Author Topic: michelle bachman wins straw poll!  (Read 3558 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: michelle bachman wins straw poll!
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2011, 06:28:12 PM »
A good sign.  But the straw polls seem to always give the little guy the edge.  In the end, it always seems like the candidate with the money (Romney) wins the nomination.

I am almost convinced Romney will be nominated... If the economy continues as it is he may even win in a landslide victory come the general election.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2011, 06:31:08 PM »
I agree that Michelle Bachmann might not be the 'electable' candidate.
I don't think the country is ready for a conservative female candidate.
Most of the women I know, liberal or conservative, were against Palin being V.P., before she even ever opened her mouth.  The media grabbed her 'negatives' by the horns and ran with them.
I think Bachmann will suffer the same fate, as Palin, if she is perceived as having a chance to win her parties nomination. 
The media has already started in on her.
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/michele_bachman_newsweek.php 
She looks great for her age, which is 55.  I have had about enough of frozen or plastic looking women.  She is intelligent and has conviction.  My vote doesn't count though.  I'm a conservative New Yorker.
Plus, she is outspoken about her Pro Life position.  I believe that is 'taboo' for most women today.  They want Pro Choice candidates.
It's too bad.  I think she is a decent person.  She would be a decent President.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »
Iowa straw poll means nothing, because less than 5,000 people voted and Rick Perry just entered the race.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »
I like that she wants to repeal crappy obama legislation and doesn't care how unpopular it would make her.   if it would cost her re-election she is already saying she doesn't care as long as she is able to repeal obama-crap.

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2011, 07:09:44 PM »
We all say that ron paul ysv does not have a chance to win the primaries but what if he does win? Back in the early 30's people thought that hitler ysv couldnt win the elections and he did.