Author Topic: I really don't like things like this  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I really don't like things like this
« on: May 15, 2012, 08:37:31 PM »
I understand that this is his preferred sport, and that he doesn't have a male team to play it on anywhere near to him anymore, but I still think it's completely unacceptable to allow him to play on the girl's team. Why couldn't he transfer his skills in this sport to learn another one that takes similar skills that he could play on a male team?

I also think the arguments in his favor are ridiculous, about how he's good but not too good at it. The point of having men's teams and women's teams is that men and women are physically and athletically different. Level of skill shouldn't even come into this debate at all. It's still unfair to the other teams' players.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/keeling-pilaro-boy-can-play-on-girls-field-hockey-team-athletics-committee-rules-051512

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: I really don't like things like this
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 01:42:08 PM »
At 13 this boy can easily learn to play another sport while on the other hand he is never going to turn into a pro girl field hockey player.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 01:49:13 PM »
At 13 this boy can easily learn to play another sport while on the other hand he is never going to turn into a pro girl field hockey player.

I agree with you. He has no place on a women's team. A woman also has no place on a men's team no matter how much she wants to play football. Life has disappointments in it. Instead of allowing children to learn this, the schools are stifling the kids from learning this.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 09:03:27 PM »
I agree with you. He has no place on a women's team. A woman also has no place on a men's team no matter how much she wants to play football. Life has disappointments in it. Instead of allowing children to learn this, the schools are stifling the kids from learning this.

Are you against co-ed intramural sports like softball or volleyball?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 09:22:01 PM »
Are you against co-ed intramural sports like softball or volleyball?

If the teams are all co-ed then that's one thing but a girl shouldn't be on a male team and a boy shouldn't be on a female team. Also the men and women obviously need separate rooms to prep before the game if they're getting dressed or something.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 04:53:54 AM »
When I was in primary school the sport class was mixed and we played dodgeball and "netball" (easier form of volleyball) mixed teams. But not football though that was only boys. At age 12 many girls are actually bigger and stronger then many boys.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 07:27:17 AM »
When I was in primary school the sport class was mixed and we played dodgeball and "netball" (easier form of volleyball) mixed teams. But not football though that was only boys. At age 12 many girls are actually bigger and stronger then many boys.

I don't really have a problem with mixed teams if they're meant to be coed but I do have a problem with a boy being allowed to join a girl's team or a girl being allowed to join a boy's team.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 11:01:13 AM »
When I was in my 20s I played in an ice hockey league that included women on some of the teams. Realistically speaking, I only played against three women and one of them was a goalie. It never really bothered me, in fact I didn't even give it much thought until one game that we played against one of the teams with a woman. My teammates and I were quite conscious of the fact that we were playing against a woman as evidenced by a clear lack of aggression towards her. In fact, at one point during the game, I was up against the boards playing the puck and was checked into them by this girl. Not a big check or anything but, had it been a guy, I would most certainly have made sure to return the hit at some later point in time. Not so with this girl. I kind of let it go. Maybe it's the old fashioned way that I was brought up, but I find it distasteful to physically hit a woman.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 11:31:49 AM »
HiWarp I think the problem you brought up, that it changed the way you played, gave her team an unfair advantage. You were raised correctly, but you shouldn't have been put in a situation where you had to choose between being decent and doing the best for your team.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »
You are correct without a doubt Rubystars. To make matters worse, this team actually had two of the three women in the league on it and they both played on the same line. So, for approximately one quarter of the game, there were two women on the ice and that definitely changed the way my team played.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 01:48:33 PM »
Unless it is a coed team in a coed league, men and boys should only play on the same sex teams
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein