Author Topic: Tamar Yonah Supports Jewish American Indian Theory  (Read 16714 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Tamar Yonah Supports Jewish American Indian Theory
« on: October 19, 2010, 10:50:22 PM »
The famous Tamar Yonah of Arutz Sheva fame has now officially come out in support of the theory that some American Indian tribes may be of Jewish descent. I have heard this theory from a Rabbi whom I listen to and have seen some JTF members scoff at it. I do not know if this is true but it may be so... At least now Tamar Yonah has given this theory some thought.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Blogs/Blog.aspx/3#4409

King Solomon vs. Christopher Columbus
Cheshvan 12, 5771, 20 October 10 06:46
by from "The Tamar Yonah Show" - Tamar Yonah

(Israelnationalnews.com) Did King Solomon Discover America Way Before Columbus?

Could it be that Jews were in the 'New World' long before the European settlers? 

Historians and Biblical scholars say that Jews were indeed in the 'Americas' in Biblical times.

Biblical scripture records that King Solomon had a sophisticated navy which voyaged the world in exploration, looking for iron, gold and other materials to build Jerusalem and the Holy Temple.

1Kings 9:26-28 "And king Solomon made a navy of ships in Ezion-geber, which is beside Eloth, on the shore of the Red Sea, in the land of Edom. 27 And Hiram sent in the navy his servants, shipmen that had knowledge of the sea, with the servants of Solomon. 28 And they came to Ophir, and fetched from thence gold, four hundred and twenty talents, and brought it to king Solomon." 

These naval fleets of King Solomon embarked on voyages that sometimes took 3 years before they returned to Israel, bringing back riches and exotic plants and wildlife.

1 Kings: 10:22 "For the king had at sea a navy of Tarshish with the navy of Hiram; once every three years came the navy of Tarshish, bringing gold, and silver, ivory, and apes, and peacocks."

Many ports, settlements and colonies were established in places all over the Mediterranean, North Africa, as well as Europe  -and the Americas!  Ancient Hebrew inscriptions of the Ten Commandments on the Los Lunas rock, and coins from ancient Israel that were found in the Ohio river basin lead some experts to believe that the first settlers to America were not the Pilgrims, but the Jews and Phoenicians.  The Ohio river was used as a trade line within the continent, which could explain the coins from the time of Bar Kochba, found there.

Knowing this well traveled route to the 'new world', did some of the 10 tribes of the Northern Kingdom escape on ships to these distant lands to escape the Assyrian onslaught and subsequent exile? Did other Jews fleeing the Roman Empire escape to the New World as well?  Are ancient Jewish people the ancestors of some native American tribes like the Cherokee?

"The story has been kept alive among our Cherokee people that the Sicarii who escaped from Masada, are some of our ancestors who managed to cross the water to this land, and later became known as Cherokees."

There are many similarities to Judaism in some Native American tribes, specifically the Cherokee nation.  The Cherokees were monotheistic, believing in one G-d, as opposed to other Indian tribes who believed in several gods/spirits. Some of the words in the Cherokee's language are similar to Hebrew words of the same meaning, and the name of their G-d was similar to the Hebrew name of G-d.  The Cherokee Indians also celebrated their holidays akin to some Jewish holidays.  They also had one day a week of rest from work, and observed fasts.  They reportedly practiced circumcision, had a city of refuge for man-slayers, and they didn't eat the meat of the hollow of the thigh of an animal.  In addition, their appearance also hints of a possible Jewish ancestry; their 2 braids at the side of their head resembling long side-locks (payot), the fringes on their clothes resembling TzitTzit (the 'ritual fringes' a Jewish man wears on his 4 cornered garment), and some Cherokees clearly had semitic facial features.

Hebrew inscriptions on Los Lunas rock, the Bat Creek stone, ancient Jewish coins found in Ohio along the river basin, the Cherokee Indians, ....all point to some type of Jewish presence and influence, and that needs to be researched  more.

