Author Topic: Challenge to Erica[The Never Ending Thread!]  (Read 21159 times)

Imerica

Re: Challenge to Erica
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2007, 06:27:44 PM »
Erica, I'm curious to know your views on Israel? Do you think Israel has a right to exist? Do you consider zionism to be a form of racism? Do you think Israel should return to it's pre '67 borders? Just curious to know your views on this. Thanks.
I don't have the right to say which countries have no right to exist. So my views on Israel are that the people in Israel have every right to be who they are. I have no idea what 67' borders are. Zionism is foreign to me. But I'm not against people in Israel being proud of where they came from. What was I supposed to say?

You can say anythign you want, Imerica.. :)..

But if you are a religious person and by religious it can also mean a spiritual Christian..you are what you eat.  Christianity came from Judaism...so that's where it starts.
So it has, it dosen't give me the right to say that Israel dosen't deserve to be on the map. I only know of one Israeli. She's a doll of a girl and I was really good friends with her when we were in NY. I have nothing against her or any other Israeli.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2007, 06:33:07 PM »
Erica, I'm curious to know your views on Israel? Do you think Israel has a right to exist? Do you consider zionism to be a form of racism? Do you think Israel should return to it's pre '67 borders? Just curious to know your views on this. Thanks.
I don't have the right to say which countries have no right to exist. So my views on Israel are that the people in Israel have every right to be who they are. I have no idea what 67' borders are. Zionism is foreign to me. But I'm not against people in Israel being proud of where they came from. What was I supposed to say?

But if you are a religious person and by religious it can also mean a spiritual Christian..you are what you eat.  Christianity came from Judaism...so that's where it starts.
So it has, it dosen't give me the right to say that Israel dosen't deserve to be on the map. I only know of one Israeli. She's a doll of a girl and I was really good friends with her when we were in NY. I have nothing against her or any other Israeli.

I'm not asking you about whether or not it is allowed to exist in your opinion...but you do follow a religion which came from Judaism. If you are interested to learn about us, this forum is your oyster.  And as you gain knowledge you might have a better understanding of what our plight here is..i know tha tyou know what our plight is..but to understand it is another thing.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Allen-T

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2007, 06:49:20 PM »
I like that when good black people get together its all about encouraging one another to do good in our lives

e.g. to trade tips on how to get over

What also makes our culture is that we have the ability to snap back after a major catastrophy presents itself.

Yeah, we saw evidence of that after Katrina[see our recent video]

Our dances, our parties,

Often events that end up in bloodshed

our food

Heart attack,anyone?

our experiences and our pride

Need I continue?

Allen, you have a way of discrediting anything good in the black culture.

When I get together with my friends from my old neighborhood we don't talk about 'getting over' we talk about how we can better ourselves. For instance, I recently found my best friend since 3rd grade who I hadn't seen since we were Sophmores in high school... that was 17 years ago. She is in school just like I am and she's working toward her business degree. We, as well as my other friends, including my sister get together to encourage great things to happen in our lives. It works the same way in my house. I encourage my children to do better and my husband participates in the act of encouraging, also. I don't appreciate your assumption that black people congregate together to see how they can "get over".

I'm not a Katrina victim, nor am I representative of those blacks who lost their damned minds during the catastrophe. I'm speaking of deaths in the family, (For example, I've heard of many families who've lost their parents to death and the oldest of the children resume responsibility of taking care of her/his brothers and sisters just to make sure they were all together.) I'm also speaking of being able to make miracles during Christmas, and Thanksgiving when there is hardly any food in the house. Things of that nature. Catastrophies aren't only based on natural disasters, Allen.

As far as our dances are concerned... no one has ever been shot over dancing. Sorry to disappoint you. As for our parties, I'm not speaking of those parties that include static between gangs... are you assuming that I attend such parties? That's not fair. I'm speaking of parties where we're able to have a good time, dance til our heart's content and share a fun time with our family and friends. Weddings, birthdays, and just-because its' Friday parties. Its all about having a good time.

