Author Topic: Matisyahu Fiasco  (Read 10545 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Matisyahu Fiasco
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2011, 02:43:33 PM »
And by the way- people suspecting and accusing him of things he did not admit to either makes them get what they are accusing him of getting- a sin.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »
And by the way- people suspecting and accusing him of things he did not admit to either makes them get what they are accusing him of getting- a sin.

I have not accused him of anything... I have always said to wait and see what becomes of this. It is wrong to make snap judgements...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »
I have not accused him of anything... I have always said to wait and see what becomes of this. It is wrong to make snap judgements...

I'm not accusing you of accusing him.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2011, 03:20:25 PM »
Like I said, I think he was intentionally vague and nebulous.

Now, what I want to know if he supports Israel at the moment. He didn't even touch that.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2011, 03:23:13 PM »
Like I said, I think he was intentionally vague and nebulous.

Now, what I want to know if he supports Israel at the moment. He didn't even touch that.

Does he have to answer to you? Or to me or to anyone besides G-D?
  And he wasn't vague at all. I think you should drop it.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2011, 03:24:41 PM »
Why are you taking offense to that? I am not going to judge him on his faith--that's not my place. But I want to know whether or not he supports he supports his brothers and sisters in G-d's land.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »
Does he have to answer to you? Or to me or to anyone besides G-D?
  And he wasn't vague at all. I think you should drop it.

Im pretty sure he would still support Israel... It is really too early to make any judgements based on him shaving his beard...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2011, 11:15:01 PM »
Mum I think you were replying to Axl on the last one and not me.
 - Also about the shaving KahanewasrightBT is correct about that being Rav Bar Haims opinion. I asked and clarified it with him personally today and he explained it to me (he said he is mahmir, soo I'll Bli neder follow it this was now B"H). But either way even if we are to say and believe it is forbidden the facts are that many others permit it (and even I before today didn't know this as soo) and we can and should believe that he is holding like them in this matter. In this situation their is no other reason then being Lekah Zehut and not just with words but with thoughts as well because we clearly don't see Matisyahu committing outright sins. Its not like we just found the guy sleeping with someones wife (G-D forbid) like you see with many celebraties etc. Or publicly stating not to keep Shabbout or that he isnt keeping it. And on top of that he went to the Mikwaa the next day ( something in his situation is not even Hayaw to do). - Being outside of Israel.
 (By the way I also meet a guy who mentioned Chaim and he made shows with him, I think he said his name is Bob) He was talking to some people and mentioned JTF as well.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2011, 12:00:36 AM »
Mum I think you were replying to Axl on the last one and not me.
 - Also about the shaving KahanewasrightBT is correct about that being Rav Bar Haims opinion. I asked and clarified it with him personally today and he explained it to me (he said he is mahmir, soo I'll Bli neder follow it this was now B"H). But either way even if we are to say and believe it is forbidden the facts are that many others permit it (and even I before today didn't know this as soo) and we can and should believe that he is holding like them in this matter. In this situation their is no other reason then being Lekah Zehut and not just with words but with thoughts as well because we clearly don't see Matisyahu committing outright sins. Its not like we just found the guy sleeping with someones wife (G-D forbid) like you see with many celebraties etc. Or publicly stating not to keep Shabbout or that he isnt keeping it. And on top of that he went to the Mikwaa the next day ( something in his situation is not even Hayaw to do). - Being outside of Israel.
 (By the way I also meet a guy who mentioned Chaim and he made shows with him, I think he said his name is Bob) He was talking to some people and mentioned JTF as well.

Yes... I apologize...

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »

So, do we know if Matisyahu shaved the forbidden way, with a razor, or if he used an electric shaver?
Thanks for the explanation.

Chas veshalom.  I don't think there's any reason to suspect that at all.  I would suspect he used an electric, he's a pretty religious guy.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »
I'm trying to research this topic right now and a friend of mine gave me this website

http://www.koshershaver.org/why.htm
 (not sure if all Rabbanim including Rav Bar Hayim agree with it, but im skimming through it and in regards to Matisyahu a further thing)

The Chasam Sofer concludes by saying that a person who acts stringently is considered holy, but one who acts leniently should not be criticized in any way for his conduct.