Listen to this re-broadcast from 2007, as I interview author and historian, Steve Collins. Hear about the fascinating historical facts that few know, and explore the possibility that Jews arrived and settled in the New World, long before Columbus discovered America.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Tamar Yonah Supports Jewish American Indian Theory
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 11:58:12 PM »
There might be something to the Cherokee thing, but to claim like some nutty people do, that all Native Americans were Jews, is insane.   Native Americans likely came over on a land bridge from Siberia.   It is not out of the realm of possibility though that a small group of Jews intermixed with them later in history, given the archaeological findings and the naval prowess of the once Jewish Kingdom (and possibly could have been a small group of travelers/refugees from the 10 tribes).   That said, I remember a former member posted something about one of these stones and I thought the article had said the writing was Phoenician letters rather than the Hebrew script.   Do we have an explanation for that?   The Bar Kochba era Jewish coins are certain an impressive and interesting find there.   But the earlier finds - are they only phoenician in nature or are they Hebrew-associated too?   

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 12:51:08 AM »
I am not suggesting that these Indians would be considered Jewish today. Of course if there are Cherokees who want to convert they are welcome to. But it is interesting to think that Jewish merchants were in America before the 'discovery' by Columbus in 1492 {the same year as the Spanish Inquisition}.

Regarding your questions... I don't know at this time. I once found a web site which discussed this find but I don't have the link at this time. I will look into whether the writing found was in Phoenician or in Ivrit.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 02:10:00 AM »
muman613,

If Jews were first in North America then Torah and Talmud would have clearly said so.

And if Cherokees were Jews, then Torah and Talmud would have clearly said so.

Tamar Yonah is full of it.

She's turning Arutz Sheva into the Israeli Coast to Coast AM.

Next thing you know she'll be interviewing live space aliens live and claiming that there are Jewish artifacts on the moon and Mars.

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 04:18:14 AM »
I do not think Natives Were Jews , we have no language in common or culture that I know of. Maybe a handful of Jews ventured off there If the rock is authentic but I think thats about it.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 05:15:39 AM »
Vikings discovered America before Columbus, but I have never heard anything about Jewish people being in North America except from crazy Mormons.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 06:20:43 AM »
It seems a little fishy to me but here   

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/848921/posts
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 06:22:54 AM »
Vikings discovered America before Columbus, but I have never heard anything about Jewish people being in North America except from crazy Mormons.

I've never heard of Israelites travelling to North America but to South America it's a well-known fact.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 07:08:58 AM »

I've never heard of Israelites travelling to North America but to South America it's a well-known fact.
Seriously ?!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 09:52:09 AM »
Does it really matter.  Whether there are a people of previous Jewish descent or never had previous Jewish geneology, can convert to Judaism if they want and if they don't decide to, they are not Jewish.

100's of 1000's of years have gone by and peoples have mixed together.  Should someone 1/1000 Jewish be considered Jewish?  Should a self hating Jew who converts to another religion be considered a Jew?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
muman613,

If Jews were first in North America then Torah and Talmud would have clearly said so.

And if Cherokees were Jews, then Torah and Talmud would have clearly said so.   

::)

Tamar Yonah is full of it.

She's turning Arutz Sheva into the Israeli Coast to Coast AM.   

Possibly but do you deny the archaeological findings?   How did Bar Kochba coins get into Ohio?   They magically flew there on a flying carpet?    She sometimes says some wacky things or has wacky guests, but don't deny reality.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 11:20:22 AM »
Re:  "I've never heard of Israelites travelling to North America but to South America it's a well-known fact. "

Sure!

Long before Jews founded Miami Beach, ancient Israelites were enjoying the warm breezy beaches of Rio de Janeiro!

It was here that our ancestors learned to dip their blowgun darts into the poisonous secretions of tiny frogs.

Here as well where they shrank two feet,walked around naked and barefoot, and gave each other "puddin' bowl" haircuts while squatting like monkeys.

Most of them chose to stay on, eventually becoming managers of resort hotels and dance instructors, at least they did as soon as all those things were actually invented.