Our food... your response to that was sort of true but still negative. Over-doing it , just like with any other foods can cause high cholesterol and blood pressure in ANYONE. Moderation is key. YOU need to stop being so freaking negative. Have you EVER tasted my baked chicken? As a matter of fact, since you want to play, "I Know What Black People are Thinking",  tell me some of the ingredients used in some of the soul food cooked nowadays. Without going to Google. Since you know everything about our culture.

Lastly, to some black people, our experience make us stronger and more knowlegable about our futures. My experience living in the projects made more humble, and made me not take life for granted. My experience with abuse made me a better  person because I have girls to protect from it ever happening to them. My experience with bad men in my life made me appreciate the love of a GOOD man. YOU need to stop being so negative. period.

SInce you've never been to a party given by a black person/ family... since you've obviously ever eaten a morsel of food cooked by those of the 'darker persuasion'... since you wouldn't know a dance from the black culture (and I'm still catching up with that one).. and since you've never been in the position where you had to rob Peter to pay Paul to make ends meet and still come out of the situation fairly well, I don't think you're a good judge of what really goes on on the good side of black culture. I think you're either watching too many movies where blacks are the antagonists, or what. I do think you need to stop judging what you know nothing about.

You know nothing about me, except maybe what's in the Ottmers reports. In fact I have been in situations where if most black people were in the same situation they would justify stealing. Those are times my faith was strengthened most. See unlike in black churches where they just scream and yell, I have learned a thing or two in Bible believing churches and one of those things is God NEVER tempts us beyond what we can bare[1 Corinthians 10:13]. Turn off the Millie Jackson CDs and read your Bible more. You admit you stay willfully ignorant of what you don't want to know, "I ain't researching every persons religion" or something to that effect you said. I guess the reason most common sense white folks steer clear of ghettos is simply racism, not actual physical harm, right? Numbers don't lie. [censored] man are violent animals. You know nothing. 

Allen-T

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2007, 06:54:22 PM »

Danny,in many black churches, where often it's about screaming and yelling, the Pastor is a woman [unscriptural], and there is alot of false teaching, Israel and the promises to it are often "spiritualized" as meaning and referring to other people, not the Jews. Blacks hate Jews, period. The Jehovah Witnesses do this also.   

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2007, 07:49:25 PM »

Danny,in many black churches, where often it's about screaming and yelling, the Pastor is a woman [unscriptural], and there is alot of false teaching, Israel and the promises to it are often "spiritualized" as meaning and referring to other people, not the Jews. Blacks hate Jews, period. The Jehovah Witnesses do this also.   

THen she needs to be guided to the Church which tells the truth.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Imerica

« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2007, 12:58:29 AM »
I like that when good black people get together its all about encouraging one another to do good in our lives

e.g. to trade tips on how to get over

What also makes our culture is that we have the ability to snap back after a major catastrophy presents itself.

Yeah, we saw evidence of that after Katrina[see our recent video]

Our dances, our parties,

Often events that end up in bloodshed

our food

Heart attack,anyone?

our experiences and our pride

Need I continue?

Allen, you have a way of discrediting anything good in the black culture.

When I get together with my friends from my old neighborhood we don't talk about 'getting over' we talk about how we can better ourselves. For instance, I recently found my best friend since 3rd grade who I hadn't seen since we were Sophmores in high school... that was 17 years ago. She is in school just like I am and she's working toward her business degree. We, as well as my other friends, including my sister get together to encourage great things to happen in our lives. It works the same way in my house. I encourage my children to do better and my husband participates in the act of encouraging, also. I don't appreciate your assumption that black people congregate together to see how they can "get over".

I'm not a Katrina victim, nor am I representative of those blacks who lost their damned minds during the catastrophe. I'm speaking of deaths in the family, (For example, I've heard of many families who've lost their parents to death and the oldest of the children resume responsibility of taking care of her/his brothers and sisters just to make sure they were all together.) I'm also speaking of being able to make miracles during Christmas, and Thanksgiving when there is hardly any food in the house. Things of that nature. Catastrophies aren't only based on natural disasters, Allen.

