Author Topic: 85% OF SECULAR ISRAELIS COMMIT ADULTERY  (Read 1619 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
85% OF SECULAR ISRAELIS COMMIT ADULTERY
« on: December 13, 2010, 05:14:19 AM »
 :::D :::D What low class people      http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3993236,00.html   

85% cheat?  Photo: Index Open

85% of seculars: We cheat on partners

Two separate surveys find majority of married Israelis committed adultery in the past, present or don't rule out possibility they will cheat in future. Women cheat just as much as men

Dr. Itay Gal
Published:    12.12.10, 08:25 / Israel Culture

Share on TwitterShare on Facebook

How loyal are you to your significant other? According to two recent surveys, the answer is not a lot. The surveys were ordered by law firm Azrielnet Israel, and show that 85% of non-haredi married Israelis have cheated on their spouses in the past, doing so in the present, or intend to do so in the future.

Women cheat less?

The first survey was carried out by Mutagim and revealed extreme results: 85% hadn't declared their complete loyalty to their partners. After the lawyers raised doubts as to the survey's authenticity, another survey was ordered, this time from Geocartographia – but the results were the same.
Loud and Obnoxious
Couple arrested for loud sex / Boaz Fyler
Neighbors startled by loud groaning at 5 am, cops arrive to find noisy couple in offensive mood
Full Story

Each survey polled 500 Israelis which make up a sample of Israel's adult population. Those surveyed stated that they had been married for at least five years.

Both surveys asked if people would confess to cheating. 20% said they would tell their best friends, 9.4% would tell a close family member, 15% wouldn't tell anyone and only 7.7% would confess to their partners. The rest refused to answer the question. The surveys found that cheating levels among men and women were alike.

"In this survey we tried to get a better understanding of the population we serve", an Azrielnet lawyer told Ynet. "The survey data validates the fact that over the past few years, cheating has been a major factor in most divorce cases. An increase from data we had in previous years."

According to the lawyer, "In most cases, cheating doesn't end in divorce. There are couples who have an open relationship while others don't discuss the subject. In our experience, in spite of cases of adultery, couples manage to move on.

"Marriage is not just sex; it is a financial partnership, a partnership in raising children and a partnership for self fulfillment. In most cases we see, sex isn't what keeps couples together, rather it’s a partnership that is difficult to pull apart even after someone cheats."
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: 85% OF SECULAR ISRAELIS COMMIT ADULTERY
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 05:16:58 AM »
Bullsh... Just because you are secular doesn't mean you cheat on your wife.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 05:27:36 AM »
Ynet is liberal why would they lie .I'm not particularly religious
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 05:36:04 AM »
I think 85% is a bit high but sadly this surveys numbers are most likely the case for secular people anyplace in the world... Many people today don't really feel adultery is a big a problem... In fact the lack of a few outside relationships for young people today can be a source of ridicule from their friends.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 07:51:03 AM »
Ynet is liberal why would they lie .I'm not particularly religious

My comment wasn't directed at you.
I've seen similar surveys in France - except that they did not distinguish between "secular" and "religious". They were supposed to reflect the diversity of society. The results were less than 20% for men and less than 10% for women. I find it hard to believe that there would be such a discrepancy between France and Israel in terms of attitude toward adultery. There's not many "religious" people in France, so the comparison is not likely to be twisted because of that. Perhaps some of the persons surveyed in France were less honest, but that alone does not account for the huge difference.
85% seems to me to be very overdone. Maybe the survey was poorly conducted, deliberately or not.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 08:04:24 AM »
It's a survey by a law firm which probably deals with divorces. I doubt its validity.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 09:34:24 PM »
Oy Vey!!! I hope this survey considered most of the population who keep some mitzvot as charedim and so interviewd only open atheists. Adultery is a very serious issue, not just cheating. It's one of the forbidden sexual relation according to hallacha and can produce mamzerim.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 09:59:22 PM »
Basically switch out all the "thou shalt nots" with "thou shalts" and you have a secularist.

not all secularists murder, steal, lie, etc. ideally, adultery would also be reduced

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 11:03:19 PM »
I would like to see Chaim's take on this survey.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 04:19:57 AM »
I don't believe this poll. And take notice that the 85% figure include people who "may consider cheating in the future". So it is a hypothetical statement and lots of people who wouldn't cheat still answer positively because most people acknowledge that temptation might win sometimes at some circumstances.

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 03:36:52 PM »
Why post it as if it is a fact just because some study by some lawyers said so?

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 07:51:43 PM »
Basically switch out all the "thou shalt nots" with "thou shalts" and you have a secularist.

not all secularists murder, steal, lie, etc. ideally, adultery would also be reduced

It is secularists, not the religious, that actively support murder (abortion), stealing (Communism), lying (liberalism, atheism), etc.  If secularists don't support these things due to "moral" reasons then they are going against secularism because when there is no absolute moral standard (which only comes with a religious outlook), then there are no grounds to make any moral judgements.

im secular and i am against abortion and communism. there are certain aspects of liberalism that i support simply because they make sense. atheism is more incorrectness than a deliberate lie.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 12:05:25 AM »
Even with the Secular I find this a littel hard to believe maybe it's 60%. Perhaps 85% would cheat if they saw the oppertunitny. But even 60% would be very high. In Jewish Law if the Woman cheats the 3rd Party as well as the Husband are forbiden to her.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 07:25:03 AM »
It's the "Secular Israelis" that Hayamin really needs to appeal to in Israel. They're some of the ones that are important to draw in and influence to the national Israeli cause and instill with right wing values, at least the younger ones. So I think you tread on dangerous ground putting them down too much because it is like stabbing yourself and hurting Hayamin's efforts to draw a broad base of Israeli support.