Author Topic: Lakers Coach Phil Jackson Makes Thinly Veiled Anti-Semitic Libel  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Lakers Coach Phil Jackson Makes Thinly Veiled Anti-Semitic Libel
« on: December 23, 2010, 11:43:34 AM »
Lakers Coach Phil Jackson: Christian Holidays Get No Respect In NBA

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Phil-Jackson-It-s-like-Christian-holidays-don-?urn=nba-299424

Granted, this perverse, hideous cultist (he calls himself a "Zen Christian"), who makes his living off the backs of savage giraffes, has a bit of a point. Christian holidays--just like Jewish ones--indeed get no respect in professional sports. But this enormously ugly chazir is doing is nothing more than trying to stoke up classical Jew-hatred. Since NBA Commissioner David Stern is Jewish (albeit a monstrous self-hater, though I digress), and NBA games are always played on Christmas, there you have it folks--proof that the Jew-masters of the Negro Basketball League are engaged in a massive conspiracy to desecrate Christmas. It can't be more obvious than that! (Nevermind that ball games are also scheduled for every Jewish holiday that fall on the NBA schedule as well.)  ::) ::) ::)

In a sane world, Jackson would get to celebrate Christmas alright--by being deported to his bros in "Fakestine" at the Mosque of the Nativity.

DBF

Quote from: Yahoo Sports
Wed Dec 22 03:25pm EST

Phil Jackson: 'It's like Christian holidays don't mean anything to (the NBA)'
By Kelly Dwyer

Because Phil Jackson still doesn't care what you think, and because he still identifies himself as a "Zen Christian," the Lakers coach has taken to the religious angle in what has become a yearly tradition around this time of year.
No, not the Christmas holiday. Phil Jackson complaining about having to coach on the Christmas holiday.
The Lakers have played a nationally televised game on Christmas for the last 12 years, 11 of which came with Jackson coaching the team. They didn't play on Christmas in 1998, because of the NBA lockout, but they did play on Christmas in 1997. Jackson didn't coach that game, because he was in Chicago coaching his Bulls against the Miami Heat. Throughout Jackson's tenure with Chicago, he had to work on Christmas in a nationally televised setting. So that's two unaffected Christmas days in two decades, both because of brief retirements.
[Related: Kobe Bryant's Grinch-styled shoes for Christmas game]
And because his complaints about working on the holiday have fallen on deaf ears throughout that run, Jackson is taking another (however well-worn) route. Acting, um, persecuted.
As transcribed by FanHouse's Chris Tomasson:
"It used to be Phoenix and L.A. and New York and Boston and New York or Philly or somebody on the East Coast,'' Jackson, speaking before Tuesday's game against Milwaukee at the Staples Center, said of the once much more reduced NBA schedule on Christmas. " Now, I see they have like six games (actually, five) on Christmas. It's like Christian holidays don't mean anything to (the NBA) anymore. You just go out and play and entertain (on) TV. It's really weird.''
Oy. I don't know where to start.
You'd like to shake Phil by his broad shoulders, for one. Then you'd like to go practical, and point out that the Christmas games are a huge part of the league's financial makeup, and without those games the Lakers might still be able to afford Kobe Bryant(notes) and Pau Gasol(notes); but perhaps not someone like Lamar Odom(notes). So, you got Lamar Odom for Christmas, Phil, but you still have to work that day. I have to work that day, too. Ignoring the Christmas cheer in order to crop photos and stay on the ready to post something in case David Arquette runs on the court or something.
[Related: LeBron James also against Christmas games]
So, yes, it kind of stinks that the NBA sets up five big games on Christmas even while it decides to take a day off on the night of the NCAA Final, or go easy on nights head-to-head with "Monday Night Football," or only schedule a couple of NBA games for me to watch (my personal version of Chinese food and a movie on Christmas) on the night of the NCAA Final Four.
But you've also been pretty well aware of this from the time you took over for Doug Collins back in 1989, Phil. And you've signed quite a few contract extensions since then. It's not an easy life, being away from your family and with this circus for (in Los Angeles' usual case) nearly nine full months; but it's also what you signed up for.  It's why Lamar Odom gets paid a lot of money, because he's unique to the general population. And your situation, while unfortunate, is unique; and it's also why you are just one of 30 guys to be rewarded so handsomely.
Let's not sully your good case with miserable musings.
Merry Christmas, Phil. We appreciate the hours put in. Now kindly remove your crown of thorns.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Re: Lakers Coach Phil Jackson Makes Thinly Veiled Anti-Semitic Libel
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 12:46:27 PM »
I don't get it.  I am no fan of Phil Jackson going back to his days playing with the Knicks while I was in high school (he was known as coat hangers because of his skinny frame) and he is a left wing turd in my opinion (I will never consider T Mobile after those commercials with Jackson, Whoopie Goldberg, set to Cat Stevens music) but where in this article does he say or hint anything about Jews?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 02:58:17 PM »
Another [censored] comment from phil jackson the zen buddhist idiot.

I read that when the Kings and Lakers were major rivals facing off in the western conference finals, in order to "motivate" his black superstar players kobe the rapist and Shaq, he made posters portraying Rick Adelman (white coach) and Jason Williams (white point guard) as Hitler y's and as Ed Norton's nazi character from american history X. 

If NBA is run by a Jew, why does Jackson want him to assimilate even more?  David Stern is not non-Jewish enough for Phil Jackson?   He has to put christmas wreaths on the backboards and call a national nba holiday?       The NFL traditionally has games on Thanksgiving, does that mean the NFL does not respect American holidays enough?