As far as our dances are concerned... no one has ever been shot over dancing. Sorry to disappoint you. As for our parties, I'm not speaking of those parties that include static between gangs... are you assuming that I attend such parties? That's not fair. I'm speaking of parties where we're able to have a good time, dance til our heart's content and share a fun time with our family and friends. Weddings, birthdays, and just-because its' Friday parties. Its all about having a good time.

Our food... your response to that was sort of true but still negative. Over-doing it , just like with any other foods can cause high cholesterol and blood pressure in ANYONE. Moderation is key. YOU need to stop being so freaking negative. Have you EVER tasted my baked chicken? As a matter of fact, since you want to play, "I Know What Black People are Thinking",  tell me some of the ingredients used in some of the soul food cooked nowadays. Without going to Google. Since you know everything about our culture.

Lastly, to some black people, our experience make us stronger and more knowlegable about our futures. My experience living in the projects made more humble, and made me not take life for granted. My experience with abuse made me a better  person because I have girls to protect from it ever happening to them. My experience with bad men in my life made me appreciate the love of a GOOD man. YOU need to stop being so negative. period.

SInce you've never been to a party given by a black person/ family... since you've obviously ever eaten a morsel of food cooked by those of the 'darker persuasion'... since you wouldn't know a dance from the black culture (and I'm still catching up with that one).. and since you've never been in the position where you had to rob Peter to pay Paul to make ends meet and still come out of the situation fairly well, I don't think you're a good judge of what really goes on on the good side of black culture. I think you're either watching too many movies where blacks are the antagonists, or what. I do think you need to stop judging what you know nothing about.

You know nothing about me, except maybe what's in the Ottmers reports. In fact I have been in situations where if most black people were in the same situation they would justify stealing. Those are times my faith was strengthened most. See unlike in black churches where they just scream and yell, I have learned a thing or two in Bible believing churches and one of those things is G-d NEVER tempts us beyond what we can bare[1 Corinthians 10:13]. Turn off the Millie Jackson CDs and read your Bible more. You admit you stay willfully ignorant of what you don't want to know, "I ain't researching every persons religion" or something to that effect you said. I guess the reason most common sense white folks steer clear of ghettos is simply racism, not actual physical harm, right? Numbers don't lie. schvartza man are violent animals. You know nothing. 
First Afro Sheen, now Millie Jackson? You went way back.. most of the youngsters who are black don't even know who Millie is...I only know because I'm 33 years old.

I NEVER said I stay willfully ignorant of anything. I SAID I know what goes on and I recognize it as it is, but I can't give too much energy to saving people who dont' want to be saved. I'll work to help my girls and my future students along but I am NOT going to take responsibility for other grown people's negative actions. You've never read " I AIN'T" in any post I've ever typed here. NEVER. You're trying to make it seem as though I'm ignorant.

So its actually YOU who knows nothing. Especially when you come in after someone asks me to give the positives of black culture, spitting negativity and [censored] on the good things I treasure about the  culture. The truth is that you know nothing about who the GOOD blacks are and what they're doing. You've never spent any time with them...I can tell because the first things your fingertips typed after the question to me was asked was "parties end in bloodshed". That, in itself shows your ignorance.

Imerica

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2007, 01:03:18 AM »

There are blacks that hate Jews, Allen... but not every black person DOES. You and your generalizations are sickening. Jehovah's Witnesses aren't thinking about Jews on the level YOU'RE talking about. They follow a different doctrine, one that I don't follow which is why I left the church when I was 10.

And for your information, I lived next door to the church I attended as a teen and it was far from a screaming church. The congregation was black and so was the pastor. It was a Lutheran Church. As a member of the choir we sang gospel songs that moved people but no one ever SHOUTED at the church.