Next up:  Chapter IV:  More proofs that ancient Israelites were first in North and S. America! 
                                     Mohicans were all students of Talmud!  Ching-gak-chuk's Hebrew name
                                      was ... (to be cont'd)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 12:11:26 PM »
Re:  "How did Bar Kochba coins get into Ohio?   They magically flew there on a flying carpet?    She sometimes says some wacky things or has wacky guests, but don't deny reality. "

First off, that "stone" supposedly carved in ancient Hebrew has long been studied and determined to be of modern origin, based on the letters and styles used.

As for the Bar Kochba era coins?  Either they are not genuine (this is most likely the case), or some Jewish traveling salesman put some coins in an amphora, floated it out to sea, and they eventually found their way down the Mississippi River.  People have been "putting notes in a bottle" since day #1 on Earth.  We frequently read of someone finding a bottle on the beach in Florida which was set adrift in England or somewhere - and sometimes the bottle and message are not found for many years.

OR......the Israelites were in Ohio.  But IF such is true, wouldn't the most literate of all peoples have left many records carved in stone or written on parchment and stored away in caves?

What is a reality is the infinite number of "con-men" writing books and giving paid radio interviews to discuss their "latest findings - their PROOFS that so and so is the real history".  Meanwhile serious scholars long ago studied their "proofs" and have either debunked them or left them "unexplained".  I just find it hard to accept that Jews who've always read and written things just suddenly disappeared, changing into Cherokee Chiefs amputating their wives' breasts and cutting off their noses for fun.  (their ARE historical records of this typical behavior of these "Israelites"!)

p.s. -- IMHO - Had Israelites founded the Ohio Valley, every woman in Jerusalem would have been sporting genuine racoon hats and buckskin mocassins!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »
Re:  "How did Bar Kochba coins get into Ohio?   They magically flew there on a flying carpet?    She sometimes says some wacky things or has wacky guests, but don't deny reality. "

First off, that "stone" supposedly carved in ancient Hebrew has long been studied and determined to be of modern origin, based on the letters and styles used. 

I did not refer to the stone, I referred to coins.

That said, please give a citation to support your claim.   Like I said, I know little to nothing about these stones.

As for the Bar Kochba era coins?  Either they are not genuine (this is most likely the case)

On what basis do you say that?   Can you point us to a site with scholarly discussion about these findings?

, or some Jewish traveling salesman put some coins in an amphora, floated it out to sea, and they eventually found their way down the Mississippi River.
  Yeah, that's likely!

OR......the Israelites were in Ohio.  But IF such is true, wouldn't the most literate of all peoples have left many records carved in stone or written on parchment and stored away in caves? 

Since when were all Israelites literate?  You would think a seafarer would have some kind of technical knowledge/expertise and maybe an education along with that, but that's also not necessarily true.

p.s. -- IMHO - Had Israelites founded the Ohio Valley, every woman in Jerusalem would have been sporting genuine racoon hats and buckskin mocassins!

Who says these people went back?  It could have been 5 people for all we know and they found some native americans to pal around with.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 02:19:15 PM »
I heard this theory from an uber-Jewish source called Sefer Mormon.

No, actually the Mormons claim that all Native Americans were Jews.

Can you see a difference between that claim and suggesting that some Jewish travelers made it over to the New world and intermingled with the Cherokee tribe?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 02:59:37 PM »
Well, there you go, KWRBT!

You've already got all the answers!

There are any number of "ancient anomaly" websites you can google, several of which discuss these things mentioned here.

The real question is:  What was a 1957 Ford Edsel doing buried beneath the Great Pyramid of Giza?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 03:35:57 PM »
Well, there you go, KWRBT!

You've already got all the answers!

There are any number of "ancient anomaly" websites you can google, several of which discuss these things mentioned here.

The real question is:  What was a 1957 Ford Edsel doing buried beneath the Great Pyramid of Giza?

I don't really have any answers until I see some scholarly expertise and discussion to back up the "expert opinions" that have been shared so far both in this thread and on that article.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 04:34:16 PM »
Here is some information about the Los Lunas Rock:

Science-Frontiers:
http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf043/sf043p02.htm

This site argues that it may date from 500 to 2000 years...