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 04:14:11 PM »
(I will never consider T Mobile after those commercials with Jackson, Whoopie Goldberg, set to Cat Stevens music)

I've never seen this, but it sounds like the formula for intense agony.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 06:48:58 PM »
Please excuse my ignorance on this matter.  (I don't know a thing about professional basketball.  I never watch it and it means nothing to me.)  But is Jackson's subtext that a Jew (Stern) is the one to blame? 

Now my next questions are these:

1.  Does Stern set the schedule and have complete autonomy when it comes to scheduling games?

2.  Is it possible that the owners want the games on Christmas because they want the big bucks that all that TV time will bring?

3.  And, conversely, if they don't play on Christmas, wouldn't the owners lose millions of dollars?

4.  So, is it not the owners who want their players to play on Christmas and not Stern?

5.  If the players and the owners truly wished not to play on Christmas, what could Stern do about it?

6.  Has Phil Jackson ever expressed anti-semitic remarks?  If so, that might add credence to the charge.  If not, then perhaps his ire is directed at the owners and not Stern?

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 07:03:27 PM »
(I will never consider T Mobile after those commercials with Jackson, Whoopie Goldberg, set to Cat Stevens music)

I've never seen this, but it sounds like the formula for intense agony.

I tried posting a link to it on youtube but it imprinted the video on the thread which I did not intend.  It is on youtube and if you ever find yourself having swallowed poison and needing to throw up it should help you.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 07:31:43 PM »
David stern as commissioner is in charge of all NBA policy.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 07:37:08 PM »

Which does not mean he personally makes decisions on all details.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 07:38:21 PM »

2.  Is it possible that the owners want the games on Christmas because they want the big bucks that all that TV time will bring?

Yes.
3.  And, conversely, if they don't play on Christmas, wouldn't the owners lose millions of dollars?

Probably.

4.  So, is it not the owners who want their players to play on Christmas and not Stern?  
  Yes but ultimately he decides.    Not only do the owners make money off of it, but so does the league (not to mention the interest it increases since they match up the top teams for these games - interest = sales = profit).

5.  If the players and the owners truly wished not to play on Christmas, what could Stern do about it?

He could probably change it but why would he do that if he and the owners make money from it?   Why would the owners not want their teams playing?  The owners don't even have to show up to games.    And I don't believe the players union ever raised this concern, but I don't know for sure.    

6.  Has Phil Jackson ever expressed anti-semitic remarks?  If so, that might add credence to the charge.  If not, then perhaps his ire is directed at the owners and not Stern?

Usually when people say "the nba" they don't refer to the owners of teams but to the league itself, and Stern is basically in charge of the whole league.    
There will be a strike after this season, and there may not be a 2012 season due to contract dispute between the players union and the league officials and owners.  I highly doubt this issue will even be discussed.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 07:40:53 PM »

Which does not mean he personally makes decisions on all details.

He does formulate NBA policy.   Having nationally televised games in prime time between top teams on christmas day is a league policy.      Maybe he doesn't hand-select which particular teams are involved each year, but he does make the schedule and he does have that policy!

In baseball, Bud Selig is in charge of making the baseball schedule.  So I don't see why this would be any different, and in fact it seems to me that David Stern has more control over the nba.   David stern is the reason the NBA became a successful business.  It was failing and practically bankrupt when he took over.   It is my understanding that he has a lot of control and is personally responsible for a lot of their great success.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 08:02:56 PM »
So you agree that this was an anti-Semitic remark?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »

I'm not sure.  But I don't doubt it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »
In the comments on that site, it usually turns into antisemitic libel whether the article was intended as such or not!   There are mostly creeps commenting on that site.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »
Irrespective of any of this, let me say this:  Phil Jackson is an idiot for complaining about having basketball played on Christmas.  Is he for real?  We all know three things:  One is that basketball players make a true fortune of money; two is the fact that there's a season for basketball and it doesn't last the entire year; and three is that tens of millions of people want to see their basketball on Christmas.  And it's these people who are paying their salaries.

I'll bet that football players would love to spend New Year's Day home, too.  

And I'll bet that baseball players would love to spend the Fourth of July home, too.

I really hope that Jackson isn't blaming a Jew for his idiotic "problem"!

Offline Tacitus

• Full JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 09:28:57 PM »
It should be a personal choice.

Jewish baseball players like Sandy Koufax and more recently Shawn Green would sit out games during Yom Kippur

if Phil Jackson wants to sit his fat butt home, rather than sit his fat butt on a bench and make millions, then why not do it? There's no rule against a head coach faking an illness for a day and having the assistant take over

No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 09:53:12 PM »

I still have no idea how you get that.  Jews have so many real problems that I see no point in contorting our minds to seek Jew hatred where it might possibly be even though there is no evidence of,

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 11:02:06 PM »
I always thought Phil Jackson looked part black, in my opionion he has  black features to a certain extent.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 11:21:28 PM »
Or Arab. He looks like he could be part Arab.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 04:24:18 AM »
Poor rich baby has to make the boucou bucks on Xmas. -- Being a devout Zen Christian I am sure this goes against his rigidly strict orthodox beliefs.  And being that he has done this for 10+ years and is well apprised of what the NBA schedule is I am sure it is quite a shock out of the blue!  No doubt since the NBA shuts down for every Shabbat a supreme degree of jealousy has been festering in his heart for quite some time!  I doubt he has not slept one good night since Gatorade went Kosher!

Yutz!  :::D
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 11:05:03 AM »
Jackson has been in the NBA over 40 years going back to the late 60s when he played for the Knicks.  FWIW his father was a Minister.