Imerica

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2007, 01:04:04 AM »

THen she needs to be guided to the Church which tells the truth.
Thank you, Danny. I am letting God guide me to a church like that.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2007, 08:52:55 AM »
I'm still waiting for examples of 'the ability to snap back after a major catastrophe"
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Allen-T

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2007, 09:45:32 AM »
I'm still waiting for examples of 'the ability to snap back after a major catastrophe"

You'll grow a ZZ Top beard waiting for that one :D

Imerica

« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2007, 10:32:41 AM »
I gave you examples already. Obviously you aren't reading my responses.

Imerica

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2007, 10:39:24 AM »
I'm speaking of deaths in the family, (For example, I've heard of many families who've lost their parents to death and the oldest of the children resume responsibility of taking care of her/his brothers and sisters just to make sure they were all together.) I'm also speaking of being able to make miracles during Christmas, and Thanksgiving when there is hardly any food in the house. Things of that nature. Catastrophies aren't only based on natural disasters, Allen.

There, Bullcat. Are you happy now? This was in a response I made to Allen, the one who just told you you'd be waiting a while for me to answer the question. Allen KNEW I answered this question.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2007, 03:26:35 PM »
I'm speaking of deaths in the family, (For example, I've heard of many families who've lost their parents to death and the oldest of the children resume responsibility of taking care of her/his brothers and sisters just to make sure they were all together.) I'm also speaking of being able to make miracles during Christmas, and Thanksgiving when there is hardly any food in the house. Things of that nature. Catastrophies aren't only based on natural disasters, Allen.

There, Bullcat. Are you happy now? This was in a response I made to Allen, the one who just told you you'd be waiting a while for me to answer the question. Allen KNEW I answered this question.

I'm so glad that blacks can deal with the adverisity life hands them.  I don't think that is specific to black people.  That is not called 'snapping back' that is called being alive.  The only time I expect to stop facing adversity head on is after I die. I think Allen T is right and I will grow a beard waiting for a real answer.

Imerica

« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2007, 10:36:52 PM »

I'm so glad that blacks can deal with the adverisity life hands them.  I don't think that is specific to black people.  That is not called 'snapping back' that is called being alive.  The only time I expect to stop facing adversity head on is after I die. I think Allen T is right and I will grow a beard waiting for a real answer.
You asked, and I answered. And it WASN'T THE ONLY EXAMPLE I GAVE... its the only example you stopped to comment on...like you do with the rest of my posts.

With all of the negativity you and I know exists in the black community, you'd think that my example of how blacks snap back from adversity someone would be half-way happy with the response. If you're looking for me to say "Duh, I don't know..." , I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2007, 11:09:10 PM »

I think that's a very fair and rational response. Thanks.

Allen-T

« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2007, 11:13:32 PM »

Notice she only gives examples from within the context of a family. Big deal, even the dogs take care of their own. Doing for your family is no different than selfishly doing for yourself. When "catstrophe" hits blacks, e.g. large numbers of blacks collectively and team work and neighborly cooperation are required is the obvious context we are talking about Umerica.  

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2007, 11:14:46 PM »

I hope you guys are joking! Cuz if you're not and you're being serious, then you're extremely ignorant! It's one thing to be politically incorrect, it's quite another to be just down right incorrect!

Imerica

« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2007, 11:26:09 PM »

Notice she only gives examples from within the context of a family. Big deal, even the dogs take care of their own. Doing for your family is no different than selfishly doing for yourself. When "catstrophe" hits blacks, e.g. large numbers of blacks collectively and team work and neighborly cooperation are required is the obvious context we are talking about Umerica.  
What's the difference Allen? Teamwork exists in families as it does in  the community. A community of people working together is also a family.

Imerica

« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2007, 11:29:24 PM »

I think that's a very fair and rational response. Thanks.
No problem, Daniel. :)

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2007, 11:35:24 PM »
Very good answers Imerica to your last two posts... very good... :)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Allen-T

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2007, 06:07:04 AM »

What's the difference Allen? Teamwork exists in families as it does in  the community. A community of people working together is also a family.

