Author Topic: The Ongoing Debates with Imerica  (Read 62629 times)

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: The Ongoing Debates with Imerica
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2007, 07:40:42 PM »
How did this whole debate get started anyway? I think it was when a couple of you made remarks to Erica that she should be thankful for the slave trade and that it was the greatest thing to happened for American Blacks. I at lesat hope most of us can reach a consensus that that is preposterous.
No I got on board when you made some revisionist remarks that I could just not accept.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2007, 07:43:01 PM »
How did this whole debate get started anyway? I think it was when a couple of you made remarks to Erica that she should be thankful for the slave trade and that it was the greatest thing to happened for American Blacks. I at lesat hope most of us can reach a consensus that that is preposterous.
No I got on board when you made some revisionist remarks that I could just not accept.

Okay. But the topic was already started at that point.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2007, 07:44:22 PM »
It was well underway.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2007, 07:46:02 PM »
We were also debating teachers now that I think about it but the thread was old by then anyway.

Imerica

« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2007, 07:48:35 PM »
We were also debating teachers now that I think about it but the thread was old by then anyway.
In your opinion, what is revisionism?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2007, 07:51:35 PM »

Anything that doesn't fit into their narrow frameworks :)

Erica, when are you going to come back to the Ask JTF forum and ask the challenging questions of Chaim?

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2007, 07:53:43 PM »
Revisionism to me is when history is created or altered to suite a particular groups needs or wants.

Imerica

« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2007, 07:56:50 PM »

Erica, when are you going to come back to the Ask JTF forum and ask the challenging questions of Chaim?
Oh, I'll be back. lol I'm just working on my arsonal of questions...two at a time, of course. I won't be using the non-words "ummm-hmmm" though. That might disappoint him to no end. ;)

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2007, 07:57:48 PM »

Sorry we can't go under the big tent theory that you liberals love so much. History is history it can't be changed good or bad facts it is what it is.

Imerica

« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2007, 07:59:50 PM »
Revisionism to me is when history is created or altered to suite a particular groups needs or wants.

Revisonism, to me, is the act of changing what's been altered to a state of rediculousness. For instance...if Affirmative action is going to stick around , it needs to be "revised"... no longer should blacks get jobs for just being black. Nor women get preferential treatment because they're women. There should be a merit system put in place of it. Other than that it should go.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 08:01:49 PM by Imerica »

Imerica

« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2007, 08:01:26 PM »

Sorry we can't go under the big tent theory that you liberals love so much. History is history it can't be changed good or bad facts it is what it is.
Actually, you're right. History can't be changed, nor should it be altered to fit the egos of those who feel like things 'looked differently then'. The only thing we can change is the future.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2007, 08:02:07 PM »

Oh, I'll be back. lol I'm just working on my arsonal of questions...two at a time, of course. I won't be using the non-words "ummm-hmmm" though. That might disappoint him to no end. ;)

Oh no! It would amuse us all! Your next question should be if he would be willing to provide you some mayonnaise for your French fries ;)

Out of all the stereotypes that many people on here might have about the way black peoples talks, you certainly never talked in that ways. You speak very good ;)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2007, 08:04:41 PM »

I don't think it's an issue of convervative versus liberal. I don't think that the viewpoint of slavery being good for black people is conservative. It's just downright ill-informed.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2007, 08:06:16 PM »

Revisonism, to me, is the act of changing what's been altered to a state of rediculousness. For instance...if Affirmative action is going to stick around , it needs to be "revised"... no longer should blacks get jobs for just being black. Nor women get preferential treatment because they're women. There should be a merit system put in place of it. Other than that it should go.

Well I agree with you there its not that I am against change of present situations. It the fact that many historical facts have been redacted or altered in school text books to suite the needs of one group or another that has disturbed.

ftf

« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2007, 08:06:57 PM »

The rules have changed, it's one question per person per week now.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2007, 08:08:43 PM »

I don't think it's an issue of convervative versus liberal. I don't think that the viewpoint of slavery being good for black people is conservative. It's just downright ill-informed.
I didn't say slavery  was good I said I preferred it never took place.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2007, 08:09:36 PM »

Good. We can at least agree on that :)

Imerica

« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2007, 08:09:40 PM »

Oh no! It would amuse us all! Your next question should be if he would be willing to provide you some mayonnaise for your French fries ;)

Out of all the stereotypes that many people on here might have about the way black peoples talks, you certainly never talked in that ways. You speak very good ;)
I thank you for the compliment. I also want to add that I speak some ebonics also, when I'm around my family. Its like comfort food...but its never to the extreme that Chaim and some other people here have displayed. lol

Oh, and for giggles, he can leave the mayo and glue off of my fries... I like to dip them in ranch dressing. ;) And when I said he'd be dissappointed , I meant it would disappoint him that I wouldn't stoop to his level of ignorance to make a point. When I do ask the questions though, I'll expect him to come back with some simbalence of maturity. I won't take the name-calling lightly.

*Sidebar, he's my mom's age...well my mom will be 51 on September 11th. *

Imerica

« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2007, 08:10:47 PM »

The rules have changed, it's one question per person per week now.
Well I'll ask him ONE question then. No biggie.

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2007, 08:13:55 PM »

Slavery was the best thing that could have happened to blacks, where would they be now if they weren't brought to this country.
I will tell you they would be in Africa getting killed by the warlords and eating bugs from trees.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2007, 08:14:34 PM »

I thank you for the compliment. I also want to add that I speak some ebonics also, when I'm around my family. Its like comfort food...but its never to the extreme that Chaim and some other people here have displayed. lol

Oh, and for giggles, he can leave the mayo and glue off of my fries... I like to dip them in ranch dressing. ;) And when I said he'd be dissappointed , I meant it would disappoint him that I wouldn't stoop to his level of ignorance to make a point. When I do ask the questions though, I'll expect him to come back with some simbalence of maturity. I won't take the name-calling lightly.

Wow, that's really something! I guess that will always be a bittersweet day now. The girlfriend I was going out with at the time, her parents' 30th wedding anniversary was on September 11, 2001!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2007, 08:16:13 PM »

Slavery was the best thing that could have happened to blacks, where would they be now if they weren't brought to this country.
I will tell you they would be in Africa getting killed by the warlords and eating bugs from trees.

LOL! After all this, I just gotta throw my head back and laugh! But I'm not laughing at slavery! I'm laughing at remarks like this!

Imerica

« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2007, 08:19:06 PM »

Wow, that's really something! I guess that will always be a bittersweet day now. The girlfriend I was going out with at the time, her parents' 30th wedding anniversary was on September 11, 2001!

No one knew this here but my birthday is February 1st. ;)... On my birthday in 2003, a space shuttle exploded. (Happy happy, joy joy... :(  ) But the upside is that my bday is on the first day of Black History Month. LOL (THE IRONY!)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2007, 08:20:57 PM »

No one knew this here but my birthday is February 1st. ;)... On my birthday in 2003, a space shuttle exploded. (Happy happy, joy joy... :(  ) But the upside is that my bday is on the first day of Black History Month. LOL (THE IRONY!)

Don't tell Chaim! He'll devote his next Black History Month program entirely to you! :)

Imerica

« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2007, 08:24:59 PM »

Don't tell Chaim! He'll devote his next Black History Month program entirely to you! :)
That happened to be the first JTF video I saw. lol It was right after my birthday also. lol I was looking for some videos to show my girls about black history month...what do I see? "The TRUTH about Black History Month". lol