Do you support Herman Cain's 999 plan?

Yes it will lower my taxes
7 (41.2%)
No it will raise my taxes
5 (29.4%)
I am not sure what the results will be
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Do you support Herman Cain's 999 plan?  (Read 11769 times)

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Do you support Herman Cain's 999 plan?
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2011, 01:32:09 PM »
I hate to tell you but religious conservatives will definitely vote for Romney and the Mormon thing is a dead issue, we have a muslim in the white house now so you think people care about that any more.

Right, like they all came out to vote for McCain? McCain rejected the support of John Hagee and millions of evangelicals stayed home. Now Mitt has basically come out with the halal pig Chris Christie and told that Baptist minister to go to hell. So Romney has the baggage of flipping off a high-profile evangelical and he is a Mormon. Good luck getting evangelicals to come out for Romney. They won't vote for Obama, they'll just sit at home and not vote.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2011, 01:34:14 PM »
I hate to tell you but religious conservatives will definitely vote for Romney and the Mormon thing is a dead issue, we have a muslim in the white house now so you think people care about that any more.

Right.  It might be an issue in the primaries.  I don't think much could be made of it in the general election.  We do have a Muslim in the White House.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »
Has nothing to do with white guilt. It has everything to do with Perry and Romney being awful, fake conservative, big government republicrats. Perry favors illegal immigration, paying anchor babies to get educated and can't debate to save his life. Romney is the father of Obamacare and is a Mormon, meaning real economic and religious conservatives won't support him. Cain is a straight-talker and although his positions aren't all perfect he is a much better alternative than either. At least he gives a straight answer. The next most popular white candidate after those 2 is Ron Paul...
I don't consider him a better alternative than Romney or Perry.  Just because he is a 'smooth talker'.  I'm not a fan of either Romney or Perry.  I just think they bring more to the table. 

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2011, 01:54:35 PM »
What do you like about Rick Perry? That he said you 'don't have a heart' if you oppose using taxpayer's money for anchor-baby education? He's even more pro-wetback than Jorge Bush. Or do you like how Romneycare was the prescursor for Obamacare and both force people to buy health insurance which is blatently unconstitutional? Mitt says he'll repeal Obamacare ASAP which makes him a colossal hypocrite and a phony.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2011, 02:28:16 PM »
Right, like they all came out to vote for McCain? McCain rejected the support of John Hagee and millions of evangelicals stayed home. Now Mitt has basically come out with the halal pig Chris Christie and told that Baptist minister to go to hell. So Romney has the baggage of flipping off a high-profile evangelical and he is a Mormon. Good luck getting evangelicals to come out for Romney. They won't vote for Obama, they'll just sit at home and not vote.
You believe what you want.
The fact is the Mormons and all the other groups will come out in force for Romney, except the Jewish people they will still stick with obama.

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »
I don't consider him a better alternative than Romney or Perry.  Just because he is a 'smooth talker'.  I'm not a fan of either Romney or Perry.  I just think they bring more to the table. 
You are right but a lot of people on here want another monkey in the white house, they think the second time around they will get lucky.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2011, 03:17:59 PM »
Cain2012 with a 999 plan will be much better than anybody with a 666 plan. That much can be certainly said.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2011, 03:41:34 PM »
What do you like about Rick Perry? That he said you 'don't have a heart' if you oppose using taxpayer's money for anchor-baby education? He's even more pro-wetback than Jorge Bush. Or do you like how Romneycare was the prescursor for Obamacare and both force people to buy health insurance which is blatently unconstitutional? Mitt says he'll repeal Obamacare ASAP which makes him a colossal hypocrite and a phony.
I like that they are not Obama and I believe that they can defeat him.  That is what I like about them.
Do you think Herman Cain can sway undecided Obama voters to vote for him?
They aren't voting for an old 'Uncle Tom'.  They will just vote for Obama again.

If anyone should understand that Obamacare must be repealed...it's Mitt Romney.  How does that make him a colossal hypocrite and a phony.  I would see it as a problem if he defended Romeny care

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2011, 04:28:40 PM »
You believe what you want.
The fact is the Mormons and all the other groups will come out in force for Romney, except the Jewish people they will still stick with obama.
I predict you will be sent (fudge-) packing back to where you belong with Frank Weltner and Pedofront in 6.7 seconds.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2011, 04:30:42 PM »
Do you think Herman Cain can sway undecided Obama voters to vote for him? They aren't voting for an old 'Uncle Tom'.  They will just vote for Obama again.
What makes you think that an "undecided Obama voter" would pick a phony Republican like Chris Christie or Rick Perry? Why would they pick Obama Lite when they can have the real thing?

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »
I predict you will be sent (fudge-) packing back to where you belong with Frank Weltner and Pedofront in 6.7 seconds.
I think I'm going to report you in, you are the reason why this forum can't keep any new members.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »
Wow, so much animosity.  I do think calling someone a homosexual using f***packer is certainly not appropriate for this forum.

Especially since jbiege hasnt said anything that hasnt already been said by many other members.  

bullcat3 :  I agree about the Perry's race may very well hurt him with the undecided's.  I Never even thought of that.

There were many independant voters who voted for Obama so that could prove that they were not racists.

I think having a non-black candidate would help with that percentage for a general election since they may want to do the opposite this time around.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2011, 09:03:15 PM »
Cain2012 with a 999 plan will be much better than anybody with a 666 plan. That much can be certainly said.