One demonstrates an extension of self interest and self preservation[within biological families,which exists amongst some blacks] and the other demonstrates unselfishness and idealism for the common good of the community and society which usually doesn't exist where there is a majority of blacks. In most places around the world where there is a majority black, chaos reigns. Here is a good explanation; http://masada2000.somebodyhelpme.info/JTF-02192003-South%20Africa.mp3

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2007, 07:09:46 AM »

I hope you guys are joking! Cuz if you're not and you're being serious, then you're extremely ignorant! It's one thing to be politically incorrect, it's quite another to be just down right incorrect!
Hey Daniel - Are you calling me ignorant?  I haven't done that on this forum to anyone.  I disagree with Imerica - I might not be a politically correct rocket scientist like yourself but I think I'm allowed to voice my opinion.  Imerica is a really smart woman and she can have a discussion with me.  In fact she does quite well defending her beliefs. ;)

Imerica

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2007, 09:04:11 AM »

One demonstrates an extension of self interest and self preservation[within biological families,which exists amongst some blacks] and the other demonstrates unselfishness and idealism for the common good of the community and society which usually doesn't exist where there is a majority of blacks. In most places around the world where there is a majority black, chaos reigns. Here is a good explanation; http://masada2000.somebodyhelpme.info/JTF-02192003-South%20Africa.mp3

Allen, there is stilll no difference. But I'll tell you this much, the way I read your post was as if you were saying that after a family member dies...say, the matriarch of the family, when the family pulls together to keep themselves together and not separated from each other ,they're doing it for selfish reasons. I know of one instance where a single mom died from breast cancer. She had 4 children , ranging in the ages of 9-17. After she died, the 17 year old assumed  responsibility of her brothers and sisters and became a serrogate mom to them. She kept them out of the system. Then later, adopted her brothers and sisters as her own children. At the same time, she was able to go to prom, graduate high school, attend college and work to support them. That's only one example but I assume you get the picture. She wasn't SELFISH...she was SELFLESS. She could have shirked the responsibility altogether but because she cared about what life would be like for her siblings in an alternate situation, she had to do what she had to do.

As for the community family, there is the same amount of selflessness. People, who participate in the action of keeping their community strong often don't think about themselves. Their focus is mainly on the children of the community and how the positivity can/will affect them. That's selflessness, for you.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2007, 10:50:49 AM »

But as I see it Imerica - it is only the minority of blacks who exhibit this behavior anyway.

I can see Allen T's view point.
It is human nature to protect your own.  Your own family especially.
Why do you consider that an outstanding characteristic of 'black culture'?
What I don't understand is why more people in general don't exhibit this behavior.  
It is only right and human.
If I could not provide all the best materially for my family - I would do my best to have a happy, safe and clean home.  It would not be a 'miracle' event.

Yet - You have a right to be proud - for whatever reason.  :)

OK - Daniel - was the last line PC or correct enough for you.  ;)

Imerica

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2007, 11:45:17 AM »

But as I see it Imerica - it is only the minority of blacks who exhibit this behavior anyway.

I can see Allen T's view point.
It is human nature to protect your own.  Your own family especially.
Why do you consider that an outstanding characteristic of 'black culture'?
What I don't understand is why more people in general don't exhibit this behavior.  
It is only right and human.
If I could not provide all the best materially for my family - I would do my best to have a happy, safe and clean home.  It would not be a 'miracle' event.

Yet - You have a right to be proud - for whatever reason.  :)

OK - Daniel - was the last line PC or correct enough for you.  ;)

I consider this an outstanding characteristic of black culture because from the beginning we have been slighted to be the least motivated, the least likely to succeed, the least likely to care in situations like these. But note that I didn't ONLY use this as an example of the great things in black culture.

I'd like for some of you to offer some of the good things you know for yourself about black American culture. Serious answers please. No name-calling and absolutely no cheekiness. Just answer the question straight out.