Author Topic: Vitamin Water Zero  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Vitamin Water Zero
« on: October 05, 2010, 03:11:59 PM »
I'm wondering what to think about the calorie count on the vitamin water zero. It was listed as zero calories per serving, but it listed four grams of carbohydrates per serving.

Each gram of carbohydrate has four calories. So that would mean that 4 calories times 4 grams of carbohydrates equals 16 calories per serving.

There are 2.5 servings per bottle. 2.5 times 16 equals 40. There are 40 calories per bottle, just based on the carbohydrates listed on the label.

Why do they list it as a zero calorie beverage?

Offline DMAN

• Junior JTFer
Re: Vitamin Water Zero
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 03:19:19 PM »
because most people don't know there are 4 calories in a carbohydrate. if you want you can sue them for lying about the nutrition facts.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »
because most people don't know there are 4 calories in a carbohydrate. if you want you can sue them for lying about the nutrition facts.

I wrote to them using their "contact us" link. I bought a case of vitamin water zero and have been drinking a lot of it, not realizing it had 4 carbs per serving till I looked at the label. Then I was thinking, wow, I've been drinking 40 calories per bottle, and if I'd known it was that much, I would never have bought it.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »
don't drink that junk...just drink normal water.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 08:06:15 PM »
I rather get my vitamins out of fruits and veggies.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 08:33:51 PM »

It is tasty though  ;D

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 08:35:49 PM »

I wrote to them using their "contact us" link. I bought a case of vitamin water zero and have been drinking a lot of it, not realizing it had 4 carbs per serving till I looked at the label. Then I was thinking, wow, I've been drinking 40 calories per bottle, and if I'd known it was that much, I would never have bought it.

that's not much at all.  Get up, walk around for 2 minutes, and you've burned way more than 40 calories

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 08:40:15 PM »

It is tasty though  ;D

pure sugar...and 40 calories is nothing..you use up 40 calories by drinking, digesting, and peeing it out.

Water, Club Soda are the best thing.  Get your vitamins from fruits and veggies and maybe even a multivitamin pill.

The "0" calorie Vitamin water has aspartame in it and that has potential for leading to a lot of health problems.  Plus it tastes disgusting.  If you are going to drink Vitamin water you might as well the drink the one that is 180 calories.

The problem with artificial sweetners is that they are sweeter than actual sugar.  Your mind and body gets used to having sweeter things thereby causing you to be hungrier more often and eating more foods.  Better off drinking the real thing sparingly...or better yet, diluting the vitamin water..

and on the case of Coke or Pepsi, I am against the diet crap...My recommendation would be that if you had to have it, mix 50/50 soda drink with club soda...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 08:50:16 PM »
Actually club soda is not so good either.  Any soda is an acid that depletes your body very badly of necessary bicarb.  Where does the body go for bicarb then--your bones.  At least this is the mantra of alternative medicine.  Besides Dr. Dan, soda is bad fo yo teeth my brother   :::D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 08:54:58 PM »
Actually club soda is not so good either.  Any soda is an acid that depletes your body very badly of necessary bicarb.  Where does the body go for bicarb then--your bones.  At least this is the mantra of alternative medicine.  Besides Dr. Dan, soda is bad fo yo teeth my brother   :::D

Too much of anything is good, but if someone had to have soda, club soda is the gold standard and by club soda I also mean seltzer.  If someone had to have coke or pepsi and they were on a diet, better to do something like 50/50 coke with club soda.

and yes, cola is bad for the teeth when drinking it too frequently..it's called liquid candy.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 09:15:48 PM »

Too much of anything is good, but if someone had to have soda, club soda is the gold standard and by club soda I also mean seltzer.  If someone had to have coke or pepsi and they were on a diet, better to do something like 50/50 coke with club soda.

and yes, cola is bad for the teeth when drinking it too frequently..it's called liquid candy.

Dr Dan,
  Can diet pepsi decaf, make you gain weight?   Is diet pepsi bad for you in general?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 09:48:16 PM »
I'm not Dr. Dan, but I can tell you that diet soda is still a no no if you're trying to lose weight. 

Ruby, why pay for vitamin water when you can drink real water for free?  If you want vitamins, take a multivitamin, and focus on eating healthy unpackaged foods, unprocessed foods. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 05:23:39 AM »
Diet soda or splenda sweetners don't directly cause weight gain. However the sweetness are sweeter than sugar and fool the brain to tell the stomach that something filled with sugar is in there. The body's hormones will adjust themselves and when it comes down to real food the parsing will desire more food including foods heavier on the sweet side. 

Dr Dan,
  Can diet pepsi decaf, make you gain weight?   Is diet pepsi bad for you in general?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 05:55:17 AM »
If all I have is normal water I don't drink it because I don't like the mineral taste, so it has to be covered up by something. I got a gallon of distilled water and drank most of it over the course of a day, because it didn't taste nasty, but I don't think its healthy to drink that all the time either.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 06:19:49 AM »
If all I have is normal water I don't drink it because I don't like the mineral taste, so it has to be covered up by something. I got a gallon of distilled water and drank most of it over the course of a day, because it didn't taste nasty, but I don't think its healthy to drink that all the time either.
I'm not a water drinker either.  My girlfriend puts slices of lemon and oranges in her water to give it 'flavor'.  I do drink plain seltzer though.  Some of those are flavored.  You might try that.  Seltzer satisfies my urge for soda, which I am trying to avoid drinking.  As for Vitamin Water Zero,  I don't think 40 calories is too bad.  If it makes you feel full, you will eat less.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 06:44:48 AM »

Water cleans out the toxins in your body...and also helps fill the stomach and eat less.  of course everything in moderation.  Putting lemon and orange slices is a really really good idea though.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 06:48:20 AM »
I don't  know why but it's hard for me to drink water unless its either distilled or flavored.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 08:33:49 AM »
I don't  know why but it's hard for me to drink water unless its either distilled or flavored.
It's the same for me.  I think you are either a water drinker or you are not. 

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 09:38:23 AM »

I like my water wet.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 09:53:38 AM »

It kind of scared me though when a nurse tried to draw blood on me and nothing came out but a few drops because it was so thick. They had me drink some water and it started flowing right.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 10:36:44 AM »

It kind of scared me though when a nurse tried to draw blood on me and nothing came out but a few drops because it was so thick. They had me drink some water and it started flowing right.
You do have to stay hydrated.
That is why I think it's ok to drink vitamin water zero if you can't tolerate plain water.  My other friend used to cut all her drinks with water.  Soda or Juice...it didn't matter.  That way you are being healthier and still getting fluids.  Small changes make a big difference.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 10:49:33 AM »
Herbal teas aren't too bad either, I drink those sometimes. Thanks Bullcat for the advice.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 12:34:44 PM »
Just wash the skin of the fruit with serious soap and water.  There wqas a study done sometime ago that showed that slices of fruit in restaurants had more e.coli than a toilet bowl!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 06:11:03 PM »
Just wash the skin of the fruit with serious soap and water.  There wqas a study done sometime ago that showed that slices of fruit in restaurants had more e.coli than a toilet bowl!
Yes - great advice.  I do always try to do that.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 12:05:27 AM »
I don't mind having beer every once in a while either.. And red wine is very good  a glass a day
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!