Author Topic: Saudi Arabia discovers 9000 year old civilisation  (Read 1320 times)

Offline BritishSword

• Pro JTFer
    • Lawful Rebellion
Saudi Arabia discovers 9000 year old civilisation
« on: August 25, 2011, 01:22:14 PM »
From Yahoo News

JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia is excavating a new archaeological site that will show horses were domesticated 9,000 years ago in the Arabian peninsula, the country's antiquities expert said on Wednesday.

The discovery of the civilization, named al-Maqar after the site's location, will challenge the theory that the domestication of animals took place 5,500 years ago in Central Asia, said Ali al-Ghabban, Vice-President of Antiquities and Museums at the Saudi Commission for Tourism & Antiquities.

"This discovery will change our knowledge concerning the domestication of horses and the evolution of culture in the late Neolithic period," Ghabban told a news conference in the Red Sea port of Jeddah.

"The Maqar Civilization is a very advanced civilization of the Neolithic period. This site shows us clearly, the roots of the domestication of horses 9,000 years ago."

The site also includes remains of mummified skeletons, arrowheads, scrapers, grain grinders, tools for spinning and weaving, and other tools that are evidence of a civilization that is skilled in handicrafts.

Saudi Arabia, the world's largest oil exporter, is trying to diversify its economy away from oil and hopes to increase its tourism.

Last year the SCTA launched exhibitions in Barcelona's CaixaForum museum and Paris's Louvre museum showcasing historic findings of the Arabian Peninsula.

(Reporting by Asma Alsharif; Editing by Angus MacSwan)
I'm British. I'm Sharp.  I'm Deadly.
I am BritishSword

6a55022f0e321cd66b22318630573230965751cf

Offline BritishSword

• Pro JTFer
    • Lawful Rebellion
Re: Saudi Arabia discovers 9000 year old civilisation
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:24:06 PM »
Best Comments on the Article

From Mike:     Obviously these Arabs were civilised, as opposed to the present day Arabs, who most certainly are not.

From devil may care: If it wants to increase tourism, allow alcohol, allow bikinis, allow sex on the beach, stop public executions and stop morning, noon and night religeous ramblings blasted out all over the country.
I'm British. I'm Sharp.  I'm Deadly.
I am BritishSword

6a55022f0e321cd66b22318630573230965751cf

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:25:17 PM »
9000 YR AGO THEY PROBABLY WEREN'T ARABS :laugh:
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:34:02 PM »
Those horses must be expert in the art of self-domestication. Otherwise we are yet to see any human civilization evolving at arabia.
 ;D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »
I bet the Saudis of 9,000 years back were more advanced and civilized than today's Saudis.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 01:38:33 PM »
over 9000 years ago the arabs were over 9000 times more advanced

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 06:27:40 PM »
There is something wrong fundamentally in the topic. How can arabians discover anything.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 06:33:33 PM »
I bet the Saudis of 9,000 years back were more advanced and civilized than today's Saudis.

That was before Islam existed as well, it turned them into a backwards society. There used to be a large Jewish kingdom in Medina at one time.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »
There used to be a large Jewish kingdom in Medina at one time.
Mohammed (pig feces be upon him) had them all slaughtered.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 08:08:06 PM »

Exactly. 9000 years ago in what is now called Saudi Arabia, was far more advanced and civilized than the sewer known as Saudi Arabia today.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 02:56:31 PM »
Because of Islam, Saudi Arabia went back 18000 years in time.
You see, the koran is actually a great Islamic invention called a time machine. But it only takes you back into the stone age.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 04:25:03 PM »
Because of Islam, Saudi Arabia went back 18000 years in time.
You see, the koran is actually a great Islamic invention called a time machine. But it only takes you back into the stone age.

:::D :::D :::D :::D
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 09:13:26 PM »
I'm surprised there aren't any young earther types protesting that the earth is only 6,000 years old.  :::D

Seriously though I agree with you guys that Saudi Arabia of today really can't be compared to ancient people who were far wiser and more cultured than they are.

Offline Hank64

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »
Best Comments on the Article

From Mike:     Obviously these Arabs were civilised, as opposed to the present day Arabs, who most certainly are not.

From devil may care: If it wants to increase tourism, allow alcohol, allow bikinis, allow sex on the beach, stop public executions and stop morning, noon and night religeous ramblings blasted out all over the country.

That's because the majority of present-day Arabs are muslims.

Q.: Why is Africa such a [censored]-hole?
A.: Because no Jews ever lived there.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 06:56:11 AM »
Once the widespread radiation subsides >> arabia will be the best place for tourism.