Wiki Page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Lunas_Decalogue_Stone

This article disputes the authenticity of the stone.

[removed link]

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/15_home.html
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 06:14:55 PM by muman613 »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »
The following is also found on truthseekers website:

Major rabbi says non-Jews are donkeys, created to serve Jews  Just imagine the uproar if a conservative white minister were to say blacks were created to serve whites. The media would go to town. But when Israel’s former Chief Rabbi says non-Jews were created to serve Jews the media are conspicuosly quiet More ...

and this:

Gilad Atzmon: From Rabbi Yosef to Marx  In case the Goyim cannot find a purpose in their life, Israeli senior Sephardi Rabbi Ovadia Yosef is there to help them out More ...

There's an old saying:  "Consider the source."  <<

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »
The following is also found on truthseekers website:

Major rabbi says non-Jews are donkeys, created to serve Jews  Just imagine the uproar if a conservative white minister were to say blacks were created to serve whites. The media would go to town. But when Israel’s former Chief Rabbi says non-Jews were created to serve Jews the media are conspicuosly quiet More ...

and this:

Gilad Atzmon: From Rabbi Yosef to Marx  In case the Goyim cannot find a purpose in their life, Israeli senior Sephardi Rabbi Ovadia Yosef is there to help them out More ...

There's an old saying:  "Consider the source."  <<

What the site said about the stone is effectively the same as the other sites... I dont know if it brings any new information except maybe the discussion of the grammar and spelling errors.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 05:02:50 PM »
Re:  "I don't really have any answers "

There aren't any - which is precisely why such "subjects" make such tantalizing radio shows and paperback book sales.

There are linguistic sources claiming that the origins of the Japanese language is Hebrew, as well as sources claiming the Japanese beat the Jews to Colorado long before Columbus.

Some things might be somewhat credible based on scant evidence but there are just things that we will never know.

It's also possible that sea-faring peoples who traded with ancient Israelites came and lost their coins in Ohio!

Grey aliens abducted ancient Israelites and after experimenting on them kicked them out of their "Motherships", where they fell and hit Ohio, spilling all their pocket change.

Can you think of some more "plausible" proofs?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 05:52:49 PM »
I think bashing people of other faiths, including Mormons, is a bad habit for us to get into.  I have known many Mormons and they knew I was Jewish, never tried to convert me, and were good people.  They didn't have 5 wives, they were decent hardworking people who were trying to do good in an often evil world

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »
Thank you for posting this, it seems very interesting, though there are some major things about this that seem improbable off the bat: 1.  The difference in the way Jews and Native American metabolize alcohol.  That's a genetic commonality we see in Asians, not Jews.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 06:12:46 PM »
Cherokee are not descendant of Jews, my girlfriends half Cherokee half scottish and she looks Asian, she has mongoloid features and her eyes are slanted, very few Jews exhibit any mongoloid features with the exception of Jews of Turkic descent.

This is a stupid theory that only afrocentrists or mormons believe.

Not to mention, even if Native Americans had any Jewish heritage, they wouldn't be Jewish halachically considering we don't consider a Jew someone by race, but by the mother.

The only exception to that are the Iquitos Jews of Peru.

Thank you for posting this, it seems very interesting, though there are some major things about this that seem improbable off the bat: 1.  The difference in the way Jews and Native American metabolize alcohol.  That's a genetic commonality we see in Asians, not Jews.

My dad was a heavy drinker and so am I.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 06:14:15 PM »
It's not MassuhDGoodName offering web links like the following, yet I am denounced as "worse than Hitler" (exact quote from "chai"'), and you, muman613, have the unrighteous chutzpah to take that person's side and ask them to please be patient with my "mocking the Jewish faith! " :

and this:

Typical behavior of those who think they're "Holy men".

You've got serious "issues", Holy Man!  - like a "Messianic Complex", an obsession with "power", and proclaiming Zionism while always having a good excuse why you can't move to Israel.

Don't like what I write?

Of course not!

That's you deliberately provoked this confrontation in the first place.