Author Topic: Cyprus: 1st Country to Officially Declare No Cooperation with Flotillas to Gaza  (Read 406 times)

Offline ProJewGreekChristian

• Full JTFer
"President Demetris Christofias of Cyprus assured President Shimon Peres Monday in Jerusalem that his nation would stand strong in its support of Israel.

The president of Cyprus, who arrived this week on his first state visit to Israel, is leading a delegation of 60 Cypriot business people. The two presidents met with news media following their meeting.

Cyprus is the first country to officially declare it will not cooperate with efforts by various anti-Israel movements and countries to send flotillas to violate Israel's blockade of Gaza. Peres thanked his counterpart for also being the first country to take concrete steps to prevent flotillas from leaving its ports.

“Terror activities in Gaza are unacceptable,” stated Christofias, “and therefore we have prevented the flotillas from leaving.”

During the second half of 2012, Cyprus is slated to serve as the rotating president of the European Union. “We are ready to contribute within the framework of the European Union to the peace process in the region,” stated the Cypriot president. “Consider us a bridge to advancing the peace process, and economic and diplomatic cooperation with Europe.”

Cyprus supports the “acceleration of the peace process between Israel and the Palestinians,” he added. “We support the establishment of an independent Palestinian state side by side with Israel, as well as Israel's right to security and stability. “We are very well aware of the right of Israel to live next to peace-loving neighbors,” he said.

Christofias commented that the terrorist massacre of five members of the Fogel family -- including a 3-month-old baby -- in the Samaria Jewish community of Itamar last Friday was committed by “people lacking any humanity and is intended as a provocation against efforts to achieve peace and security in the region.

“In the name of the people of Cyprus, allow me to offer my condolences to the president and to the families,” he said."

Source: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/142898
G-δ βlεss τhε Hεrοic Sεrβs---------G-δ βlεss the Diχiε Soυτh

ALL of Israel belongs to the Jews, G-d's chosen people!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
This is a good step in the right direction. But the fact is they too are pushing for the 'two state' suicide solution...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Well it's still the first country that refuses to cooperate with these Flotillas.It has been cooperating with Israel for a while
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ProJewGreekChristian

• Full JTFer
This is a good step in the right direction. But the fact is they too are pushing for the 'two state' suicide solution...

Of course I agree... Greece also says some pretty sick things on Israel... Sometimes it gets hard to compartmentalize policy positions such as these anti-Semitic positions given my zealous love for Greece and Greek people. I'd like to think the majority of Greeks do not support a two state solution and it's more a Bolshevik government issue... :/
G-δ βlεss τhε Hεrοic Sεrβs---------G-δ βlεss the Diχiε Soυτh

ALL of Israel belongs to the Jews, G-d's chosen people!