Cain's 999 plan is the 666 plan. Conservatives should not favor a new federal sales tax on top of an income tax. Do you want an IRS auditor at every cash register, because that is what is going to happen?
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »
Cain's 999 plan is the 666 plan. Conservatives should not favor a new federal sales tax on top of an income tax. Do you want an IRS auditor at every cash register, because that is what is going to happen?

Does anywise TRULY believe that a politician would ever be able to institute this kind of tax system here in America?  Don't get me wrong, I wish we could sustain this type of tax system, and it would probably work well in other countries that are more economically free (hong king, switzerland, etc) , but we simply can't do it here.... Obama has made that a near certainty by growing the size of our government to historic size and pushing our Debt to dangerous levels.

I think this is a good marketing ploy, but even if the GOP had a supermajority, I dont think they would gamble on this.  I want to hear more about government size reduction than anything else.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »
Does anywise TRULY believe that a politician would ever be able to institute this kind of tax system here in America?  Don't get me wrong, I wish we could sustain this type of tax system, and it would probably work well in other countries that are more economically free (hong king, switzerland, etc) , but we simply can't do it here.... Obama has made that a near certainty by growing the size of our government to historic size and pushing our Debt to dangerous levels.

I think this is a good marketing ploy, but even if the GOP had a supermajority, I dont think they would gamble on this.  I want to hear more about government size reduction than anything else.

The fact is Cain is talking about introducing a Sales Tax, and by doing that he is going to make it more acceptable for other politicians to talk about. The last thing we need is a Sales Tax on top of all the other taxes we have.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2011, 10:08:33 PM »
At this point I'm picking whomever will be the republican against osama.  The remaining republicans are all disasters.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2011, 01:26:10 PM »
Even if it results in less taxation than we have now?

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2011, 08:57:16 PM »
Even if it results in less taxation than we have now?

It will result in MORE taxation! Income Tax, Corporate Tax, and now SALES tax!

If your income tax is now less than 9% (which it is for many poor and middle class Americans) then your income taxes will go up!

Warren Buffett on they other hand will have to pay NO taxes, because there will be no more capital gains tax.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2011, 05:14:59 AM »
But should people who pay more in taxes get more votes?  Actually come to think of it, the sort of do.

This would be a very good idea.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2011, 10:59:32 AM »

If your income tax is now less than 9% (which it is for many poor and middle class Americans) then your income taxes will go up!

Warren Buffett on they other hand will have to pay NO taxes, because there will be no more capital gains tax.

If the government is taking more money from the wealthy and less to none to the poor, then the government has a responsibility to do more for the wealthy than for the poor who pay less tax.  Does that sound logical or appropriate to you?

If I had my way, I would make income tax 0% and create a sales tax that can start at 15% all across the board.  Now every American pays their fair share to the government for equal protection etc etc.  And nobody is penalized for working hard or being lazy being lucky or unlucky.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »
If the government is taking more money from the wealthy and less to none to the poor, then the government has a responsibility to do more for the wealthy than for the poor who pay less tax.  Does that sound logical or appropriate to you?

If I had my way, I would make income tax 0% and create a sales tax that can start at 15% all across the board.  Now every American pays their fair share to the government for equal protection etc etc.  And nobody is penalized for working hard or being lazy being lucky or unlucky.

No it does not sound logical, it sounds Unconstitutional!

The U.S. government is not a corporation that caters to whoever pays the most into it. Though in reality rich powerful entities have a disproportionate control over the U.S. government, it is still Unconstitutional and illegal.

The federal income tax should be abolished, but that is not even being discussed by any of the major presidential candidates. Cain is proposing an income tax on top of a sales tax!

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2011, 04:17:17 PM »
It will be simpler. But not likely to be cheaper for tax payers.
None of the taxes are constitutional.
The federal government is supposed to beg the states for funds.
And its up to the states to grant funds to the limited national government.
Thanks Lincoln for putting one of the first nails on the US coffin. Under Lincoln power transfered from the states to the District of Corruption.

im sorry, but that's just not true. I agree with a policy of low taxes and all but the constitution does allow federal taxes.

Quote from: article 1 section 8- US constitution
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

I think that the best course of action is a semi-flat income tax. That is, all income above the poverty line gets taxed ~17%

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2011, 04:20:26 PM »

Newsflash--about 50% of Americans pay no tax at all, and a large number of those even GAIN from the government because of bogus "credits" or various welfare programs.

If they had some stake in the system and were on the hook, they would think twice about voting Obamas into office.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2011, 04:28:06 PM »
Newsflash--about 50% of Americans pay no tax at all, and a large number of those even GAIN from the government because of bogus "credits" or various welfare programs.

If they had some stake in the system and were on the hook, they would think twice about voting Obamas into office.

All Working Americans pay Federal Payroll Taxes!!!

50% of Americans are too poor to pay Federal INCOME taxes, but all Working Americans pay Federal payroll taxes!

If you think having the GOP impose taxes on the poor will get them to vote GOP, think again.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2011, 05:02:42 PM »
There are better options than the 9-9-9 tax plan. 

If not 0% income tax and just sales tax, then a flat income tax that is low and that can help the economy get back on its feet and make government less bloated.  I'm sorry, this country is too large for the government to be efficient with welfare, for example.  The government should only take care of the basic needs that this country needs and the rest should be privatized...and guess what, with privitization, you get more jobs and a better economy.