones ethnicity based on smell. Of course this might have to do with what people of different groups eat. I can also tell someone's ethnicity by shaking hands with them unless they do something to alter the feel like use a lot of moisturizing lotion.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Dogs can identify race based on smell
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 08:11:50 PM »
Dogs can but it's probably un-pc to train them to do it. Some dogs HATE blacks, even if their owners don't.

Offline Nekama

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 09:03:50 PM »
Maybe this is why Muhammad was so loathe of dogs and wanted to kill of of them!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »
They can smell the muslims because of their foot stench when they take their shoes off to pray.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 10:00:13 PM »
No racism intended, but black people seem to have a less pleasant odor than whites. I notice east-indian people smell funny as well, but they have a very odorous diet(curries, tandoori, etc) and it comes through their skin. Blacks eat the same food as white people, so I'm not sure what their excuse is other than terrible hygeine.

Anecdotedly, I've heard stories of blacks being more prone to diseases that cause them to smell horrible.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 10:17:12 PM »
No racism intended, but black people seem to have a less pleasant odor than whites. I notice east-indian people smell funny as well,

No offense, but they probably think white people smell funny and consider their own odors and those of fellow countrymen as normal.   

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 01:01:31 AM »
I'm sure dogs can detect differences both racial and cultural (based on what people eat, wear, sit on etc.).

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 02:53:48 AM »
Dogs can sense trash  ;D
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 03:53:06 AM »
Different people smell different.
If all people cleanse themselves with the same soap for six hours in pure mountain spring water, we would all end up smelling different still.
This will offend people but I can tell very well a person general race by smell very easily.
I can tell gender by smell too.
I don't like how negro skin smells and I'm sorry folks but I don't like how many Caucasian male skin smells either.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 05:10:47 AM »
I've heard that white people tend to smell very bad to Asians. I know that blacks smell very bad to me. Asians to me just smell different, not really good or bad per se. I think maybe different odors, like different languages and appearances, are ways meant to keep nations as distinct peoples. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 07:55:47 AM »

Not to put anyone down but I came into air conditioning and after all the sweat dried up none of the white males mind. The yellows especially the women are always bothered.
I'm not going to say more because it will offend the round eye.

On a positive note, some round-eye females smell fine while other round-eye females stink right out of the shower. I'm talking about the smell of a person's skin and the oil that oozes out not the soap.

Now while I say that jiggers smell like apes, there are groids who have very sensitive noses. When I was in high school a female ape didn't like my smell after the gym.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 08:14:51 AM »
No wonder sand apes hate dogs so much. Dogs are probably cleaner too.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 02:05:52 PM »
Thas' why Tiger Woods and his wife never took a walk together in their gated community neighborhood - because the dogs would all chase him!     :::D

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 02:14:14 PM »
I actually had a very racist dog growing up. Only bit the dark skin people.  He mighta just been more accustom to seeing white people growing up, so he though the darker people were from an enemy tribe or something.

And yes, even though I love Indian food, most southern Asians certainly have the most pungent smell I'm aware of.  (Hope Hindu Zionist doesn't get offended by this :) )

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 02:39:45 PM »

Hippos in the jungles of africa hate jiggers too because they hunt the poor animals.

I heard that some types of angry bees sting whatever is black and moves.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »
I usually identify someone's race by looking at them.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 09:03:24 PM »
I dunno. I work in a middle school where a lot of the staff and children are black and I never noticed any distinct smell. I guess I'll need to smell more carefully the next time I see a black person.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 09:10:33 PM »
I dunno. I work in a middle school where a lot of the staff and children are black and I never noticed any distinct smell. I guess I'll need to smell more carefully the next time I see a black person.
You have become use to it by now.... You would not notice it as much besides a lot of them douse themselves with coco butter and Queen Helene  :::D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 11:38:48 PM »
Can dogs be identified by their smell?

Do German Shepards have a unique smell?

Do Cocker-spaniels have their own unique smell?

I wonder if Dachshunds have a wonderful smell?

I can't imagine how a Pit Bull smells...

8) :P :P :o 
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 05:35:19 AM »
dachshunds have a lot of gas, so maybe that does give them a distinct smell. It's likely that different breeds of dog would smell a little different though in the same way that races do.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 08:45:50 AM »
Can dogs be identified by their smell?

Do German Shepards have a unique smell?

Do Cocker-spaniels have their own unique smell?

I wonder if Dachshunds have a wonderful smell?

I can't imagine how a Pit Bull smells...

8) :P :P :o

Yes.
Yes.
yes
yes
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 10:09:15 AM »
You have become use to it by now.... You would not notice it as much besides a lot of them douse themselves with coco butter and Queen Helene  :::D

Yeah, maybe I have gotten used to it by now. Or perhaps there really is no distinct odor on them, except the ones that exist our minds.

After all these years, I still haven't gotten completely used to the stench that is so often exuded on this site. I think I need to douse my computer with disinfectant and hang it out my window on a clothesline for a few hours.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 10:31:08 AM »
I usually identify someone's race by looking at them.

Well, that makes it pretty easy.   But dogs have especially refined sense of smell (this is why they are used to sniff for drugs).  I have also read that body odor plays a major role in sexual attraction between humans.   There are definitely different odors to different people, but I don't know how much it separates on racial lines.   But just like some white people here think that these people or those people "smell funny," the Chinese guy is also saying whites smell funny to him, so it's obviously subjective.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 11:05:12 AM »
White people have more apocrine glands than Asians. It's not so much subjective. It's being honest and not lying to one's self about the difference in smell. Blacks are the smelliest people naturally but Arabs can smell very bad or even worse because it's not in their culture to bathe. However if you're just talking about natural odor regardless of hygeine then yes there is still a difference between races no matter how clean someone is.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 11:40:40 AM »

We have an odor expert!
OK
Teacher, I have a question: what is the name of the smell of monkeys?
I would describe the smell as being rough. Like sand paper on skin when inhaled. Fibery. Or like fine particles when inhaled. I would further say that it's probably a mixture.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774