Author Topic: Rabbi Israel Hess ztl article on Amalek and the Arabs  (Read 1224 times)

Offline shlomo2000

• New JTFer
Rabbi Israel Hess ztl article on Amalek and the Arabs
« on: April 10, 2011, 09:43:03 PM »
Hi,

I am looking for an article that Rabbi Israel Hess ztl wrote on Amalek and the Arabs.  He was the rav of Bar Ilan University and evidently lost his position because of the controversy that arose from this article.  Ironically I cannot find the article anywhere.  It was originally published in the Bar Ilan student journal "Bat Kol" in Feb. 1980.
My email is [email protected]

Thank  you.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Rabbi Israel Hess ztl article on Amalek and the Arabs
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 01:53:10 AM »
I cannot find the article you mention, but there is mention of the article in a book which available on google.

http://books.google.com/books?id=PeyXxACwjYwC&pg=PA110&lpg=PA110&dq=%22Rabbi+Yisrael+Hess%22&source=bl&ots=sFsgbFlJm7&sig=qDFs08mwcYqFMEPtCpzg5WghHc0&hl=en&ei=jJaiTferK4bQsAPFy836DA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22Rabbi%20Yisrael%20Hess%22&f=false

It seems that most mainstream sites consider his view 'fundamentalism' while I find it to be a literal understanding of the Torah commandment.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14